Serpentstone Samhain Gathering 2007 Reminder-Dragon Hills, Ga.

  • Etsi Doyi Astarte
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      Samhain 2007 Gathering
      October 25-28, 2007
      Dragon Hills
      near Carrollton, GA
      (Gates open at Noon on Thursday)

      Enter The Darkness

      The Veil thins, and the Voices of the Ancestors call out.
      Do you dare to enter the Darkness, to learn the mysteries they have
      to teach?
      The way back to the Light is through the darkest Realms the Soul can
      Dare. Love. Live.

      Dress in your best, your most fantastic, or come as you are!
      Dance the night away! (Or just enjoy the fun!)

      email the appropriate person at:
      Gathering Coordinator – Rhiannon at
      Registration Coordinator - Mortir at registration@...
      Merchant Coordinator –Autumn at merchanting@...
      Workshop Coordinator – PhoenixTears at workshops@...
      Kitchen Witch – Starchild at kitchenwitch@...

      or contact us at SerpentStone, PO Box 652, Candler, NC 28715 Phone:
      (828) 665-4049

      PLEASE BRING: tent, sleeping bags, blankets, rain gear and clothing
      for both warm and cold weather, flashlight, snack foods, ritual gear,
      drums, and other musical instruments. Plan for a wide temperature
      range, even at this time of the year, but tending toward the cold
      side. Remember your feast gear and eating utensils (Styrofoam and
      other feast gear is no longer supplied!). For more helpful
      suggestions and a checklist for what you should bring, see our
      Suggested Packing List online at

      If you need to buy things before or during the gathering, please stop
      at one of the larger stores in town, rather than the small local
      convenience stores. It keeps the small stores able to supply their
      regular customers, and keeps the rumors and security hassles down.

      We'll supply food for breakfast on Friday,Saturday and Sunday, and
      main dish
      supper on Thursday,Friday and Saturday. Please bring pot-luck
      offerings for
      the feasts. It need not be prepared unless it is baked. Items such as
      fresh fruits and veggies, cheese, sour cream, honey, breakfast meats,
      breads, desserts, and salad items are very much welcomed by our
      kitchen witch. Please drop these off at the kitchen as soon as
      possible after arriving, so our Kitchen Witch and helpers can begin
      working their magic! Having enough for everyone is dependent on
      everyone bringing something for the kitchen, so please help us have a
      bountiful feast!

      $10 per child* 12-16 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of
      volunteer service) if paid and postmarked before October 19, 2007.
      $25 per person* over 16 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of
      volunteer service) if paid and postmarked before October 19, 2007.
      $35 per person* after October 19, 2007 and at the door (plus your
      feast contribution and
      2 hours of volunteer service).
      NEW FAMILY RATE: (This includes up to 2 adults, and children under 18
      living in the house)
      Prepaid registration before October 19, 2007 - $60. At the gate -
      $75 (plus your feast contribution and
      2 hours of volunteer service).
      *Children under 12 are free. A legal guardian must accompany anyone
      under 18. If not a custodial parent, the guardian must be responsible
      for the minor, and have a written permission statement from the
      parent, which must be presented at registration immediately upon
      *Work-scholarships (in which the registration fee is waived in return
      for a number of extra work shifts) are available for those for whom
      finances are an issue. Contact the Registration Coordinator to make

      Treat each other with respect, and respect all paths. Take care of
      those you come with, and respect the land, by leaving your campsite
      cleaner than you found it. Most of all, HAVE FUN!
      No illegal drugs, firearms, drunken behavior, bad attitudes,
      violence or other inappropriate behaviors will be condoned on the
      site. We DO enforce the no drugs rule, and the security team has
      active duty law enforcement officers serving among them, so don't
      bring them!
      No pets. Service dogs only will be permitted at the gathering site.
      All other pets will be refused at the gate, so please do not bring
      Please bring: positive attitudes, appropriate gear, and food for the
      potluck contribution! Please note: We are working very hard to keep
      our prices low, despite rising costs for sites, food, and fuel. If
      you can add something, even a dollar or two, to your registration, it
      may help someone else be able to attend. Community service: Each
      participant needs to contribute two hours of community service during
      the gathering. It is basically just a little of the background work
      that lets a gathering happen, and may include helping out with
      registration, food preparation, heralding workshops or rituals,
      helping with the site, or cleanup. It's fun, and a great way to get
      to know folks better!

      An email confirming your registration and giving directions to the
      site will be sent about a week before the gathering if we have
      received your completed pre-registration form and your payment.

      For swifter check-in onsite, please register online at
      Registration Form
      Samhain 2007

      Craft name (if any): _____________________________________

      Address: _________________________________________________

      City:___________________________ State: _______ Zip: ________

      Email Address:
      (for confirmation email to be sent out about a
      week before the gathering)

      Telephone ( _____ )

      # of Adults and Children over 12: _____ Vegetarian: ___ Omnivore: ____

      Child under 18: ___ 12: ____ Responsible Adult: _____________________

      Onsite Contact (mundane name, please): ______________________________

      Personal Information remains strictly confidential!

      Please complete the Registration Form by October 19, 2007 and return
      it with check or money order made out to SerpentStone, to:
      SerpentStone, PO Box 652, Candler, NC 28715