the scifidimensions podcast

  • John C. Snider
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hello!

      I wanted to let you know about the new scifidimensions podcast, which
      focuses on interviews with authors and other creative persons in the
      genre.

      In podcast #1, we talk to J.C. Hutchins, author of the 7th Son
      trilogy, the most successful podiobooks in the short history of
      podcasting.

      In podcast #2, we talk to Justin Welborn, one of the stars of the new
      sci-fi-horror film The Signal. The Signal was shot in Atlanta and is
      distributed nationwide by Magnolia Pictures. If you haven't seen The
      Signal, I recommend it very highly.

      http://www.scifidimensions.com/podcast/

      You can subscribe to the scifidimensions podcast via iTunes by
      visiting the iTunes Store and searching for "scifidimensions", or by
      using this link:
      http://tinyurl.com/3bgh4k

      Thanks!
      John C. Snider, Editor
      www.scifidimensions.com
    • Sam
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
        Is anybody else getting that weird feeling in their stomach as the
        guest list starts showing folks you really want to see? Steven
        Hickman, my absolute favorite artist is on it this year! I will get
        to add to my collection! And get his autograph. <joy>

        I guess it is the Dragon*Con butterflies. I'm 51 years old and the
        list still gives me butterflies.

        Sam (the grrl)

        If at the bottom of everything there were only a wild ferment, a
        power that - twisting in dark passions - produced everything great or
        inconsequential; if an unfathomable, insatiable emptiness lay hid
        beneath everything, what would life be but despair?
        - Søren Kierkegaard

        On Mar 1, 2008, at 9:20 PM, John C. Snider wrote:

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
          --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Sam <chatoyant@...> wrote:

          > Is anybody else getting that weird feeling in their stomach as the
          > guest list starts showing folks you really want to see? Steven
          > Hickman, my absolute favorite artist is on it this year! I will get
          > to add to my collection! And get his autograph. <joy>
          >
          > I guess it is the Dragon*Con butterflies. I'm 51 years old and the
          > list still gives me butterflies.

          Nope it's most certaily That Time of Year! Between the recent
          additions to the list, the beginnings of the plans for this year's
          parties, and the Halfway party we had last week, September can't come
          quickly enough. True, most of the guests announced thus far are
          returning alums, but that just means they'll be all the more in the
          spirit of the thing.

          Also, holy gods, this means I'm now half a year behind on costuming
          for '08! Scurry! Prepare! Excite! Etc! *grin*

          ][
        • Linda
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 2, 2008
            Hell, I got you beat Sam! I'm 52 and I still get the butterflies!!

            Linda

            --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Sam <chatoyant@...> wrote:

            > Is anybody else getting that weird feeling in their stomach as the
            > guest list starts showing folks you really want to see? Steven
            > Hickman, my absolute favorite artist is on it this year! I will
            get
            > to add to my collection! And get his autograph. <joy>
            >
            > I guess it is the Dragon*Con butterflies. I'm 51 years old and the
            > list still gives me butterflies.
            >

            > Sam (the grrl)
            >
            > If at the bottom of everything there were only a wild ferment, a
            > power that - twisting in dark passions - produced everything great
            or
            > inconsequential; if an unfathomable, insatiable emptiness lay hid
            > beneath everything, what would life be but despair?
            > - Søren Kierkegaard
            >

            > On Mar 1, 2008, at 9:20 PM, John C. Snider wrote:
            >
            > Hello!
            >
            > I wanted to let you know about the new scifidimensions podcast,
            which
            > focuses on interviews with authors and other creative persons in the
            > genre.
            >
            > In podcast #1, we talk to J.C. Hutchins, author of the 7th Son
            > trilogy, the most successful podiobooks in the short history of
            > podcasting.
            >
            > In podcast #2, we talk to Justin Welborn, one of the stars of the
            new
            > sci-fi-horror film The Signal. The Signal was shot in Atlanta and is
            > distributed nationwide by Magnolia Pictures. If you haven't seen The
            > Signal, I recommend it very highly.
            >
            > http://www.scifidimensions.com/podcast/
            >
            > You can subscribe to the scifidimensions podcast via iTunes by
            > visiting the iTunes Store and searching for "scifidimensions", or by
            > using this link:
            > http://tinyurl.com/3bgh4k
            >
            > Thanks!
            > John C. Snider, Editor
            > www.scifidimensions.com
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • zeede vessel
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
              I had a major asthma hacking attack while standing between John Noble and Bruce Hopkins. It was definitely NOT the highlight of my life....

