Serpentstone Samhain Gathering Reminder

  • Etsi Doyi Astarte
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2006
      SerpentStone
      Samhain 2006 Gathering
      October 26-29, 2006
      At
      Dragon Hills
      near Carrollton, GA
      (Gates open at Noon on Thursday)

      Walk With the Ancestors
      Let go of the mundane world, its cares and stressors. Walk again
      along the ancient pathways of the Soul. Listen…in the voice of the
      Wind, the laugh of a friend, hear the Wisdom of the Ancients, the
      songs of the spirit, once again.
      Come! Join the giveaway to share of your treasures, to separate from
      the old, to make way for the new. Enter the Circle, and pass through
      the Gates Between the Worlds.
      Sing the Songs, and Dance the Dance.
      Come, share the Love and the worship of the Old Gods!

      Special Events: Firewalk Friday night (extra donation requested),
      Fire Dance Saturday night, Children’s Trick or Treat, Pagan
      Giveaway, and fantastic Raffle Drawing!

      PLEASE NOTE COST CHANGE FOR 4 DAY GATHERING!

      FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
      email the appropriate person at:
      Gathering Coordinator â€" Rhiannon and Dreamfox at
      gatheringcoordinato r@serpentstone. org
      Registration Coordinator - Mortir at registration@ serpentstone. org
      Merchant Coordinator â€"at merchanting@ serpentstone. org
      Workshop Coordinator â€" Le’Annon at workshops@serpentst one.org
      Kitchen Witch â€" Starchild at kitchenwitch@ serpentstone. org

      or contact us at SerpentStone, PO Box 9296, Knoxville, TN 37940 (865)
      573-8798

      PRACTICAL MATTERS
      PLEASE BRING: tent, sleeping bags, blankets, rain gear and clothing
      for both warm and cold weather, flashlight, snack foods, ritual gear,
      drums, and other musical instruments. Plan for a wide temperature
      range, even at this time of the year, but tending toward the cold
      side. Remember your feast gear and eating utensils (Styrofoam and
      other feast gear is no longer supplied!). For more helpful
      suggestions and a checklist for what you should bring, see our
      Suggested Packing List online at
      http://www.serpents tone.org/ gatherings/ packinglist_ text.html

      If you need to buy things before or during the gathering, please stop
      at one of the larger stores in town, rather than the small local
      convenience stores. It keeps the small stores able to supply their
      regular customers, and keeps the rumors and security hassles down.

      FOOD
      We'll supply food for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and main dish
      supper on Friday and Saturday. Please bring pot-luck offerings for
      the feasts. It need not be prepared unless it is baked. Items such as
      fresh fruits and veggies, cheese, sour cream, honey, breakfast meats,
      breads, desserts, and salad items are very much welcomed by our
      kitchen witch. Please drop these off at the kitchen as soon as
      possible after arriving, so our Kitchen Witch and helpers can begin
      working their magic! Having enough for everyone is dependent on
      everyone bringing something for the kitchen, so please help us have a
      bountiful feast!

      COST (NOTE CHANGE FOR 4 DAY GATHERING)
      $10 per child* 12-16 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of
      volunteer service)
      if paid and postmarked before October 20, 2006.
      $20 per person* over 16 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of
      volunteer service)
      if paid and postmarked before October 20, 2006.
      $30 per person* after October 20, 2006 and at the door (plus your
      feast contribution and
      2 hours of volunteer service).
      *Children under 12 are free. A legal guardian must accompany anyone
      under 18. If not a custodial parent, the guardian must be responsible
      for the minor, and have a written permission statement from the
      parent, which must be presented at registration immediately upon
      arrival.
      *Work-scholarships (in which the registration fee is waived in return
      for a number of extra work shifts) are available for those for whom
      finances are an issue. Contact the Registration Coordinator to make
      arrangements.

