Eclipse

  • numberservant
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2008
      Hello, (to Terri especially),

      Just wondering if there were any anomalies in your experiences today or even yesterday? I am
      not sure what is going on with these eclipses (and I think most of this was discussed last year
      on the FWMS site - but here today because of our intended studies about Dee and his
      Astronomical/Geographical/Astrological notions) but they have a profound effect on me. Just
      some rather insightful thoughts, nothing relevant to discuss, but quite intense.

      Peace,

      numberservant
    • Terri Burns
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 7, 2008
        Sure. . . both actually. . . but since we've been shoveling out from
        yet another snowstorm (and the University here shut down for the
        first time since the 1970s), I haven't time to reflect on it
        much. . . or on the 72 tornadoes that I understand cut through
        Tennessee west of Nashville. What eclipses?

        LVX,

        Terri

        --- In
        AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, "numberservant"
        <numberservant@...> wrote:

        > Hello, (to Terri especially),
        >
        > Just wondering if there were any anomalies in your experiences
        today or even yesterday? I am
        > not sure what is going on with these eclipses (and I think most of
        this was discussed last year
        > on the FWMS site - but here today because of our intended studies
        about Dee and his
        > Astronomical/Geographical/Astrological notions) but they have a
        profound effect on me. Just
        > some rather insightful thoughts, nothing relevant to discuss, but
        quite intense.

        > Peace,
        >
        > numberservant

      • numberservant
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 7, 2008
          --- In AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Burns" <burnst@...>
          wrote:

          > Sure. . . both actually. . . but since we've been shoveling out from
          > yet another snowstorm (and the University here shut down for the
          > first time since the 1970s), I haven't time to reflect on it
          > much. . . or on the 72 tornadoes that I understand cut through
          > Tennessee west of Nashville. What eclipses?

          I'm referring to plural in the sense of me feeling inspired and seemingly connected to
          higher planes, or states of consciousness during eclipses of the sun. One astrological book
          rates (on a scale of 1-7) them for intensity and calculates the significance of the planets
          influence days into the future.

          S: 03-18-07 2
          S: 09-11-07 3
          S: 02-06-08 5 (05-07-08) Sun (06-10-08) Mars (03-29-09) Jupiter
          S: 08-01-08 4 (10-30-08) Sun (02-16-09) Mars (02-14-09) Jupiter
          S: 01-26-09 4
          etc.

          Plus a lot more data. I don't really understand the astrological significance. I must reread
          it. So I refer you to the book, Teal, Celeste "Eclipses" Llewellyn, Woodberry, MN, 2006

          Peace,
          numberservant

          > LVX,
          >
          > Terri
          >
          > --- In
          > AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, "numberservant"
          > <numberservant@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello, (to Terri especially),
          > >
          > > Just wondering if there were any anomalies in your experiences
          > today or even yesterday? I am
          > > not sure what is going on with these eclipses (and I think most of
          > this was discussed last year
          > > on the FWMS site - but here today because of our intended studies
          > about Dee and his
          > > Astronomical/Geographical/Astrological notions) but they have a
          > profound effect on me. Just
          > > some rather insightful thoughts, nothing relevant to discuss, but
          > quite intense.
          > >
          > > Peace,
          > >
          > > numberservant

        • Terri Burns
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 11, 2008
            <numberservant@...> wrote:

            One astrological book
            > rates (on a scale of 1-7) them for intensity and calculates the
            significance of the planets
            > influence days into the future.
            >
            > S: 03-18-07 2
            > S: 09-11-07 3
            > S: 02-06-08 5 (05-07-08) Sun (06-10-08) Mars (03-29-09)
            Jupiter
            > S: 08-01-08 4 (10-30-08) Sun (02-16-09) Mars (02-14-09)
            Jupiter
            > S: 01-26-09 4
            > etc.
            >

            > Plus a lot more data. I don't really understand the astrological
            significance. I must reread
            > it. So I refer you to the book, Teal, Celeste "Eclipses" Llewellyn,
            Woodberry, MN, 2006

            Thanks-- I'll have to look at it.

