Re: [DragonCon] Re:Heads up on gas prices...

  • rangerlyn@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Sep 1, 2005
      --- C High <yahoogroups@...> wrote:

      > Supply and demand.
      >
      > Around here (Midtown Atlanta) the lines were long
      > and the price was
      > $3.19/gal. This panic buying is probably going to
      > cause more problems
      > than the price. I've heard that some places are
      > already turning people
      > away. I'm glad I filled up two days ago.
      >
      > Buy your bread and milk now, folks. It's going to
      > snow.

      <wry chuckle> You hit the nail on the head, Clair!
      This current price gouging on gas and the run people
      are making to the stations is *exactly* like the
      hysteria that overcomes people when the media
      announces a chance of snow down here <sigh>

      I blame the media at least partially for this gas
      "crisis" - the rest of the blame I lay at the feet of
      the gas companies/stations. They *know* better, and
      they are still being asses. Yes, I understand that
      the pipelines are *temporarily* down, but we also get
      our fuel from other sources, too.

      Hang in there, folks.

      JL
      (NOT topping off her tank)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Jennifer Jones
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 1, 2005
        pissed. I actually needed gas yesterday so I had to sit in the horrendous
        lines. sucks.