      RULES TO LIVE BY
      Treat each other with respect, and respect all paths. Take care of
      those you come with, and respect the land, by leaving your campsite
      cleaner than you found it. Most of all, HAVE FUN!
      No illegal drugs, firearms, drunken behavior, bad attitudes,
      violence or other inappropriate behaviors will be condoned on the
      site. We DO enforce the no drugs rule, and the security team has
      active duty law enforcement officers serving among them, so don't
      bring them!
      No pets. Service dogs only will be permitted at the gathering site.
      All other pets will be refused at the gate, so please do not bring
      them.
      Please bring: positive attitudes, appropriate gear, and food for the
      potluck contribution! Please note: We are working very hard to keep
      our prices low, despite rising costs for sites, food, and fuel. If
      you can add something, even a dollar or two, to your registration, it
      may help someone else be able to attend. Community service: Each
      participant needs to contribute two hours of community service during
      the gathering. It is basically just a little of the background work
      that lets a gathering happen, and may include helping out with
      registration, food preparation, heralding workshops or rituals,
      helping with the site, or cleanup. It's fun, and a great way to get
      to know folks better!

      Special Events

      At SerpentStone Samhain 2006

      FireWalk
      led by FireIris, Certified Firewalk Instructor
      Become attuned to the Power within yourself! Join FireIris as she
      leads you to explore the amazing depths of your own self. Connect
      more deeply than ever with the power of the Elements, as you discover
      for yourself that the impossible is not only possible, but within
      your reach!
      (Extra donation requested)
      Friday Night

      FireDance
      Led by FireIris
      For those who have walked the coals, join us for the ecstatic
      experience of dancing the Fire!
      Saturday night

      PAGAN GIVEAWAY!
      Saturday 10 AM â€" 2 PM
      On the lollybump near the Kitchen
      Let go of the old to make way for the new!
      Each of us has things that no longer call to us, have memories
      attached that we need to let go, or that we feel just need to move
      on. Bring your items (please cleanse them of any negative energy)
      and leave them with a clue of who you are for someone to pick up or
      exchange. Trades not necessary, but nice. If you pick up an item,
      try to find whom it belonged to, and make a new friend!

      Children’s Trick or Treat
      Saturday afternoon
      Children, dress up in your best costume, and join us trick or
      treating around the camp. Adults, bring treats for the kids!

      An email confirming your registration and giving directions to the
      site will be sent about a week before the gathering if we have
      received your completed pre-registration form and your payment.
      For swifter check-in onsite, please register online at
      http://www.serpents tone.org/ prereg.php
      ------------ ----
      Registration Form
      Samhain 2006
      Name:_______ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________

      Craft name (if any): ____________ _________ _________ _______

      Address: ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

      City:_______ _________ _________ __ State: _______ Zip: ________

      Email Address: ____________ _________ _________ _________ ________
      (for confirmation email to be sent out about a
      week before the gathering)

      Telephone ( _____ )
      ____________ _________ ______Birthdate: _________ _____

      # of Adults and Children over 12: _____ Vegetarian: ___ Omnivore: ____

      Child under 18: ___ 12: ____ Responsible Adult: ____________ _________

      Onsite Contact (mundane name, please): ____________ _________
      _________

      Offsite Contact : ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

      Offsite Contact Phone: ( _____ ) ____________ _________ ________
      ============ ========= ========= ========= ========= ========= ==
      Personal Information remains strictly confidential!

      Please complete the Registration Form by October 20, 2006 and return
      it with check or money order made out to SerpentStone, to:
      SerpentStone, PO Box 9296, Knoxville, TN 37940

      Dohiyi,
      Etsi Doyi-Astarte
    • Etsi Doyi Astarte
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 16, 2006
        SerpentStone Samhain Gathering
        Date: Saturday October 28, 2006
        Time: All Day
        Repeats: This event repeats every day, until Sunday October 29, 2006.
        Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 5
        days, 3 minutes.
        Location: Dragon Hills near Carrollton GA
        573-8798. Preregister here: http://www.serpents tone.org/ prereg.php