Thursday night

  • afn64864@afn.org
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 11, 2001
      I see that registration begins Thursday night. Is anything going on then to make it worth while to show up a day early?
      Also can anyone recommend a good bar in the area? The hotel is very expensive. I've found Max Lauger, its the best so far.
    • darkhost@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 12, 2001
        I'm flying in on Thursday. But then I always come in a day early to hang
        with a friend of mine. Between that and being able to get registration out
        of the way makes it worth while for me.

        Hmmmm...I never thought of the hotel bar as being all that expensive. But
        then I'm use to getting knocked $10 to $12 for a martini on the (Vegas) Strip.

        Where is Max Lauger?

        Regards...

        At 02:49 AM 8/12/01 +0000, you wrote:
        > I see that registration begins Thursday night. Is anything going on
        > then to make it worth while to show up a day early?
        > Also can anyone recommend a good bar in the area? The hotel is very
        > expensive. I've found Max Lauger, its the best so far.

      • Zack Adamson
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 21, 2003
          Ok, so what time are people going to start showing up at the bar in
          the Hyatt on Thursday night?

          Silverlock
        • Tombstone Frank
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 21, 2003
            I'll be ther sometime in the early afternoon, so after gear stowing and badge stuff, I'll be there around 1730 - 1800.

            Chris

            Zack Adamson <silverlock5@...> wrote:
            Ok, so what time are people going to start showing up at the bar in
            the Hyatt on Thursday night?

            Silverlock

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            I find I cannot rest peacefully in my grave while the ideals of injustice still haunt the world.

          • rabidchyld
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 21, 2003
              Same here, we'll be getting there around 5:30 or 6pm, probably...

              rabidchyld

              --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, Tombstone Frank
              <Tombstone_Frank@y...> wrote:
              > I'll be ther sometime in the early afternoon, so after gear
              stowing and badge stuff, I'll be there around 1730 - 1800.

              > Chris
              >
              > Zack Adamson <silverlock5@m...> wrote:
              > Ok, so what time are people going to start showing up at the bar
              in
              > the Hyatt on Thursday night?
              >

              > Silverlock
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

              > I find I cannot rest peacefully in my grave while the ideals of
              injustice still haunt the world.

            • Julie
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 21, 2003
                I'll be there as soon as I finish setting up my booths in the
                Exhibitor's Hall.

                Julie

                --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Zack Adamson" <silverlock5@m...>
                wrote:
                > Ok, so what time are people going to start showing up at the bar in
                > the Hyatt on Thursday night?
                >

                > Silverlock
              • Black Rose
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 21, 2003
                  Not sure when Me and guy will be there, 8 hour drive, and Guy isn't a
                  morning person. So whenever I can get his butt out of bed and into the car.
                  He won't let me drive either, not that I want to. I hate driving and he says
                  I drive to slow. Silly me, speed limit and all.

                  I would say some time in the late afternoon, evening. I have to get my
                  badge that night and meet up with Tribe people, to find out who is manning
                  what table and when.

                  Black Rose and Guy

                  > I'll be ther sometime in the early afternoon, so after gear stowing and
                  badge stuff, I'll be there around 1730 - 1800.

                  > Chris
                  >
                  > Zack Adamson <silverlock5@...> wrote:
                  > Ok, so what time are people going to start showing up at the bar in
                  > the Hyatt on Thursday night?
                  >

                  > Silverlock
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  > I find I cannot rest peacefully in my grave while the ideals of injustice
                  still haunt the world.

                • Zack Adamson
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 21, 2003
                    So it is looking like around 6 or 6:30 is a safe bet to find people
                    there.

                    Silverlock

                    --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <atairia@b...> wrote:
                    > I'll be there as soon as I finish setting up my booths in the
                    > Exhibitor's Hall.
                    >
                    > Julie
                    >

                    > --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Zack Adamson" <silverlock5@m...>
                    > wrote:
                    > > Ok, so what time are people going to start showing up at the bar
                    in
                    > > the Hyatt on Thursday night?
                    > >

                    > > Silverlock
                  • John Paul Stout
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 21, 2003
                      I'll be there, Kilted, as always, sometime Thursday in the 7-8 hour I
                      would imagine..

