NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS Saturday April 9th, 2005 at 5

  • crazyhistorian
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2005
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS Saturday April 9th, 2005 at 5
      p.m. sharp
      Please Join us, NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS for an informal early
      supper.

      We will again be meeting, this time for a really quick early supper.
      We will meet promptly at 5 p.m. Saturday April 9th, 2005 and depart
      promptly at
      6 p.m. so please be on time. The reason we will leave at 6 p.m. is
      that we will
      be going to the nearby SFABC monthly meeting which is a few minutes
      away by car.
      The SFABC is described in this post.

      Please Join us, NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS for an informal early
      supper in Montvale, New Jersey at the Manhattan Kosher Restaurant
      which is
      located at 26B Chestnut Ridge Road, Montvale, New Jersey telephone
      number:
      (201)307-8707 in the Chestnut Ridge
      Shopping Center. As always we never charge a fee for our events. Just
      pay for what you order plus tax and tip. Just ask the waiters or
      waitresses
      where the SCI-FI table(s) are/is. This is a non-smoking restaurant.
      Take the
      Garden State Parkway North to Exit 172 make a left at the light at
      the exit then
      make a left at the next light onto Chestnut Ridge Road then go about
      half a mile
      then make a right into the Chestnut Ridge Shopping Center on your
      right. IF YOU
      GET LOST PLEASE CALL THE RESTAURANT at (201)307-8707 Although this
      restaurant is
      called Manhattan restaurant it is definitely in New Jersey, not in
      New York. If
      you are coming from New York City take the George Washington Bridge
      to Route 80
      West to the Garden State Parkway North to Exit 172 make a left at
      the light at
      the exit then make a left at the next light onto Chestnut Ridge Road
      then go
      about half a mile then make a right into the Chestnut Ridge Shopping
      Center on
      your right, or take the Lincoln Tunnel to Route 3 West to the Garden
      State
      Parkway North to Exit 172 make a left at the light at the exit then
      make a left
      at the next light onto Chestnut Ridge
      Road then go about half a mile then make a right into the Chestnut
      Ridge Shopping Center on your right. (This is a Kosher restaurant
      under Orthodox supervision of ordained Yeshiva Torah V'daath Beth
      Medrash Elyon,
      Monsey, Rabbi Israel Steinberg (718) 232-4275 1823 53rd Street
      Brooklyn, NY,
      11204 whose Kosher certificates along with those from the State of
      New Jersey
      hang in the restaurant window. We provide the information as
      garnered from the
      restaurants we go to, concerning the Kashrut, or lack of same, at
      each
      restaurant. We are not affiliated with any of the restaurants.) This
      is a Kosher
      Jewish restaurant serving traditional Jewish American food. Although
      it is NOT a
      vegetarian restaurant vegetable cutlets, Kasha Varnishkes, salads,
      Kasha
      knishes, spinach and broccoli knishes, a small salad bar, desserts,
      etc. are
      available for those who happen to be vegetarian. Reservations are
      NOT required.
      The restaurant is moderately priced and the food is good. We hope to
      see you
      there. Reservations are NOT required. You do not have to be a member
      in order to
      attend. Should you decide to become a member remember that
      membership is free!

      A special request to help make our events even more
      successful!

      Please tell everyone you know about our Yahoo SCI-FI Group
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS/
      For more information:
      Post message: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS
      Wants you! We plan to get together at restaurants and to go to
      movies. All of the restaurants we want to go to will be non-smoking
      restaurants
      in New Jersey. All of the movies we want to see will be Science
      Fiction movies.
      We will see them in movie theaters and if people are kind enough, on
      people's
      home VCRs, or DVD players, for the technologically advanced among us.
      We will
      NEVER charge money for any of our events. Everything will be strictly
      Dutch
      Treat. Buy your own movie tickets. Buy your own meals at Restaurants.
      Hopefully
      a typical event would involve going to a Science Fiction Movie and
      then to a
      Restaurant to discuss the movie we just saw. We also hope to go
      individually or
      as a group to
      any other worthwhile events people may know of in New Jersey. Home
      base is the Essex County / Morris County area to start with. If we
      go to
      someone's home, bring your own potluck yummies to munch on. No money
      changes
      hands. Please do post your ideas for club events. Email attachments
      are not
      permitted Please feel free to discuss science fiction books and
      stories you have
      read, or written, your favorite authors, favorite science fiction
      movies or TV
      shows, etc. in person and via email or at the web site Please do come
      to events.
      Escape From Your Computer! All of our events will be both Smoke-Free
      and
      Feline-Free for the cat allergy victims amongst us. So if you let us
      use your
      home for an event make sure it is both Smoke-Free and Feline Free. No
      drugs or
      booze will be allowed at any of our club events. Why should you join
      an
      organization that would have someone like you as a member? Well, half
      of success
      in life is just showing up on time. Show up here at the web site, or
      via email,
      and especially, in person, in real life, at our events, and find
      out..
      This club
      is for everyone 21 or older. Younger fans should find another club.

