anyone solved MONAD yet?

  • theminde@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 10, 2011
      Hi, new memmber today. Please excuse me with my writing.

      I hope this is how we get to talk on this forum, because I have not tried it before. I tried it earlier but the message said timed out try again, so instead I use your email numbers, and I am now here!!!.

      OK John Dee. I very keen on all things to do with John Dee, and have much to discuss with anyone who has a bit of sprea time.

      Spent many years careful looks at Dee's work, and reached my conclusion:- John Dee he was much more clever than he has been given any credit for. I think he was a misunderstood master genius. That most of his readers find him to be obscure is not at all surprising, not to myself at any rate.

      The heading up there asks if the Dee's MONAD has been cracked. I don't for a second believe it has anything to do with sun moon etcetera., But don't attack me without being fair about it.

      Now that MONAD is how John Dee says it, and it must have some meaning for him. But when I read he says lvner sol element ignis, and truly the top one looks just like a real moon, only not fully. But the rest? No way Hose. Dee is having us on, He is having a good laugh in the grave. Why? I will tell you some time, but I am scared you will say I am telling lies.

      I am not though. It was Dee who was doing all the lies. An now he laughs!!!!

      I think John Dee most certainly liked fish: red hearings*. He got a great kick out of his texts - its as if he was playing a game with his best closest friends - snakes and ladders. They all wanted immortality via print. Homer, Socrates Julius Caesar Pythagoras, Euclid and many more, all achieved a sort of immortality, at least the nearest we humans can achieve.

      * I have a faxsimile of a crappy old book from by Chester in the county of Chesire, in England, (its in very poor condition) it has etching of animals and cherubs, and strange for me to say it, 3 red fish, I think caught by a little boy who, by the look on his little face, has done some bad thing. Imagine a little boy toddler when he pulled his mama's goldfish from out of the water in a glass bowl. That sort of look.
      I do a smily :-< but that is no where like the face on the cover. Maybe I send a Jpg to here?

      Time after time I try to read the title of the thing, but alas no luck. I think some idiot must have taken it to sea in a idiot rowing boat. because its stained the way idiots salt water stains.

      It holds in it a great amount of blurb on grammar (some in mine own tongue too) with a weird blending of arithmetic and geometry. These auncient Englysh bookes! Ho Ho.Not making no racy commengts, sorry if they were seen like it.

      I saw Euclid Elements the one with John Dee writing in it, and you are not going to believe this part, straight away on the front, I saw the little boy again!!!!!! Yes. before yo ask I was not drunk or whatever. He is on the very top under kind of arch way, and old father time is there too. I do not know who the others are meant to be, but a man has nothing on him.

      If anyone can know it all (and about my old book) I would be a very happy individual,

      Enough being said now, will wait for a possible feedback.

      Phew that took me loads of time to do it all. Please excuse it. my tongue is not as good as English etcetera, and make many an errors, but I'm learning fastl by each day I try to get there even more.

      So thanks to all. And sorry if I bored any one.
    • souttar john
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2011
        Hi 'minde'

        Welcome to a Forum with extraordinary archives, including much scholarly research into the Monas (Monasteries!). I will not upset members by revealing what I think it is about but am interested in your boy and the fish and know what these are about.

        The Monad is a singularity from which creation emerged, which is why it is horned like Pan
         (all). If you go to Egypt you will see that Djehwti or Thoth also has a crescent moon on his head. It is astrological, the lost sign for the microbe from which we all emerged, considered by them to be a scarab beetle, later (see Denderah Zodiac's  centre) a crab as the Greeks did not like a beetle that pushed a dung ball along and wanted it to be a clear water sign but crab = scarab.

        On the other matter try offline johnsouttar@... which is how the forum often works.

        All the best
        John

[...]

      • THOMASMICHAEL CAMPBELL
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 13, 2011
          Hello and thanks for that reply souttar john

          Yes Egypt could well be involved in it all. I will persue that line.

          Concerning the Dee Monas you said

          "Monas (Monasteries!). I will not upset members by revealing what I think it is about"

          which intrigued me. I must admit to having a sneaking suspicion that you are referring to the way the symbols are 'coupled' together, but I might be miles off. Please correct me if I am wrong.

          You then said
          " but am interested in your boy and the fish and know what these are about"
          and this reply intrests me also: Do you mean you know what they mean?

          Please let me know.

          I have spent some considerable time studying and deciphering old images, and I have found some quite remarkable things. The boy and the fishes is part of my finally understanding what they were all about.

          I wonder how you would answer these two questions:

          Imagine a little boy toddler is caught  by his mother after pulling his mama's goldfishes from its bowl.  Now, the boy is so young he knows very few words yet.
          Remember, he's very young but knows he's done something wrong.

          So question 1. is this: what do you think he would say after being caught red-handed?

          Question 2. is this: what are the absolute minimum words the little boy might use when caught?

          Clue: how many fishes has he removed?

          Thanks again for taking the effort, it is appreciated.

          Tom C

[...]

          Hi, new member today. Please excuse me with my writing.

[...]

          * I have a faximile of a crappy old book from by Chester in the county of Chesire, in England, (its in very poor condition) it has etching of animals and cherubs, and strange for me to say it, 3 red fish, I think caught by a little boy who, by the look on his little face, has done some bad thing. Imagine a little boy toddler when he pulled his mama's goldfish from out of the water in a glass bowl. That sort of look.

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 13, 2011
            Hi Tom

            perhaps the boy is not as young as he looks. For example Dionisis is sometimes shown as a youth, as a bearded man and when he is Eros as a little boy who is quite naughty but not evil. As Eris perhaps even more mischievious. Angels can be little cherubs or big cherubim.

            The bridge is a spirit bridge. Hanuman built such a bridge in India, and Ragnarok has one too, the rainbow bridge. It is linked to the underworld/upper world.

            But the fish you will find on the lapis manalis (look up wiki or Google images, I have one and will photo it for you - it is a pre Christian one from Athens). This is the philosopher's (dream)stone and dream entrance to the underworld, Icthys, and in the ogdoad. Without access to the underworld school one cannot progress very far. The fish are red and are salmon not herrings, check out St Mungo.

            I will try to answer your questions but what Mother Earth says to the human who has overfished her oceans is probably similar. Put them back!
            Kind regards

            John S

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 13, 2011
              hello again souttar john

              I liked that very much. You seem very knowledgable on those matters.

              I laughed at the mother nature thing: and of course you are right: nobody owns the seas, like nobody owned the Buffalo on the prairies, so why not take the lot? There free, and so profits are good!

              Good answer for the boy's mother, but what would an untutored little boy say is caught red-handed during the crime? Minimum words, don't forget.

              Tom C