The Savant Seeker-February Edition

  • ladyastarte584
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      THE SAVANT SEEKER

      News and views of The Lost Savant

      Volume 2 1 February
      2006 Issue 2

      The Lost Savant

      Coffee, Conversation, Tea, Books & Root Beer

      5703 B North Broadway, Knoxville, TN 37918

      865-689-9990

      A most remarkable bookstore!

      FEBRUARY SPECIAL EVENTS

      YVALENTINE'S DAY SPECIALSY

      FREE CHOCOLATE with any dinner on

      VALENTINE'S DAY (between 6-9pm)

      FRANK LAZLO WILL BE SERENADING ALL DINERS WITH PIANO AND VOICE FROM
      6PM-9PM

      "Let's talk about …" workshop series begins with Laura Woodruff.
      This month featuring "Let's talk about connecting with intuitive
      guidance"

      Laura will begin our "Let's talk about…" workshop series with a
      discussion of how to connect with your spirit guides, internal
      guidance, intuition or inner knowing. She will describe the use of
      divination tools, such as Tarot cards, to assist with tapping in to
      our highest knowledge.

      Cost $15 per person.

      Saturday, February 18th from 4-6pm

      More Special Events:

      Energy Fields Forever – the very popular John Morgan will host a two-
      hour class including guided meditation for centering, shielding,
      connecting with Spirit, chakra opening and connecting Spirit with
      Earth for clearing and balancing. The hands-on portion will
      encompass energy work of various modalities, as well as crystal and
      tonal work. John will draw on his extensive experience of over
      twenty years of spiritual energy work, including Reiki, Rosicrucian,
      astral travel, on-line meditations, crystal work, tonal vibrations
      and much more to bring a unique view of the practical application of
      energy in your daily life. Cost $6 per person. Thursday, February
      23rd from 7:00-9:00 pm.

      Announcements:

      The Lost Savant will begin two new series this month. "Let's Talk
      About…" workshop series is designed to introduce our patronage to the
      alluring world of New Age metaphysical topics. February will begin
      with "Let's Talk About…Connecting With Intuitive Guidance" with Laura
      Woodruff. March will bring "Let's Talk About…Labyrinths" with Lady
      Rhiannon. For April we have "Let's Talk About…Kabbalah" with
      RoseCrow and for May we have Lady Rhiannon for an encore
      discussing "Let's Talk About…Herbology." Please watch the Savant
      Seeker for details of the featured workshop each month.

      Abstract Reasoning Discussion Group, hosted by Robert Hoyt, intends
      to allow free thought and heart-felt discussion among all members no
      matter their topic of interest. The group will select the reading
      material and discussion is as open as the mind's of the members. The
      group begins with Rob's choice of The Cloud of Unknowing on Tuesday,
      February 21st at 7:30 pm. Bring your open mind, attentive ear and
      lucid conversation.

      DAN'S STANZA – MUSIC & MAYHEM

      "Just as Jesus created wine from water, we humans are capable of
      transmuting emotion into music." ~ Carlos Santana

      MUSICAL EVENTS FOR DECEMBER

      Friday February 3 (7:30pm-10:30pm) Singer – songwriter open mic
      night.

      Saturday February 4 (8-11pm) Acoustic rock with Johnny Feeko

      Friday February 10 (8-11pm) Folk and pop with singer/songwriter Sam
      Lewis

      Saturday February 11 (8-11pm) Blues and jazz with Dan Large and The
      Innocent Culprits

      Tuesday, February 14 (6-9pm) Romantic piano and vocals with Frank
      Lazlo for Valentine's Day diners.

      Saturday February 18 (7:30-11pm) New-grass with Wild Blue Yonder

      Dan's Ultimate Sampler - The "Ultimate Sampler" CD of Dan Large with
      Roger Hay on lead guitar is now available for purchase at The Lost
      Savant. You can pick up your copy for only $12.00.

      Connie's Corner – Quips and Quotes

      Quotes to Stimulate Mentation:

      To refrain from imitation is the best revenge. ~ Marcus Aurelius
      Antoninus

      One day as I came home early from work... I saw a guy jogging naked.
      I said to the guy, "Hey buddy, why are you doing that?" He
      said, "Because you came home early." ~ Rodney Dangerfield

      If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their
      feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop
      it? ~ Steven Wright

      I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated
      that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't
      understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who
      your dentist is? ~ Paul Merton h

      Ongoing Special Events

      OPEN MIC POETRY – Second Thursday of every month from 7:30pm – 9:00pm
      the microphone is open for YOU to share your original poetry
      writings. Host Robert Lydick will facilitate poetry readings and
      sharing.

      WRITERS WORKSHOP – Third Thursday of every month from 7:30pm – 9:00pm
      Savant Patrick Parker will host a writers' workshop. Bring your raw
      and wonderful writings to the group for helpful hints and artistic
      commentary.

