Re: hmmm

  • g33kb0t_x3l
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
      I heard some complaints last year, but he seemed really nice to me.
      Can someone explain why there were complaints?

      --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "rabidchyld" <rabidchyld@y...>
      wrote:
      > I can't say that's bad news...

      > --- In DragonCon@yahoogroups.com, "jj self" <jjsdc03@m...> wrote:
      > > do ya think someone heard our complaints?

    • Bryan Jones
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
        Achbar,
        Check your computers date and time, it's screwed up again.

        White Bear

        At 12:47 PM 9/1/04, you wrote:
        >On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:28:05 -0000, you wrote:
        >
        > >I heard some complaints last year, but he seemed really nice to me.
        > >Can someone explain why there were complaints?
        > David Carradine will not be able to make this year's
        >DragonCon....Great! Let him go sit some place and rot his lilly
        >soaking Liver. He dirates on his fans. Let the briney deep take
        >him.
        >

        >Achbar
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • jj self
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
          nah, hes just way ahead of the rest of us

          At 12:47 PM 9/1/04, you wrote:
          >On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:28:05 -0000, you wrote:
          >
          > >I heard some complaints last year, but he seemed really nice to me.
          > >Can someone explain why there were complaints?
          > David Carradine will not be able to make this year's
          >DragonCon....Great! Let him go sit some place and rot his lilly
          >soaking Liver. He dirates on his fans. Let the briney deep take
          >him.
          >

          >Achbar
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Achbar ibn Ali
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
            On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 12:48:54 -0500, you wrote:

            >Achbar,
            > Check your computers date and time, it's screwed up again.
            >
            >White Bear

            Thanks..it is fixed I think

            Achbar
          • kattratt
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
              Hell according to Achbar we should all be talking about how great DC was....
              Let us NOT rush things my friend I would like to get to Dragon before it
              is time to leave... Dragon Con passes to quickly as it is.
              Ratboy

              jj self wrote:

              >nah, hes just way ahead of the rest of us

            • Eugene Tellier
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
                Achbar,

                Wow, you seem to have softened on your opinion of
                David Carradine. Did you find his performance in Kill
                Bill impressive? You seem to have far worse things to
                say about him right after DC last year.<G>

                Gene
                <Just playing, Carradine was a bit of a money grubbing
                bunghole.>

                --- Achbar ibn Ali <achbar@...> wrote:

                > On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:28:05 -0000, you wrote:
                >
                > >I heard some complaints last year, but he seemed
                > really nice to me.
                > >Can someone explain why there were complaints?
                > David Carradine will not be able to make this
                > year's
                > DragonCon....Great! Let him go sit some place and
                > rot his lilly
                > soaking Liver. He dirates on his fans. Let the
                > briney deep take
                > him.
                >

                > Achbar

                > --------------------~-->
                > Toolbar.

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/LRMolB/TM

                =====
                Gene Tellier - Bookkeeper- Hole in the Wall Theater

                Cell Phone/Voice Mail: 203-668-0736
                Work E-Mail Inkind@...
                Work Site: http://www.hitw.org/
                Personal E-Mail: genetellier@... or gtellier@...
                Site: http://hometown.aol.com/gtellier http://pages.cthome.net/genetellier/

                http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
              • Bill McIntire
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
                  Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but I can't find "dirate" in the
                  dictionary. Did you perhaps mean "deaerate," which would be in keeping with
                  the spirit of your message, or should I get another dictionary?

                  > On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 17:28:05 -0000, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >I heard some complaints last year, but he seemed really nice to me.
                  > >Can someone explain why there were complaints?
                  > David Carradine will not be able to make this year's
                  > DragonCon....Great! Let him go sit some place and rot his lilly
                  > soaking Liver. He dirates on his fans. Let the briney deep take
                  > him.
                  >

                  > Achbar
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Achbar ibn Ali
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
                    On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:11:30 -0400, you wrote:

                    >Hell according to Achbar we should all be talking about how great DC was....
                    >Let us NOT rush things my friend I would like to get to Dragon before it
                    >is time to leave... Dragon Con passes to quickly as it is.
                    >Ratboy
                    >

                    >jj self wrote:
                    Brother,
                    I am looking forward to Jamming and just having fun with you Guys.
                    All of you Rock...Yes..I have seen and heard the evidence of it.
                    yes...it is True. The costuming...the drumming and Just all around
                    " I am having a Good time" attitude. More people should have that.
                    Serious....I am serious.
                    What is it about this con that makes me come to it. The sad thing
                    is that I don't read too many books these days. Most sci fi on tv is
                    pure d shite! Think about it! Gaming......Hell...I just got back
                    into it. There was a time when I could proudly say that I was a
                    gaming Geek. Hell, can I honestly say that now? I need to find a
                    decent Game or something
                    yes
                    Now, I am going to DragonCon...once more. What brings me
                    back......The Parties? The Hope for Sex? The hope for some unknown
                    experience. Look, I don't know what it it...but...I am going.

                    Achbar
                  • Achbar ibn Ali
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
                      On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 20:26:15 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

                      >Achbar,
                      >
                      >Wow, you seem to have softened on your opinion of
                      >David Carradine. Did you find his performance in Kill
                      >Bill impressive? You seem to have far worse things to
                      >say about him right after DC last year.<G>
                      >
                      >Gene
                      Gene,
                      In the past, I have spoken in bad taste about that man. What
                      annoys me about him and people like him is that they look down on
                      fans. Fans are a bother. They just want to get paid and move with
                      life. Look, I know that is fair. They are entitled to enjoy life.
                      But look, you are here at a Con. Your fans see you. they want to
                      approach you. Some even have these life long ambitions to say things
                      like" When I was a Kid, Kung Fu meant something to me as a Kid..it
                      influenced me in some way" That may sound like Bullshit after you
                      have heard it 1000 times, but man..that is a Job you under took when
                      you signed the contract.
                      There is a movie is in called " Boxcar Bertha". I was going to rent
                      that tonight. He is almost a good actor. Most films that he has
                      acted in I like in some way. He is not dramatic, nor does he
                      inspire me. I enjoy his work , despite how much of an ass he is in
                      person. " Kill BIll" for example was ok....anybody could have done
                      that role.
                      It is not just David Carradine who behaves in such a manner. it is
                      a number of people. Some think they are bigger than they really are.

                      Achbar
                    • Achbar ibn Ali
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 1, 2004
                        On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:35:21 -0500, you wrote:

                        >Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but I can't find "dirate" in the
                        >dictionary. Did you perhaps mean "deaerate," which would be in keeping with
                        >the spirit of your message, or should I get another dictionary?
                        My spelling sucks. Please don't sue me.

                        Achbar
                      • Achbar ibn Ali
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004