SerpentStone 2011 Tennessee Beltane Gathering May 6-8, 2011 Splendor Hollow

  • Astarte
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2011
      SerpentStone

      2011 Tennessee Beltane Gathering

      May 6-8, 2011

      At Splendor Hollow (Sevierville, TN)

      LET YOURSELF FLY!

      beltane avesbury.jpg

      Come! Wander the paths of Avesbury , daring the mysteries of Beltane night, as the Stones themselves sound the lost chords. Giggle your way through the magickal realms of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the Mirthful ritual.

      Join us for the Beltane contests â€" Decorate your campsite for our Quidditch World Cup Tent contest, or your bodies for the Renaissance Painting contest. Enjoy the challenges of the T-Party (and wear your best lingerie â€" or someone else’s) for it.

      The Magick is Alive â€" Dance With It!

      tmnt.jpg

      FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

      email the appropriate person at:
      Gathering Coordinator â€"at gatheringcoordinator@...
      Registration Coordinator â€"at registration@...
      Merchant Coordinator â€"at merchanting@...
      Workshop Coordinator â€"at workshops@...

      Kitchen Witch â€"at kitchenwitch@...

      Children’s Activities â€"at childrensactivities@...

      or contact us at SerpentStone, PO Box 652, Candler, NC 28715 Phone: (828) 665-4049

      PRACTICAL MATTERS

      PLEASE BRING: tent, sleeping bags, blankets, rain gear and clothing for both warm and cold weather, flashlight, snack foods, ritual gear, drums, and other musical instruments. Plan for a wide temperature range, even at this time of the year, but tending toward the cold side. Remember your feast gear and eating utensils (Styrofoam and other feast gear is no longer supplied!).

      If you need to buy things before or during the gathering, please stop at one of the larger stores in town, rather than the small local convenience stores. It keeps the small stores able to supply their regular customers, and keeps the rumors and security hassles down.

      FOOD

      NOTE NEW MEAL POLICY: We will provide a soup Friday night and only supper on Saturday. Any breakfast offerings (ready to serve only) contributed will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please bring pot-luck offerings for the feasts. It need not be prepared unless it is baked. Items such as fresh fruits and veggies, cheese, sour cream, honey, breakfast meats, breads, desserts, and salad items are very much welcomed by our kitchen witch. Please drop these off at the kitchen as soon as possible after arriving, so our Kitchen Witch and helpers can begin working their magic! Having enough for everyone is dependent on everyone bringing something for the kitchen, so please help us have a bountiful feast!

      COST

      $10 per child* 12-16 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of volunteer service) if paid and postmarked before April 29, 2011

      $20 per person* over 16 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of volunteer service) if paid and postmarked before April 29, 2011

      $30 per person* after April 29, 2011 and at the door (plus your feast contribution and

      2 hours of volunteer service).

      Daytrip rate $15 at the door.

      NEW FAMILY RATE: (This includes up to 2 adults, and children under 18 living in the house)

      Prepaid registration before April 29, 2011 - $50. At the gate - $70 (plus your feast contribution and 2 hours of volunteer service).

      *Children under 12 are free. A legal guardian must accompany anyone under 18. If not a custodial parent, the guardian must be responsible for the minor, and have a written permission statement from the parent, which must be presented at registration immediately upon arrival.

      http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:2A08SXWsv6wvRM%3Ahttp://data.getafreelancer.com/project/321096/butterfly.jpg

      RULES TO LIVE BY

      Treat each other with respect, and respect all paths. Take care of those you come with, and respect the land, by leaving your campsite cleaner than you found it. Most of all, HAVE FUN!

      No illegal drugs, firearms, drunken behavior, bad attitudes, violence or other inappropriate behaviors will be condoned on the site. We DO enforce the no drugs rule, and the security team has active duty law enforcement officers serving among them, so don't bring them!

      No pets. Service dogs only will be permitted at the gathering site. All other pets will be refused at the gate, so please do not bring them.

      Please bring: positive attitudes, appropriate gear, and food for the potluck contribution! Please note: We are working very hard to keep our prices low, despite rising costs for sites, food, and fuel. If you can add something, even a dollar or two, to your registration, it may help someone else be able to attend. Community service: Each participant needs to contribute two hours of community service during the gathering. It is basically just a little of the background work that lets a gathering happen, and may include helping out with registration, food preparation, heralding workshops or rituals, helping with the site, or cleanup. It's fun, and a great way to get to know folks better!

      An email confirming your registration and giving directions to the site will be sent about a week before the gathering if we have received your completed pre-registration form and your payment.

      For swifter check-in onsite, please register online at http://www.serpentstone.org/prereg.php

      maypole dance.jpg