NOT DPC EVENT - SerpentStone Lammas Gathering

  • Dreamweaver
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2005
      This isn't a Dragon Palm event - but we felt it would be of interest to local pagans. Angus WaterStone and kids and Medicine Hawk from DPC will be there. (and the rest of us wish we could be.)

      Blessed Be

      Dreamweaver

      SerpentStone Lammas Gathering

      August 12-14, 2005

      At Splendor Hollow

      (near Sevierville, TN)

      Come dance the Dance and sing the Songs, as we celebrate the bounty given to us by the Gods, and especially the mysteries of John Barleycorn!

      SPECIAL EVENT: In old Celtic tradition, this was the time for the Bardic contests, and the contests of strength and will. At this gathering, we will also have such contests, but these are contests with a Twist! Are you usually reserved? Be boisterous! Serious? Be funny! You must show a side of yourself that you do not usually reveal at gatherings! Meditate, be creative and join the fun!

      SKYCLAD WELCOME AT THIS GATHERING

      FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
      email the appropriate person at:
      Gathering Coordinator -- Rhiannon at gatheringcoordinator@...,
      Registration Coordinator -- Mortir at registration@...,
      Merchant Coordinator –at merchanting@...,

      (MERCHANTS:This is small site with limited space: be sure to contact coordinator early!)
      Workshop Coordinator – Le'Annon at workshops@...

      Kitchen Witch - Starrah at kitchenwitch@...

      or contact us at SerpentStone, PO Box 9296, Knoxville, TN 37940 (865) 573-8798

      PRACTICAL MATTERS

      PLEASE BRING: tent, sleeping bags, blankets, rain gear and clothing for both warm and cool weather, flashlight, snack foods, ritual gear, drums, and other musical instruments. Plan for a wide temperature range, even at this time of the year, but tend toward the warm side. Remember your feast gear and eating utensils (Styrofoam and other feast gear is no longer supplied!). For more helpful suggestions and a checklist for what you should bring, see our Suggested Packing List online at

      http://www.serpentstone.org/gatherings/packinglist_text.html

      If you need to buy things, please stop at one of the larger stores, rather than the small local convenient stores. It keeps the small stores able to supply their regular customers, and keeps the rumors and security hassles down.

      FOOD

      We'll supply food for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday, and main dish supper on Friday and Saturday. Please bring pot-luck offerings for the feasts. It need not be prepared unless it is baked. Items such as fresh fruits and veggies, cheese, sour cream, honey, breakfast meats, breads, desserts, and salad items are very much welcomed by our kitchen witch. Please drop these off at the kitchen as soon as possible after arriving, so our Kitchen Witch and helpers can begin working their magic! Having enough for everyone is dependent on everyone bringing something for the kitchen, so please help us have a bountiful feast!

      COST
      $10 per child* 12-16 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of volunteer service)
      if paid and postmarked before August 5, 2005.

      $15 per person* over 16 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of volunteer service)
      if paid and postmarked before August 5, 2005.
      $25 per person* after August 5, 2005 and at the door (plus your feast contribution and

      2 hours of volunteer service).

      *Children under 12 are free. A legal guardian must accompany anyone under 18. If not a custodial parent, the guardian must be responsible for the minor, and have a written permission statement from the parent, which must be presented at registration immediately upon arrival.
      *Work-scholarships (in which the registration fee is waived in return for a number of extra work shifts) are available for those for whom finances are an issue. Contact the Registration Coordinator to make arrangements.

      RULES TO LIVE BY

      Treat each other with respect, and respect all paths. Take care of those you come with, and respect the land, by leaving your campsite cleaner than you found it. Most of all, HAVE FUN!

      No illegal drugs, firearms, drunken behavior, bad attitudes, or violence or other inappropriate behaviors will be condoned on the site. We DO enforce the no drugs rule, and the security team has active duty law enforcement officers serving among them, so don't bring them!

      No pets. Service dogs only will be permitted at the gathering site. All other pets will be refused at the gate, so please do not bring them.

      Please bring: positive attitudes, appropriate gear, and food for the potluck contribution! Please note: We are working very hard to keep our prices low, despite rising costs for sites, food, and fuel. If you can add something, even a dollar or two, to your registration, it may help someone else be able to attend. Community service: Each participant is asked to contribute two hours of community service during the gathering. It is basically just a little of the background work that lets a gathering happen, and may include helping out with registration, food preparation, heralding workshops or rituals, helping with the site, or cleanup. It's fun, and a great way to get to know folks better!

      Merchants: This is a small gathering with limited space.For more information concerning merchanting at this gathering, please contact the merchant coordinator as soon as possible!.

      An email confirming your registration and giving directions to the site will be sent about a week before the gathering if we have received your completed pre-registration form and your payment.

      For swifter check-in onsite, please register online at http://www.serpentstone.org/gatherings/preregistrationform4.html

      Registration Form
      LAMMAS 2005

      Name:____________________________________________________

      Craft name (if any): _____________________________________

      Address: _________________________________________________

      City:___________________________ State: _______ Zip: ________

      Email Address: _______________________________________________
      (for confirmation email to be sent out about a week before the gathering)

      Telephone ( _____ ) ______________________

      Birthdate__________________

      # of Adults and Children over 12: _____

      Vegetarian: ___ Omnivore: ____

      Child under 18: ___ 12: ____ Responsible Adult: _____________________

      Onsite Contact (mundane name, please): ____________________________

      Personal Information remains strictly confidential!

      Please complete the Registration Form and return it with check or money order made out to SerpentStone, to:
      SerpentStone

      PO Box 9296
      Knoxville, TN 37940