Re: Red Cross

  • DragonConModerator
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
      I would say go to the horse's mouth. http://www.redcross.org/
      They have several articles explaining where the money is going.

      --- In DragonCon@y..., txmayjo@a... wrote:
      > I understand there are several people on this list that live in and
      around NYC. I need to ask you a question. A group of friends and I
      were taking about the role of the Red Cross and all the millions they
      have collected. Lots of people tell me "OH they haven given it all to
      the families of the victims and to the volunteers there. But NO ONE
      has first hand knowledge of these things.
      > You don't need to fill up the List with this you can send it to me
      private. that is if anyone knows
    • txmayjo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2001
        In a message dated 10/1/01 9:04:50 AM EST, dragoncon2000@... writes:

        << I would say go to the horse's mouth. http://www.redcross.org/
        They have several articles explaining where the money is going.

        Well see that is my point "they" are telling it.. I was wondering if anyone
        actually got any money.
        Joyce
      • Flunky Bananabrain
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2001
          At this point I don't think anyone would be getting much money
          however it would be used to pay for sheltering people who were
          standed at airports,staff and materiels needed to collect blood,
          medical care, grief counsuling, meals for the resuce workers I know I
          saw somewhere that the Red Cross had served some 1.8 million meals
          since the attacks. There are other funds besides The Red Cross that
          may in fact be giving money to individuals but I don't think The Red
          Cross just hands out money to people.

        • txmayjo@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2001
            thanks for the input. Hope you guys are all well
            Joyce