              --
              zee

              Old Farmer's Advice: Never back anything in a corner that you know is meaner than you.

              http://www.cafepress.com/proudzee

              Support Operation Gathering. Bruce hugs and Craig snoggies all around!

              www.operationgathering.org
            • Melissa
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
                --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Linda" <fulltimer56@...> wrote:
                I got that feeling when I took a look at the website, and saw that
                Anne Mccaffrey is on the guest list this year! I totally went
                "SQUEEEE!!!" in the middle of the living room. Now I'm just crossing
                my fingers...

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
                  I hear you, Melissa!! I hope she is in good health this year. That
                  was the reason she wasn't able to come last year!

                  That's three of my favorite authors to date:

                  Anne McCaffrey
                  Sherrilyn Kenyon
                  Laurell K. Hamilton

                  It just gets better and better by the day!! I can hardly wait!!

                  Of course if they could get Richard and Wendy Pini I would be doing
                  the "HAPPY" dance for sure!!!

                  Linda

                  --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa" <meowwl@...> wrote:

                  > --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Linda" <fulltimer56@> wrote:
                  > I got that feeling when I took a look at the website, and saw that
                  > Anne Mccaffrey is on the guest list this year! I totally went
                  > "SQUEEEE!!!" in the middle of the living room. Now I'm just crossing
                  > my fingers...
                  >

                  > > Hell, I got you beat Sam! I'm 52 and I still get the
                  butterflies!!

                  > > Linda
                • zeede vessel
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
                    I didn't see Sherrilyn Kenyon last year and I've heard NOTHIGN but good things about her panel. I might try her this year.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
                      zeede,

                      She does a great job with her panels. I have seen her at the last
                      three Dragon Cons I went to, plus I took my sister (and her dog) to
                      see her at the Georgia Romance Writers Moonlight & Magnolias
                      Conference in 2006. Had a great time there too. You need to try and
                      see her if you can.

                      Linda

                      --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "zeede vessel"
                      <zeedrippyvessel2@...> wrote:

                      > I didn't see Sherrilyn Kenyon last year and I've heard NOTHIGN but
                      good
                      > things about her panel. I might try her this year.
                      >
                      > On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 4:43 PM, Linda <fulltimer56@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I hear you, Melissa!! I hope she is in good health this year.
                      That
                      > > was the reason she wasn't able to come last year!
                      > >
                      > > That's three of my favorite authors to date:
                      > >
                      > > Anne McCaffrey
                      > > Sherrilyn Kenyon
                      > > Laurell K. Hamilton
                      > >
                      > > It just gets better and better by the day!! I can hardly wait!!
                      > >
                      > > Of course if they could get Richard and Wendy Pini I would be
                      doing
                      > > the "HAPPY" dance for sure!!!
                      > >
                      > > Linda
                      > >
                      > > --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com <DragonCon%
                      40yahoogroups.com>, "Melissa"
                      > > <meowwl@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com <DragonCon%
                      40yahoogroups.com>, "Linda"
                      > > <fulltimer56@> wrote:
                      > > > I got that feeling when I took a look at the website, and saw
                      that
                      > > > Anne Mccaffrey is on the guest list this year! I totally went
                      > > > "SQUEEEE!!!" in the middle of the living room. Now I'm just
                      crossing
                      > > > my fingers...

                      > > butterflies!!

                      > --
                      > zee
                      >
                      > Old Farmer's Advice: Never back anything in a corner that you know
                      is meaner
                      > than you.
                      >
                      > http://www.cafepress.com/proudzee
                      >
                      > Support Operation Gathering. Bruce hugs and Craig snoggies all
                      around!

                      > www.operationgathering.org

                    • Heather Mullaney
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 5, 2008
                        I can't wait to see her!  I LOVE her books.  I just messaged her because I saw some of her book artwork on DeviantArt and it looked like someone was claiming it for themselves.  It was hard to tell because it is mostly in Spanish.  She just told me it is her artist's website.  Whew!  Feel much better now!  LOL!
                        Mîl a galad, mellon nín.
                        Heather Mullaney
                        My art site -  http://hlmullaney.com/ - http://acheronchick.blogspot.com/
                        Please help support http://www.operationgathering.org/
                        My Facebook - http://profile.to/HLMullaney/
                        "Permit me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket." Captain Jack Sparrow