            For what its worth, I've always looked at the span between two the
            two total solar eclipses since 2000: one on June 21, 2001; the next
            on August 1, 2008; both occurring on major traditional (read: pagan)
            calendrical holy days, as making a significant time period. To state
            the obvious, a solar eclipse is the "Theater in the Sky" enacting the
            Hermetic marraige of sun and moon.

            If I was really clever, I'd try to find some relation between that
            and the "invoking pentagram in the sky" Venus cycle and the 400 year
            pattern that Vincent wrote about quite a few years ago (I think still
            posted on FWMS list, May 2004). Dee was looking for Venus transits
            but did not yet have the technology to see them. If he was off by
            one of his "ages"--400 years-- then we'd be looking at this time, not
            his time. I would, imho, be seen as very significant to have two
            total solar eclipses in a just longer than seven year span, each
            falling on a "sky" holiday, happening near the same "span" where we
            have two visible Venus transits (in 2004 and 2012) in eight years, as
            we have ever 122 years or so. If you connect the 400 year ages,
            including Dee's "Age of Venus," to Venus transits and how they are
            aligned with the center of the galaxy, you'd could probaly make
            something pretty significant out of all this. Luckily for us all,
            I'm not that clever.

            LVX,

            Terri
          • Terri Burns
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 11, 2008

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 11, 2008
                <burnst@...> wrote:

                > --- In
                > AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, "numberservant"
                > <numberservant@> wrote:
                >
                > One astrological book
                > > rates (on a scale of 1-7) them for intensity and calculates the
                > significance of the planets
                > > influence days into the future.
                > >
                > > S: 03-18-07 2
                > > S: 09-11-07 3
                > > S: 02-06-08 5 (05-07-08) Sun (06-10-08) Mars (03-29-09)
                > Jupiter
                > > S: 08-01-08 4 (10-30-08) Sun (02-16-09) Mars (02-14-09)
                > Jupiter
                > > S: 01-26-09 4
                > > etc.
                > >

                > > Plus a lot more data. I don't really understand the astrological
                > significance. I must reread
                > > it. So I refer you to the book, Teal, Celeste "Eclipses" Llewellyn,
                > Woodberry, MN, 2006
                > >

                > Thanks-- I'll have to look at it.
                >
                > For what its worth, I've always looked at the span between two the
                > two total solar eclipses since 2000: one on June 21, 2001; the next
                > on August 1, 2008; both occurring on major traditional (read: pagan)
                > calendrical holy days, as making a significant time period. To state
                > the obvious, a solar eclipse is the "Theater in the Sky" enacting the
                > Hermetic marraige of sun and moon.

                Notice, the associations you have made with the Aug 1, 2008 eclipse
                and Venus. Then how is St. Valentine related to Venus? Is that the
                Christian masculine version of the "god" of love. If so your point
                about the Hermetic marriage is even more intriguing since you have the
                Mars transit on Feb 14, 2009.

                Peace,

                numberservant

                > If I was really clever, I'd try to find some relation between that
                > and the "invoking pentagram in the sky" Venus cycle and the 400 year
                > pattern that Vincent wrote about quite a few years ago (I think still
                > posted on FWMS list, May 2004). Dee was looking for Venus transits
                > but did not yet have the technology to see them. If he was off by
                > one of his "ages"--400 years-- then we'd be looking at this time, not
                > his time. I would, imho, be seen as very significant to have two
                > total solar eclipses in a just longer than seven year span, each
                > falling on a "sky" holiday, happening near the same "span" where we
                > have two visible Venus transits (in 2004 and 2012) in eight years, as
                > we have ever 122 years or so. If you connect the 400 year ages,
                > including Dee's "Age of Venus," to Venus transits and how they are
                > aligned with the center of the galaxy, you'd could probaly make
                > something pretty significant out of all this. Luckily for us all,
                > I'm not that clever.
                >
                > LVX,
                >
                > Terri

              • Terri Burns
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 12, 2008
                  <numberservant@...> wrote:

                  > Notice, the associations you have made with the Aug 1, 2008 eclipse
                  > and Venus. Then how is St. Valentine related to Venus? Is that the
                  > Christian masculine version of the "god" of love.