      OPEN MIC MUSICIAN NIGHT – First Friday of every month from 7:30pm –
      9:00pm. Come show off your talent, listen to other talent (or even
      make fun of the absence of talentJ). You will have a great time!
      Call Dan Large for details – 865-689-9990.

      YOGA – BREATHE AND RELEASE YOGA – Each Wednesday from 5:30pm –
      6:30pm. Catherine is a certified Yoga teacher and will be teaching
      beginner Yoga for participants of all ages. Cost $8 per class. Drop-
      ins are welcome!

      ROMANCE READER'S CLUB – Meets every 3rd Saturday at 1:00 pm. The
      next meeting is February 18 at 1:00 pm. Do you love reading
      romance? Then join our group! From print books to e-books we read
      them all. Contact Christy at 865-687-4906 or email at
      knoxvilleromancereader@....

      ABSTRACT REASONING DISCUSSION GROUP - Host Robert Hoyt will lead the
      group in discussion of metaphysical, spiritual, theological,
      philosophical and abstract writings and ideas. Group members decide
      the reading material to discuss. The first meeting will begin at
      7:30pm on Tuesday, February 21st and will continue monthly on every
      third Tuesday. First book: The Cloud of Unknowing edited by Fr.
      James Walsh, SJ (available at The Lost Savant.)

      "LET'S TALK ABOUT…" WORKSHOPS – The Lost Savant will begin a series
      of monthly workshops designed to introduce our customers to the
      exciting world of metaphysics. Our workshops will include such
      topics as tapping in to internal guidance, meditation, labyrinths,
      healing touch, Reiki, energy work, Tarot reading, astrology, Tai Chi
      and many other New Age and metaphysical topics. Please see the
      newsletter each month for the featured subject.

      hCelestial Sayings – Astrology just for fun by Diana

      ^Aries (March 20-April 19) Your true destiny awaits you, available
      in every choice every moment. Will you use your common sense and
      intuition to make brave new decisions? Or will you refuse the advice
      of wise men and your gut and plunge blindly? You are the leader of
      many more than you know.

      _Taurus (April 19- May 20) Forgiveness is an activity, not merely a
      state of mind. Forgiveness is for giving your self a new vibration,
      a new perspective. Forgiveness is about you only, not the other guy,
      gal, situation, circumstance, past life or whatever entity you choose
      to place the blame upon. Choosing to no longer see yourself as a
      victim is a healing balm to not only your soul but also your very
      real physical body.

      `Gemini (May 20-June 21) Before all that is ever was, you made a
      choice to exist. Now that you have made a choice to exist, how about
      choosing to actually live? Life is beautiful, flowing, changing.
      Living requires touching, feeling, engaging, accepting life as it is
      and loving life for what it is. Resistance is death.

      aCancer (June 21 – July 22) The vast and infinite power of judgment
      lies within your mind. Logic and organization may be very helpful
      skills for the business world, but criticism, whining and a constant
      negative attitude make for a very uncomfortable internal
      environment.

      bLeo (July 22 – August 23) Your word is your bond. Or is it? If
      you no longer believe what you are saying to yourself, check your
      internal facts. Sometimes what you believe is what you see instead
      of the usual cliché of seeing is believing. Shaky belief structures
      cause unconsciously dishonest communications.

      cVirgo (August 23 – September 22) Are you feeling particularly
      joyous inside for no known reason? Does that scare you? Perhaps now
      is a good time to ask yourself why feeling joyous and free should be
      so scary. Perhaps now is a good time to just trust your heart and
      feel great instead of analyzing anything at all.

      dLibra (September 22 – October 23) Family relationships may be
      particularly active right now. Reflecting on family issues may be
      delicate or touchy. You may even feel victimized by your own
      family. Now is the time to expand your viewpoint and see the
      situation through the other's eyes. Remember, everything comes to us
      as a blessing. And the past is over. It can only touch you if you
      keep holding its hand.

      eScorpio (October 23 – November 22) You have always wanted to
      create your own world and live in it in just the way you designed
      it. God complex? No way, just true Scorpio manifestation ability.
      Well, you have that ability now. Will you choose only love, light,
      and sunshine? Or will there be stars, darkness and deep oceans in
      your Universe?

      fSagittarius (November 22 – December 22) Are you religious or
      spiritual? Are you a true friend or a fair-weather-fan? Not
      everyone will love you and not everyone will hate you, but everyone
      will indeed be attracted to you. Will you stab them with pointed
      words, or will you point them to the truth?

      gCapricorn (December 22 – January 20) Your mind may be feeling
      blissfully relaxed and peacefully elated. In the background, you may
      notice the tugging of old, sad memories pulling you down
      uncomfortable paths. Settle the situation by blending them artfully
      within your knowing body.

      hAquarius (January 20 – February 19) Happy Birthday Aquarius! It
      is all about you right now. The rest of the world is truly living in
      your shoes. Teach them what you already know; that the only constant
      is change. Everything set in stone will necessitate smashing when
      the next change comes. Yes, structure is necessary for life, but
      love takes its own form.

      iPisces (February 19 – March 20) A truly strong man has no need to
      prove his strength. A truly peaceful woman has no need to scream and
      cry for peace. There is no difference whatsoever in having, doing
      and being. Samson was not strong because of his hair; he was strong
      because of his true faith in himself.

