  • DarkLloyd
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2001
      This is a good one - worth reading....
      take all American women who are within five years of
      menopause - train us
      for a few weeks, outfit us with automatic weapons,
      grenades, gas masks,
      moisturizer with SPF15, Prozac, hormones, chocolate,
      and canned tuna -
      drop us (parachuted, preferably) across the landscape
      of Afghanistan, and
      let us do what comes naturally.
      Think about it. Our anger quotient alone, even when
      doing standard stuff
      like grocery shopping and paying bills, is formidable
      enough to make even
      armed men in turbans tremble.
      We've had our children, we would gladly suffer or die
      to protect them and
      their future. We'd like to get away from our
      husbands, if they haven't
      left already. And for those of us who are single, the
      prospect of
      finding
      a good man with whom to share life is about as likely
      as being struck by
      lightning. We have nothing to lose.
      We've survived the water diet, the protein diet, the
      carbohydrate diet,
      and the grapefruit diet in gyms and saunas across
      America and never lost
      a pound. We can easily survive months in the hostile
      terrain of
      Afghanistan
      with no food at all!
      We've spent years tracking down our husbands or lovers
      in bars, hardware
      stores, or sporting events...finding bin Laden in some
      cave will be no
      problem.
      Uniting all the warring tribes of Afghanistan in a new
      government? Oh, please ... we've planned the seating arrangements for
      in-laws and
      extended
      families at Thanksgiving dinners for years ... we
      understand tribal
      warfare.
      Between us, we've divorced enough husbands to know
      every trick there is
      for how they hide, launder, or cover up bank accounts
      and money sources.
      We know how to find that money and we know how to
      seize it ... with or
      without the government's help!
      Let us go and fight. The Taliban hates women.
      Imagine their terror as
      we crawl like ants with hot-flashes over their
      godforsaken terrain.
      I'm going to write my Congresswoman. You should, too!