      The Science Fiction Association of Bergen County. SFABC, which is a
      group we heartily endorse,meets for its monthly meeting on the 2nd
      Saturday
      night of each month. We plan to head over to the SFABC meeting after
      our 5 p.m.
      to 6 p.m. early supper Saturday Night April 9th, 2005. We expect to
      leave
      Manhattan Kosher Restaurant which is located at 26B Chestnut Ridge
      Road,
      Montvale, New Jersey at 6 p.m. to head over to the SFABC which is a
      few minutes
      away from the
      restaurant by car.

      Although we are not connected with the SFABC, we recommend them
      and hope everyone here will join them:

      "Dedicated to the exploration of Science, Science Fiction, Fantasy
      and more, the Science Fiction Association of Bergen County is
      centered in Northern New Jersey and sponsors discussion groups in
      local book stores involving Science, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Art,
      and much more. Join our online forum here on Yahoo or join us at one
      of the many local area bookstores for many great events.
      Post message: SFABCNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: SFABCNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Contact: SFABC founder Phil DeParto
      By Voice: (201) 447-3652
      By snail-mail:
      SFABC c/o Phil DeParto
      136 Manhattan Avenue
      Waldwick, NJ 07463
      USA

      Our Science Fiction Group, though not one connected with the
      SFABC is:

      For more information:
      Post message: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Whether it was Albert Einstein or Jonas Salk, or any of the other
      innumerable Jews who have made monumental contributions to Science,
      and to Humanity in general, many of the ideas of such contributors
      were originally considered to be in the realm of Science Fiction,
      only to come into fruition through real science.

      Many Science Fiction fans are Jewish. We have a Yahoo Group called
      NEW_JERSEY_SCIENCE_FICTION_FANS which we thought you should know
      about and hope that you will join. This group should be of
      particular interest to Single Jewish Women as many many many,though
      not all,
      Science Fiction fans tend to be both Jewish and male, so if you are
      female and
      go to a Science Fiction event prepare to be noticed.

[...]

      While you absolutely positively do NOT have to be Jewish to
      join our Yahoo Science Fiction Club described ABOVE, if you happen
      to be Jewish we hope that you will ALSO join our Jewish Singles
      Groups described BELOW:

      Please join the appopriate groups below and post your introductions
      to them. Please also do so regularly as we keep getting new members.

      Please forward this email to every Jewish single person you know.
      Please also post it to every Jewish Yahoo group and other Jewish
      group you can find.

      Post message: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: jewishmatch@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: jewishmatch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Post message: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      NJ JEWISH SINGLES NETWORK seeks to bring Jewish Singles
      who are over 21 and under 60 in New Jersey together via the net and
      in real
      life. We hope that members will share information about themselves
      and about
      events that are coming up. If anyone wishes to
      have a house party, a movies and dinner group, or other
      activity let us share that information too. Let us all
      get together on the net and in real life. If you are
      single, Jewish, in New Jersey over 21 and under 60
      you have come to the right place to meet other single
      Jews. Welcome! Please state that you are Jewish, if you are Jewish,
      when you apply to join this group and when you post your
      introductions and when you reply to other posts. This is a Jewish
      Singles Group.
      SINGLES-
      NETWORK-21-to-59/
      Post message: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: NJ-JEWISH-SINGLES-NETWORK-21-to-59-
      subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Introductions that do not include a statement that the poster is
      Jewish will be deleted and not posted to OUR JEWISH SINGLES GROUPS.
      Similarly, when applying to join our Jewish singles groups please
      state that you are Jewish so that we may approve your application.