                      Gonna be one hell of a Convention this year.

                      John Paul Stout
                      So it is looking like around 6 or 6:30 is a safe bet to find people
                      there.

                      Silverlock

                      --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <atairia@b...> wrote:
                      > I'll be there as soon as I finish setting up my booths in the
                      > Exhibitor's Hall.
                      >
                      > Julie
                      >

                      > --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Zack Adamson" <silverlock5@m...>
                      > wrote:
                      > > Ok, so what time are people going to start showing up at the bar
                      in
                      > > the Hyatt on Thursday night?
                      > >

                      > > Silverlock

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
                      034827:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http:/www.ediets.com/start.cfm?co
                      de=30504&media=atkins> click here

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egrou
                      pmail/S=:HM/A=1663535/rand=659161751>

                    • bannergirl13
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 21, 2003
                        Jury still out on our arrival time... have to see about the extra
                        days off at school, and when I can lay my hands on my first check...
                        the official payday is the 29th, but there's no school that day, it's
                        been rumored, which would make it on the 28th... but no clue of when
                        I can get my mitts on it yet... sigh

                        May know something after the first meeting with the principal and
                        staff next Monday...

                        Jerri - waiting on others for her life... LOL
                      • jj self
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 22, 2003
                          oh, mentioning speed limits, the state troopers along 85 through the south
                          are setting up decoys ahead of construction zones with radars and walkie
                          talkies to those in patrol cars farther along. so be especially careful
                          through work zones

                        • cyn
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 22, 2003
                            Not sure if I'll make it to the bar Thursday night or not. I know
                            I'll be there Wed night and probably at some point Friday, but I've
                            got lots of folks to pick up on Thurs, so I may actually call it a
                            night a bit early so I'm awake come Friday morning!

                            Cyn
                            who can't believe DC is just about 4 weeks away!
                          • Flunky Bananabrain
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jul 23, 2004
                              Ok so I've gotten in touch with my roomie who says he's gonna be
                              arriving on Friday and I was wondering if anyone might have a bit of
                              space in their room on Thursday night (for those who are coming in
                              that night). Even if you've not got "bed" space, I'd really appreciate
                              just droping off my bag in your room, I did this last year and it just
                              made it a lot easier than tring to stash it behind the Charity Events
                              table for several hours (yeah I've done that too). So just e-mail me
                              off list and let me know.
                              Empooress

                              Oh yeah and I just heard from Simon I'll be on the Robotics track on
                              Saturday at 5:30pm.
                            • Zack Adamson
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 23, 2004
                                I will be there Thursday night if you need a space.

                                Silverlock

                                --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "Flunky Bananabrain"
                                <empooress@y...> wrote:
                                > Ok so I've gotten in touch with my roomie who says he's gonna be
                                > arriving on Friday and I was wondering if anyone might have a bit
                                of
                                > space in their room on Thursday night (for those who are coming in
                                > that night). Even if you've not got "bed" space, I'd really
                                appreciate
                                > just droping off my bag in your room, I did this last year and it
                                just
                                > made it a lot easier than tring to stash it behind the Charity
                                Events
                                > table for several hours (yeah I've done that too). So just e-mail
                                me
                                > off list and let me know.
                                > Empooress
                                >
                                > Oh yeah and I just heard from Simon I'll be on the Robotics track
                                on
                                > Saturday at 5:30pm.
                              • Achbar ibn Ali
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 23, 2004
                                  On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:46:44 -0000, you wrote:

                                  >I will be there Thursday night if you need a space.
                                  >
                                  >Silverlock
                                  Here is the deal. I just spoke to my boss today. I will have the
                                  friday off. Therefore, I can leave for DragonCon right after work.
                                  So....I may have to sleep in my van that Night...but......I am looking
                                  forward to it. Yes!

                                  Achbar
                                • savagevv_vv
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 28, 2004
                                    I'll be in Thurs. If you need a crash space just let me know. :)

                                    SaVaGe