Hyatt

  • whtbearfan
    Message 1 of 28 , Oct 2, 2012
      Well they are saying the Hyatt is sold out. Putting ins all that information before you get to the make reservations button really sucks. Now we don't have a room.
    • Teleri
      Message 2 of 28 , Oct 2, 2012
        I hear your pain - I too was on the computer, w/room form, at 10 am exactly.  Those rooms sold out in the time it took to fill out a 4 people room form.  I'm hoping the Marriott will be better.
        BB
        Teleri

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 28 , Oct 2, 2012
          Well I think the problem here is that the Mariott wasn't opened up before the Hyatt like last year. Plus the no deposit until June was a big plus too. The Mariott is requiring a non-refundable deposit of the first night when the reservations are made.

          What I am hoping is that some folks that got reservations at the Hyatt really want rooms at the Mariott but wanted to make sure they had a room. They will attempt to get a room at the Mariott they really want and then will help out those that didn't get in the Hyatt that really want to be there by transferring the Hyatt room reservation. Or those that did get multiple room rooms at the Hyatt will release the ones they don't need once all the hotel reservations have been opened.

          With the wife part of the volunteer staff and me in the art show, we really need to be in the Hyatt. We did the away hotel for years and it got harder and harder each year. Especially if you have to man a desk at 4 a.m. like the wife did a few times.

          Will keep my fingers crossed.

          Bryan

          P.S. If anyone did get through and got an extra room they know they will not need, please contact me. Thanks!!!

          --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Teleri <teleriferchnyfain@...> wrote:

          > I hear your pain - I too was on the computer, w/room form, at 10 am exactly.  Those rooms sold out in the time it took to fill out a 4 people room form.  I'm hoping the Marriott will be better.
          > BB
          > Teleri
          >

          > ________________________________

        • T Bird
          Message 4 of 28 , Oct 2, 2012
            I believe the Hyatt also adds more rooms into the block down the line, and cancellations go back  into the room block.You know, good customer service and such.

            "This is either the start of something bad or the end of something stupid"

            Message 5 of 28 , Oct 2, 2012
              Yeah, just because you didn't get a room today, doesn't mean you won't down
              the road.

              They are making it more difficult... especially with the non-refundable
              deposit. It's not like any of the host hotesl are going ot have extra rooms
              sitting empty that weekend...

              On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:32 PM, T Bird <tbird2ooc@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > I believe the Hyatt also adds more rooms into the block down the line, and
              > cancellations go back into the room block.You know, good customer service
              > and such.
              >
              > "This is either the start of something bad or the end of something stupid"

              zee

              I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of
              control and at times, hard to handle.But if you can't handle me at my
              worst, you absolutely don't deserve me at my best!

            • Ish Var Lan
              Message 6 of 28 , Oct 2, 2012
                "Whole Hotel"???

                Oh, Awesome

                It would seem the Con has certainly grown enough to warrant it
                "とびきりなアイテムばかりだゼ!
                なにをかうんだい?"
              • Melissa S
                Message 7 of 28 , Oct 3, 2012
                  Same thing with me...was online on the dot, by the time I finished filling out the form 3 minutes later, they were all sold out.

                  Almost wish they'd turn it over to something like Ticketmaster...at least they hold the tickets when you select the type you want, and don't yank them out from under you when you have to stop and type stuff in!

                  --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Teleri <teleriferchnyfain@...> wrote:

                  > I hear your pain - I too was on the computer, w/room form, at 10 am exactly.  Those rooms sold out in the time it took to fill out a 4 people room form.  I'm hoping the Marriott will be better.
                  > BB
                  > Teleri
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Sparr
                  Message 8 of 28 , Oct 3, 2012
                    Why is "who can click faster" a better criterion than "who can type
                    faster"?
                    On Oct 3, 2012 9:02 AM, "Melissa S" <meowwl@...> wrote:

                    > Same thing with me...was online on the dot, by the time I finished filling
                    > out the form 3 minutes later, they were all sold out.
                    >
                    > Almost wish they'd turn it over to something like Ticketmaster...at least
                    > they hold the tickets when you select the type you want, and don't yank
                    > them out from under you when you have to stop and type stuff in!
                    >
                    > --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Teleri <teleriferchnyfain@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I hear your pain - I too was on the computer, w/room form, at 10 am
                    > exactly. Those rooms sold out in the time it took to fill out a 4 people
                    > room form. I'm hoping the Marriott will be better.
                    > > BB
                    > > Teleri
                    > >

                    > > ________________________________

                  • Teleri
                    Message 9 of 28 , Oct 3, 2012
                      Well, YEAH!  Because if the ticketmaster criterion held I'd have gotten my room...

                      ________________________________
                      On Oct 3, 2012 9:02 AM, "Melissa S" <mailto:meowwl%40yahoo.com> wrote:

                      > Same thing with me...was online on the dot, by the time I finished filling
                      > out the form 3 minutes later, they were all sold out.
                      >
                      > Almost wish they'd turn it over to something like Ticketmaster...at least
                      > they hold the tickets when you select the type you want, and don't yank
                      > them out from under you when you have to stop and type stuff in!
                      >
                      > --- In mailto:DragonCon%40yahoogroups.com, Teleri <teleriferchnyfain@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I hear your pain - I too was on the computer, w/room form, at 10 am
                      > exactly. Those rooms sold out in the time it took to fill out a 4 people
                      > room form. I'm hoping the Marriott will be better.
                      > > BB
                      > > Teleri
                      > >

                      > > ________________________________

                    • Melissa S
                      Message 10 of 28 , Oct 4, 2012
                        Not particularly...Ticketmaster's system is equipped to handle several thousand people (they handle KC Rockfest, an event that sells out at 55,000) trying to get tickets for an event. They also hold the tickets when you select the type, for 30 minutes. This gives you time to locate and type your information in. If you don't complete the process, the tickets go right back into the pool for the next guy. They don't make you fill out all the godsforsaken info, including your payment info, and then yank the reservation out from under you at the last step!

                        Either way, ANYTHING would be better than frakking Passkey at this point!

                        --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Sparr <sparr0@...> wrote:

                        > Why is "who can click faster" a better criterion than "who can type
                        > faster"?
                        > On Oct 3, 2012 9:02 AM, "Melissa S" <meowwl@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Same thing with me...was online on the dot, by the time I finished filling
                        > > out the form 3 minutes later, they were all sold out.
                        > >
                        > > Almost wish they'd turn it over to something like Ticketmaster...at least
                        > > they hold the tickets when you select the type you want, and don't yank
                        > > them out from under you when you have to stop and type stuff in!
                        > >
                        > > --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Teleri <teleriferchnyfain@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > I hear your pain - I too was on the computer, w/room form, at 10 am
                        > > exactly. Those rooms sold out in the time it took to fill out a 4 people
                        > > room form. I'm hoping the Marriott will be better.
                        > > > BB
                        > > > Teleri

                      • whtbearfan
                        Message 11 of 28 , Oct 9, 2012
                          Passkey sucks because, as most of us are, as a Gold Passport member all of our info is saved on the Hyatt system and all you have to do is put in your number, name, address, and sometimes your CC info is all there. then you click room, and make reservations. It is just frustrating.

                          Bryan