"Revelations"

  • Michael Morgan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2010
      Revelations

      O God of Earth and Altar, bow down and hear our cry!

      Our earthly rulers falter, our people drift and die.

      The walls of gold entomb us, and the sword of scorn divides,
           Take not thy Thunder from us, but take away our pride.

      Just a Babe in a Black Abyss, no reason for a place like this,
           the walls are cold and the souls cry out in pain.
      An easy Way for the Blind to go,
           a clever Path for the Fools who know,
      The Secret of the Hanged Man, and the smile on His lips.

      The Light of the Blind, You'll see!
      The venom grips my spine.
      The Eyes of the Nile are opening you'll see...

      <The first stanza is from a 17th century Protestant Hymn>
      The rest is the lyrics of Steve Harris, founding bassist of Iron Maiden.

      ;^)~
      Michael