      LOU'S LOWDOWN – Wisdom from the mind of Mom

      Relax and enjoy a cup of tea! Sipping one cup of tea per day may
      help to reduce breast cancer by as much as 50%!. For more
      information, check out www.breastcancer.org.

      Eating an orange or drinking one glass of orange juice per day may
      decrease the symptoms of arthritis by as much as 50%. The key
      ingredient in oranges is beta-cryptoxanthin, which along with the
      natural anti-oxidants in oranges helps prevent cellular damage that
      contributes to joint inflammation and pain. d

      Diana's Diatribe – Health and Spirituality

      Let's talk about ph-balance!

      Your body is a most complex and amazing organism. Atoms join
      together by the billions to make molecules. Millions of molecules
      combine to form cells. Thousands of cells unite to create tissues,
      neurons, organs, muscles, bones, fascia, ligaments and tendons.
      Chemical compounds arrange themselves into enzymes, hormones, RNA,
      DNA, amino acids, oxygen and essential gases. Nerves generate
      electrical impulses and magnetic charges. Specific heart cells can
      maintain a rhythmic beat even when removed entirely from the body!
      The entire body complex is a most magnificent and exciting universe.

      The fact is that our bodies are mostly water. At birth we are about
      90% water. By adulthood we are about 70% water. Research has shown
      that older adults with Alzheimer's disease have bodies measuring only
      45% water. Water is a requirement for almost every cellular process
      within the physical body. And, as I recently heard from my live
      blood analyst, if the sick fish is swimming in dirty water, change
      the water; don't treat the fish for its sickness. The secret to
      healthy bodies lies in healthy water at the cellular level. Healthy
      water is balanced water.

      Our bodies make blood, fluids, amino acids and most every other
      building block from the products we ingest in our diet. If the foods
      we choose to eat can turn to garbage in our refrigerators or in our
      trash cans, then the food can also turn to garbage in our stomach.
      Rotting food usually turns to acid. The same thing happens in our
      stomachs. Acidic food leads to acidic blood. Our bodies are forced
      to work extra hard to bring our ph level back into balance and
      alignment.

      Many ancient traditions such as Chinese medicine and Aryuvedic
      medicine recommend eating certain types of foods together or in a
      particular order to enhance the body's natural tendency towards
      balance. Many new products are on the market to alkalize the blood
      by ph-balancing the food and/or water that we ingest. New diets
      recommend raw cruciferous foods and naturally ph-balanced foods and
      drinks. All of these approaches may be helpful and healthy. We have
      many choices on our way to a healthy diet and lifestyle.

      In addition to the obvious dietary possibilities to balance the ph of
      the blood and fluids of the body, lifestyle choices contribute
      greatly to the ph-balance of the body. Meditation, yoga, massage,
      stress-reduction techniques, laughter therapy and other activities
      along those lines also serve to balance the ph levels of the body.
      Stress causes the release of certain hormones and chemicals into the
      blood. These hormones and chemicals are mostly acidic. Relaxation
      techniques cause the release of alkaline chemicals into the blood.
      The reason we feel relaxed or stressed may very well be the ph level
      of our blood!

      Dietary and life-style choices are personal decisions. Choose wisely
      and educate yourself well in all the possibilities. Live long and
      prosper! e

      Roger's Ruminations – Poetry & Original Writings

      Weight of the World

      Lately I'm bent like a crippled hobbit,

      my face inches above the asphalt,

      my eyes glowering into the endless grey tar.

      But I don't shirk my load

      so that I may improve my

      overexerted posture.

      Too many precious hang-ups gather

      upon my shoulders and make me top-heavy.

      Discarding even one detail of my load cures my ails,

      but severs my ties to those who rely on my

      twisted back to be the bearer of the brunt.

      And I dare not disappoint those who trust,

      for without trust,

      I am simply a tall man

      walking about without life's cargo.

      Roger D. Hay e

      We appreciate your business!

      The Lost Savant

      Coffee, Conversation, Tea, Books & Root Beer

      5703 B North Broadway, Knoxville, TN 37918

      865-689-9990

      We welcome your additions, comments and feedback. Contact The
      Savant Seeker Editor at diana@...

      Editor in Chief: Diana Hay diana@...

      Books and Writings: Roger Hay roger@...

      Living and Personals: Connie Large connie@...