Re: [DragonCon] Cool Costumes was Questionaire...

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 86 , Aug 1, 2007
      Yes, the Pan Pipes guy was awesome! I could listen to him for hours. I had always hoped he would meet up with Paul Mercer, violinist form the Changelings and play duets for us!

      Someone else wrote that the Helletubbie smoked large cigars. I'm sad to know it wasn't just an evil spirit that I got in the photograph. Instead it was Demon Cigar smoke!

      Sam

      On Jul 31, 2007, at 8:52 PM, rattkitten wrote:

      Just as an FYI... The gentleman in question referred to himself as a "Helletubbie".   Which I thought simply cinched the whole idea and Costume!!!!! I think he won something with that outfit.

      Speaking of cool outfits and how the owners have disappeared... what ever happened to Deveral?  (Pan for those who don't know the name.) ((Used to play 2 recorders at once in the outfit... as well as playing the Pan Pipes))  Man I MISS HIM!!!!

      Ratboy

      Sam wrote:

      I don't know if it was the same costume, but a few years back there
      was a black Teletubbie with a pentagram which is supposed to be a
      satanic symbol, so I thought of him as the Satanic Teletubbie. If it
      had been a pentacle (with the star pointing up) I would have thought
      of it as Pagan, but regardless, I took a photo of him in the dealer's
      room and after we developed the film it showed a wreath of mist
      around his head and body! It couldn't have been smoke as we were in
      the middle of the hall (I think it was in the Fashion Mart?!?)
      definitely no smoking. But it was like he was possessed. Well, I
      thought that was funny.

      I think he had a goatee, too. Really funny costume!

      Sam

    • thinman10
      Message 86 of 86 , Aug 20, 2007
        1. Favorite alias: Gray Banner aka Jerry-boy aka Jack

        2. Hotel you're staying in: Amerisuites

        3. What days will you be there: Thursday-thru-Monday

        4. Best Room snack item\s: Doritos, Nutter Butters and Coca-Cola

        5. Most number of people you've shared a con room with? 7

        6. Are you a con virgin? (Never been to any Sci Fi con) No, I'm not

        7. If you answered no to number 6, Is this your first time at
        Dragoncon or how many years have you been going to DC? This is my
        ninth D*C.

        If you answered more than 1 to question 7:
        7a. Have you ever left Dragoncon with more than $20 left? Yep!
        7a1. If you answered yes to 7a, what happened there? Masterful
        budgeting!
        7b. During the 4 days of Dragoncon have you gotten more than 20 hours
        of sleep? Yes

        8. What other cons have you enjoyed? Motor City Comic Con, BabelCon,
        ConClave

        9. Percentage of flesh exposed by your most revealing costume (100%
        = latex body paint, 0% = Storm trooper): Not a costumer

        9a. If your answer to 9 was 50% or greater could you please tell us
        what to be on the lookout for??

        10. Favorite Hall Costume (any con, any year - you can pick more than
        one)? Optimus Prime, Shrek, Sully, Lara Croft, Supergirl

        11. Costume you'd most like to wear: N/A

        12. Are you a gamer? No, not really
        12a. What's your favorite game?

        13. Sorry 13 is an unlucky number; therefore, this space has been
        pre-empted.

        14. Science Fiction/Fantasy celeb, you'd like to have dinner with?
        Harlan Ellison, but also Jodie Foster (counts cause she was in
        CONTACT)

        15. Thing you'd most like to see stay the same at the Con? ARTC
        (preferably two shows again)

        16. Thing you'd most like to see changed at Dragoncon? Give me my
        elbow room back. PLEASE! I love D*C but, man, I'm practically
        crippled by the time I leave. Remember the overcrowded planet in the
        classic STAR TREK ep "The Mark of Gideon"?? - that's DRAGON*CON now.

        17. Favorite book or comic series: The novel REPLAY by the late,
        great Ken Grimwood

        18. What is your favorite Sci Fi TV show? Now it's the new BATTLESTAR
        GALACTICA, but my all-time fave is the original STAR TREK.

        19. Favorite Con Musical group? Emerald Rose

        20. Favorite Programming Track: TrekTrak
        20a. Are you on Staff? No

        21. Klingons, Storm Troopers, Browncoats, Scapers, Elves or what?
        Browncoats

        22. Current favorite special effects movie extravaganza: TRANSFORMERS

        23. Favorite Con Activity? Snapping pics of beautiful women and not
        getting slapped. :-) Though I do always ask politely first.

        24. Con guest you're most excited about meeting\seeing: Gordon
        Michael Woolvett

        25. Thing you're looking forward to the most at Dragoncon 2007?
        EVERYTHING!!

        26. (for bonus points, like anyone's really gonna be scoring this
        anyways) Best Con memory: (come on tell us a story!) Meeting the late
        Richard Biggs - I was checking my email at one of those pay stations
        they used to have in one of the hotels. There was only one working,
        which I was using. I noticed someone walking up and it was Mr. Biggs.
        I was about to give up the rest of my time to let him use the station
        (he was in a hurry before having to go to a panel). He said no and to
        finish, he would wait, but while not going into the rest of our brief
        exchange, it was the most real-person human interchange I have ever
        had with a celebrity. He was just another guy like anyone and I'll
        always cherish that memory.