New Years Reolutions

  • Donald Applegarth
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
      A few years ago I Resolved to never make another resolution. So far
      it has been the only New Years Resolution that I have ever kept.
      Stop smoking? Nope it aint gonna happen!
      Loose weight? Fat chance, for the fat guy.
      Stop drinking? Why? Did we run out of booze?
      Be nicer to other people? I don't even like most people.
      The list goes on and on of all the resolutions that I have made.
      The promise of a new year seemed to be the perfect time to work on
      the little imperfections.
      However as soon as the clock strikes midnight, the first thing I do,
      after turning up my glass to toast the bright and shining future,
      Full of the newly resolved and improved me, is to try and find out
      which one of you bastards stole my cigarette lighter.
      I need a Smoke after eating all of that FOOD.
      So Finally I gave up on the whole idea, and I have been much happier
      ever since
      So here is to one more stress free and non resolved new year.
      ~Don~
    • Achbar Ibn Ali
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
        On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 14:23:56 -0000, you wrote:

        > A few years ago I Resolved to never make another resolution. So far
        >it has been the only New Years Resolution that I have ever kept.
        > Stop smoking? Nope it aint gonna happen!
        > So Finally I gave up on the whole idea, and I have been much happier
        >ever since
        > So here is to one more stress free and non resolved new year.
        >~Don~

        This was a pretty interesting post to have read. My GF asked me
        last night if I was going to make any New Year's resolutions. I do
        them well. I promised myself to lose weight. I never do it, I am
        old and fat. My problem is that I enjoy eating way too much.

        Achbar
      • Linda
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
          --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Achbar Ibn Ali <achbar@...> wrote:

          > On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 14:23:56 -0000, you wrote:
          >
          > > A few years ago I Resolved to never make another resolution. So
          far
          > >it has been the only New Years Resolution that I have ever kept.
          > > Stop smoking? Nope it aint gonna happen!
          > > So Finally I gave up on the whole idea, and I have been much
          happier
          > >ever since
          > > So here is to one more stress free and non resolved new year.
          > >~Don~
          >

          > This was a pretty interesting post to have read. My GF asked me
          > last night if I was going to make any New Year's resolutions. I do
          > them well. I promised myself to lose weight. I never do it, I am
          > old and fat. My problem is that I enjoy eating way too much.
          >

          > Achbar

          AMEN, Brother, AMEN!!!

          You are so right, I love eating so why should I stop?? ;-)

          Linda
        • Patrick Power
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2009
            I WILL lose weight. I really enjoy eating too, but am going to find a way to enjoy eating differently. Plus, exercise. And quit smoking. We are moving into a brand spanking new building at work, and it will be completely smoke free, so that will help with the last one.

            Patrick Power