                  Google Psyche, Cupid, Venus, Valentine. Cupid's arrow ---> Mars, is
                  the easiest association, though like with most you could do more. . .
                  especially if you look for Hermetic associations: add in "Hermes"
                  and "Olympus." Then assume the apparent polarity/jealousy of
                  Mars/Venus is erconciled by alchemical Mercury/Hermes. (Of course, I
                  doubt most look at it this way! But it does make the theater in the
                  sky we've been talking about even more interesting!)

                  St. Valentine, the martyr later connected with February 14, can refer
                  to not one but several Romans. (Wiki St. Valentine) I tend to look
                  at the whole holiday as reverse engineering to obscure its pagan and
                  Hermetic origins, as many writers, both popular and scholarly, have
                  argued that it was created obscure the pagan holiday of Lupercalia.
                  They note that its a bit odd to have this holiday when the origine of
                  this supposed martyr is so obscure.

                  St. Valentine, whichever one we're referring to, is also not supposed
                  to have any connection to the gnostic Valentinus, a disciple of a
                  disciple of St. Paul, certainly a "Christian masculine" (and to some,
                  misogynystic) proponent of "monadic" philosophies.

                  If so your point
                  > about the Hermetic marriage is even more intriguing since you have
                  the
                  > Mars transit on Feb 14, 2009.

                  Thanks for pointnig that out!

                  LVX,

                  Terri

                  > > If I was really clever, I'd try to find some relation between
                  that
                  > > and the "invoking pentagram in the sky" Venus cycle and the 400
                  year
                  > > pattern that Vincent wrote about quite a few years ago (I think
                  still
                  > > posted on FWMS list, May 2004). Dee was looking for Venus
                  transits
                  > > but did not yet have the technology to see them. If he was off
                  by
                  > > one of his "ages"--400 years-- then we'd be looking at this time,
                  not
                  > > his time. It would, imho, be seen as very significant to have
                  two
                  > > total solar eclipses in a just longer than seven year span, each
                  > > falling on a "sky" holiday, happening near the same "span" where
                  we
                  > > have two visible Venus transits (in 2004 and 2012) in eight
                  years, as
                  > > we have ever 122 years or so. If you connect the 400 year ages,
                  > > including Dee's "Age of Venus," to Venus transits and how they
                  are
                  > > aligned with the center of the galaxy, you'd could probably make
                  > > something pretty significant out of all this.
                • damiana_888
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 12, 2008
                    --- In AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, "Terri Burns"
                    <burnst@...> wrote:

                    What eclipses?

                    HA! The one we were having while you shoveled! Over here a pileup
                    (6 Feb) on Interstate 90 took seven hours to clear. Today it snows
                    on Madtown again. If the heat spikes in Spring, rivers will flood
                    all over the Midwest United States.

                    Do any here know the history of Sabian symbols. . . for how long and
                    by whom they have been used?

                    http://www.astrograph.com/free-horoscope/

                    The Astrology of February features two eclipses, a Mercury
                    retrograde, and an Aquarius line-up accompanying the eclipse New Moon.

                    The Solar Eclipse and New Moon of February 6th continues the series
                    of powerful lunations that we have been experiencing over these past
                    few months. As the Sun and Moon conjunct and parallel Neptune, they
                    span only a little more than 5 degrees in Aquarius together with
                    Mercury and Chiron. Aquarius is a sign that represents, at its
                    highest, a true brotherhood of man- and womankind. This ideal is
                    right now beginning to emerge, at times slowly and painfully, at
                    times by leaps and bounds, even here in this country of empire-
                    orientation.

                    The Lunar Eclipse and Full Moon taking place on February 20th also
                    packs a powerful punch in that it sextiles and trines Pluto while
                    emphasizing the limitation represented by Saturn as it triggers an
                    opposition between Saturn and the Uranus/Neptune midpoint. All three
                    outer planets, harbingers of enlightenment and transformation, are
                    therefore activated in these lunations. And indeed the time of
                    transition is upon us. Earth changes that have been building up and
                    largely ignored by the corporate elite representing the old guard
                    have contributed, along with the exhaustion from the war, to the
                    growing sense that the politics of our nation must radically change.
                    It is high time for the lazy denial of self-serving and elitist
                    attitudes to leave and for integrity to step up to the plate. And
                    change must happen within each individual, since each one of us forms
                    the basis as in a hologram of the exciting collective shift that is
                    currently taking place.

