Re: [DragonCon] helpless movies/LoTR

  • Patrick Power
    Message 1 of 78 , Aug 1, 2008
      You know, in MY mind she was always a drider, too, but in both Jackson's version and the animated version from Rankin & Bass, she was a giant spider. And I just now heard the term drider. From you. LOL

      Patrick Power

      --- On Thu, 7/31/08, Desiree Forster <ladydistraction2316@...> wrote:

      > From: Desiree Forster <ladydistraction2316@...>

      > Speaking of changing things or not changing things...
      > Shelob... I find it interesting that she's one of the
      > few things that tolkein never really describes very well. I
      > mean, he's notoriously long winded, and describes
      > EVERYTHING... but not her? I wonder why that was...
      >
      > I mention it, because of Jackson's choice of using a
      > giant spider... the people I've talked to seem split-
      > some thought of her as that, but others, like me, thought of
      > her as a drider (think centaur, but with a spider body
      > instead of a horses, for those unfamiliar with the term
      > drider)... and this was BEFORE I knew what a drider was...
      >
      > Just a random thought. :)
      >
      > -Lady D.

    • Donald Applegarth
      Message 78 of 78 , Aug 4, 2008
        That was my point. if you were a fan you did not need to drag out Dr. Sung from TNG. You didn't need the Klingon look explained. to the ST fans it was explained perfectly in DS9 when warf said. " That is something that is only talked about with other Klingons " Fans got the joke nothing else ever needed to be said. if you were not a fan you were unaware of the altered appearance of the Klingons so it just didn't matter. the entire two part episode was a waste of time and only proved how desperate they were to try and use the sucsessful TNG and DS9 to try and save themselves, instead of making original storylines that were respectful and entertaining.
        ~Don~