      If You Are Single, Jewish, over 21, in search of someone else who is
      too, you have come to the Right Place. Please be polite. Let's all
      introduce ourselves when we join and from time to time as new members
      keep joining. Please be polite and discreet. If you do meet one
      another in real life public places like book store cafes are highly
      recommended. We hope that you will agree that you have come to the
      Right Place for Jewish Singles from everywhere to meet. Please state
      that you are Jewish, if you are Jewish, when you apply to join this
      group and when you post your introductions and when you reply to
      other posts.
      This is a Jewish Singles Group.
      Post message: jewishmatch@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: jewishmatch-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ
      is for Pro-Israel Jewish Singles in or near
      New Jersey. If you are Pro-Israel, Jewish,single,21 or over,
      in or near New Jersey, you are invited to join our
      group and to participate in our events.
      You must be 21 or over to join this
      group or to participate in our events.
      Post message: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Please tell everyone you know who is Jewish, single, in or near
      New Jersey, about our group. Please forward the information below
      to everyone you know who is Jewish, single, in or near New Jersey.
      Post message: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ@yahoogroups.com
      Subscribe: Pro-IsraelJewishSinglesofNJ-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Introductions that do not include a statement that the poster is
      Jewish will be deleted and not posted to OUR JEWISH SINGLES GROUPS.
      Similarly, when applying to join our Jewish singles groups please
      state that you are Jewish so that we may approve your application.

      From The Star-Ledger Ticket Section of Friday April 1st, 2005 c.e.
      Our Jewish Singles groups:

      have no connection with the events from The Star-Ledger Ticket
      Section of April 1st, 2005 c.e. which are described below.

      If you go to those events please tell
      the event sponsors that you heard about the events here. Please also
      ask the event sponsors to join this group so that future events
      sponsored by the event sponsors can be posted to this group directly
      by the event sponsor. Thank You.

      "Millburn, New Jersey Singles Chat, for Jewish Singles ages 40-65 ,
      Sunday, 1
      p.m. April 3rd, 2005 c.e. Congregation B'nai Isael, 160 Millburn
      Avenue,
      Millburn, New Jersey $5 Call 201 262-7585."

      Note: not part of item in Star-Ledger, but clocks are turned ahead 1
      hour in
      places such as New Jersey, for convenience either late Saturday
      night before you
      go to sleep, or more precisely, at 2 a.m. Sunday morning, April 3rd,
      2005 c.e.
      if you are awake at that hour, for Daylight Savings Time ("Spring
      Ahead, Fall
      Back") If you go to the dance below you just might still be awake at
      2 a.m. But
      be sure to get some sleep so that you can show up at the Chat at
      p.m. on Sunday.
      Sounds like quite a weekend!

      "Washington Twp. New Jersey Spring Dance for Jewish Singles 25-45,
      sponsored by
      JCC (Jewish Community Center) on the Palisades, Saturday 8:30 p.m.
      April 2nd,
      2005 c.e. at the Bergen County Y, a Jewish Community Center, 605
      Pascack Road,
      Washington Twp. New Jersey $20; $25 after 9 p.m. Call 201 569-7900.

      Next item is not just for singles: "Fifth Annual New Jersey Jewish
      Film Festival
      April 7th through April 17th 2005 c.e. http://www.NJJFF.org The
      latest Jewish
      Films, Great Speakers and Discussions An Extraordinary Event ...
      Close to Home!
      For more information or to charge your tickets by phone
      (VISA/MC/AmeEX), call
      the Box Office 973 736-3200 ext. 253 Fax 973 736-6871 email
      lskorenstein@... order online at
      http://www.ticketweb.com We are
      not connected to the Jewish Community Center of Metrowest, which is
      hosting the
      New Jersey Jewish Film Festival but we feel it is a wonderful not to
      be missed
      event.