                    As Mercury continues its retrograde path from the previous month, we
                    might expect mechanical and communication break-downs. Mercury
                    stations to direct motion on February 18th and regains its original
                    position by the time of the New Moon in early March. During this
                    period we can use our mental energy most wisely for reflection on our
                    situation, both globally and locally. There is a mysterious and
                    mystical quality to our musings at this time, since Mercury conjoined
                    the misty energy of Neptune as it retrograded. The numinous and
                    defuse energy of Neptune is also brought to the fore by the Solar
                    Eclipse of February 6th. With Chiron also involved at this time, we
                    are invited to look beneath the covers of any form of self-limiting
                    behavior and to examine how that behavior might originate in our
                    prior conditioning, and whether or not we might be ready to transcend
                    it.

                    The Sabian Symbols for each degree of the Zodiac were originally
                    transcribed and interpreted by astrologer Marc Edmond Jones with the
                    help of famed psychic Elsie Wheeler in 1921. This set of symbols, 360
                    in all, is highly interesting for the additional meaning that they
                    convey to transiting events or natal charts. The symbol for the
                    degree of Aquarius occupied by the February 6th Solar Eclipse is "A
                    man unmasked" and as Jones writes can refer to the mental penetration
                    of psychological process. His keyword is ANALYSIS. This first week of
                    February will be an important time of self-discovery and of embracing
                    the biggest possible picture, where in every human grain of sand we
                    can see the larger galactic whole perfectly reflected, as we each
                    exemplify the center as well as the periphery of our surrounding
                    cosmos.

                    The Sabian Symbols for the second degree of Virgo and Pisces,
                    representing the Full Moon and Sun degrees at the time of the
                    February 20th eclipse, are "A large white cross" and "A squirrel
                    hiding from hunters," and together they suggest the frequently
                    overlooked power of the mystical to transform our lives. Jones'
                    keyword for the Sun degree is CAUTION. We must allow the practical
                    situation to dictate our behavior at the same time that we move
                    beyond it, and above all pay close attention as we go through the
                    mystery and the magic of this powerful time.

                    Meanwhile Pluto occupies the important Winter Solstice degree of 0
                    Capricorn and sounds a theme that will resonate for the entire year,
                    in fact for many years to come. The Sabian Symbol for this
                    degree, "An Indian Chief demanding recognition" speaks to the
                    neglected master of events that is inherent in all of us, and that we
                    can make the choice at this time to consciously recognize. Pluto's
                    transit implies that personal organization and personal limitation
                    are taking an unusual turn in this fledgling year of the new
                    millennial age. Saturn is also trine the Jupiter-Pluto midpoint this
                    month and we may well expect deep-seated and far-reaching changes in
                    the very structure of our lives at this important time in the turning
                    of the ages.
                  • Liz Forrest

                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
                        Liz, our e-group setting automatically strip off attachments. Could
                        you post it to the files section, or, if you'd rather, e-mail it to me
                        separately and I can post it for you?

                        LVX,

                        Terri

                        --- In AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, "Liz Forrest"
                        <greenlysard@...> wrote:

                        > Attached please find a file, I hope, with a most intriguing image
                        embedded
                        > as a land formation.
                      • Kate Brown
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
                          On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, you wrote
                          >Liz, our e-group setting automatically strip off attachments. Could
                          >you post it to the files section, or, if you'd rather, e-mail it to me
                          >separately and I can post it for you?
                          >
                          >LVX,
                          >
                          >Terri

                          Um, I got it as an attachment. I receive mailings as they come, rather
                          than in a digest. It surprised me, but there it is. Sadly, I couldn't
                          see any of the features referred to, however....!

                          --
                          Kate B

                          London
                        • Terri Burns
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 14, 2008
                            Really? Thanks Kate. Maybe they just don't come through for those
                            of us getting the digest.

                            By the way. . . I did enjoy the Rudolph II podcast!

                            LVX,

                            Terri

                            --- In AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, Kate Brown