Sorry Guys

  • Chuck
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2012
      I had planned to come to DragonCon but my body decided that my diseases
      needed to act up.
      Hope all are enjoying themselves. Maybe next year for me.
      One hopes.
      Chuck aka Redbeard

    • Ish Var Lan
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2012
        Sorry Beard, made it to Con .. Barely

        Next Year allot of us 'need' to make it
        It was the Year of Rebirth .............. 07-03-2012

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 2, 2012
          This is my 3rd year in a row to miss... thanks to the crappy economy.

          On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Chuck <antarisky@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I had planned to come to DragonCon but my body decided that my diseases
          > needed to act up.
          > Hope all are enjoying themselves. Maybe next year for me.
          > One hopes.
          > Chuck aka Redbeard

          zee

          I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of
          control and at times, hard to handle.But if you can't handle me at my
          worst, you absolutely don't deserve me at my best!

        • Job Seeker
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2, 2012
            It has been three years for me too.  The last time I went I remember doing the Thriller video with a whole bunch of peeps.  I sure miss not going.

            ________________________________
            This is my 3rd year in a row to miss... thanks to the crappy economy.

            On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM, Chuck <antarisky@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I had planned to come to DragonCon but my body decided that my diseases
            > needed to act up.
            > Hope all are enjoying themselves. Maybe next year for me.
            > One hopes.
            > Chuck aka Redbeard

            zee

            I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of
            control and at times, hard to handle.But if you can't handle me at my
            worst, you absolutely don't deserve me at my best!

          • Kathy Main
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2012
              Mine too. I about cried watching the panels on youtube of my favorite actor and others from LOTR. I am hoping for next year too. Kathy

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2012
                Yeah, but you got to see him a few weeks back and even gave him a FIG LEAF
                to cover the family jewels...

                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 3, 2012
                  Yes, I did! And that has kept me from being too depressed about missing DC. And it was totally worth it.

                  ________________________________
                  Yeah, but you got to see him a few weeks back and even gave him a FIG LEAF
                  to cover the family jewels...

                  On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM, Kathy Main <arnor3@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > Mine too. I about cried watching the panels on youtube of my favorite
                  > actor and others from LOTR. I am hoping for next year too. Kathy
                  >
                  > ________________________________

                • Melissa S
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 5, 2012
                    I may be on what's going to amount to a ramen and luna bar diet for the next few months, after the fiasco this year. Long story short, was supposed to have roomshare in the marriott. wednesday to tuesday...The guy whose name was on the reservation failed to show up...Roomate and I were left couch camping until dawn...All the while he was sending me messages that basically said to just hold on and wait. He got in a wreck Weednesday, minor, but truck broken...He was picking up another one and would be there in a couple of hours. No show..Got another message, a day later. " I'm in the Hyatt, heading to Marriott." Well, two hours later, no guy, and no communication. I suspect the hotel cancelled the res, because he didn't get there in time on wednesday..... If he'd levelled with me, I could have gotten a room for all the days I wanted. We ended up in the airport Doubletree.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 5, 2012
                      Oy

                      Communication is Key

                      That said, We'd swear "phones are new technology" for some people, case in point the Plumber just showed up, unscheduled, to check something

                      Back to D*C

                      Sorry for your troubles

                      Our original roomshare was a 3 way split, guy #3 backed out due to Crap Tornadoes, then Ish backed out, due to similar CTs

                      So guy #1 got stuck with full bill

                      *sigh*

                      BUT, as soon as we were "sure" each guy let the others know what was going on *looking forward to shaking their hands for being Adults*

                      Have No? problem with "something coming up" but for the love of Zod PLEASE take .5 minutes and say "I can't make it" or "the Zombies are after me" or something