Re: Intro and a question...

  • Rusty Gates
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2007
      Liz,
      I am still in diapers here and I need 'em...LOL...
      but my indigenous training helps me when it comes to dream
      interpretation.
      the "Native" may have been "irritated" by your intuitive attempts in
      dream-state to read his thoughts...which is how direct-informal
      contact without invitation is viewed by the native people...
      especially in public social gatherings and especially by Native
      Americans...from a realistic standpoint, you made the situation
      "awkward" for him by trying to interact with him without following the
      honored tradition of protocol that goes with male-female interaction
      in native American custom..."unintroduced" women do not approach
      native men without a liason first... with intent of said meeting being
      discussed by the liason and the contactee in advance so nobody gets
      the notion that the intent is "less than noble" especially in Public
      situations...he was also a guest and was more than likely someone of
      great Import, so he was well advised by his own intuition to follow
      the protocols of his culture to show by example his family's honor of
      their cultural teaching and not interact directly with you...had he
      really felt threatened, he would have had someone ask you to "back
      off" but since you weren't native and you were also a guest...he was
      being as polite as he could be,given the protocols by which he was
      raised. and he at least "placated" your curiousity by sending body
      language that he found your behavior somewhat unpleasant.
      Dreams that "stick" are usually indicators that you're on the path to
      a great lesson...so try this if you feel like it:
      Find a native elder near where you live and ask for teaching of the
      Red Path ways... offer them whatever customary gift in exchange for
      the teachings...here in the southeastern US it's tobacco,in the
      southwest some appreciate Corn Pollen. but by all means try to follow
      protocol beforehand...I have made a few social missteps myself along
      the way, but they are forgivable. as long as your "intent to learn" is
      based in genuine appreciation for under-standing (In a Good way, With
      a Good Heart) you'll have no problem in finding who it is that will
      help you Re-Member what it is about the culture that draws you to it.
      hope this helps...
      Namaste'
      RG

      p.s. Even though it may seem "chauvanisitic" or "sexist" on the
      outset,it is part of a bigger picture, most often times the woman or
      grandmother of someone in a family situation has the FINAL say in all
      matters relating to a male-female relationship... so there's your
      trade out.if you think public social protocols is difficult the
      courtship process makes it look like a walk in the park.

      --- In AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, "Liz Forrest"
      <greenlysard@...> wrote:

      > Hah, the more I learn, the younger I get! Feel between about 3 and
      7 much
      > of the time now!!! :-) Which of course makes it even more
      difficult to get
      > to doing housework! Having spent most of my 'growing' years in Canada,
      > I've always felt drawn to the older culture of North America and its
      people,
      > but lived and worked mostly in the English 'ghetto' of Montreal, so
      I'd love
      > to know more.
      >
      > Do remember having a dream many, many years ago, in which there's a very
      > famous Indian as guest of honour at a gathering I find myself wandering
      > through as if a guest also, but when he sees me he's very upset with
      me, but
      > I don't know why. I've long felt as though created to be a 'wild
      card' able
      > to travel 'between the hoops' but never know whether the decisions I'm
      > making at any given time are the 'correct' ones for 'down the road'.
      > Another friend has been told that many of the accidents she's been
      involved
      > in were caused by her African tribe, trying to get her back! She's
      Dutch,

      AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com<AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "Rusty Gates"
      > > <fallenfeather2@> wrote:
      > > I know I must keep the "beginner's mind" here to learn...
      > >
      > > LOL-- I've learned a lot from the associative connections made by
      > > people on this group, as my bent is usually to overanalyze things. I
      > > think we have a nice mix of both in our dicussions here--
      > > you're "beginner's mind" is very welcome.
      > >
      > > LVX,
      > >
      > > Terri

    • Liz Forrest
      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2007
        Hi Rusty, many thanks for the advice and explanation of 'the leader's' point of view.  I don't remember what on earth I did in the way of introduction, maybe just 'being there' was the problem, but I think it was more like my forgetfulness of who I am, had been causing problems for others and I'm just hoping now, that my Dad's dream of my son being very excited and telling him that he'd just been invited to a very important meeting of the 'Elders' in three days' time (that would be at the 'Transit of Venus 2004), has meant that things have been or are being sorted out 'behind the scenes'.  It's really unnerving to find one is upsetting others when one has no intention of doing it, and can't understand how it's happening either.  :-)  When I travel in my dreams, it just seems to happen without my volition.  Another one is being scolded by nuns when simply walking by with my son, though I am dressed in a very short tunic (totally unlike my conscious preference).  The environment then was one of a very 'clean' city full of light.

        I'm living in County Limerick, Ireland, so not likely to meet an elder here who would know the 'Red Path' ways.  I sometimes get the impression I really got lost in the labyrinth and ended up in the wrong reality for my own path!  Oops.  But possibly because of someone else's sense of humour!  :-)  Love, Liz

        <greenlysard@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > memory of surrounding walls(?) covered in 'feathered' patterns very
        > colourful, like leaf-shaped jacquard design on its side, mostly flame
        > shades. As to what may be underground here!?! .......... Or beyond
        my mind
        > for that matter! :-) Love, Liz
        >
        > On 4/25/07, Terri Burns <burnst@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In
        AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com<AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > > "Rusty Gates"
        > > <fallenfeather2@> wrote:
        > > I know I must keep the "beginner's mind" here to learn...
        > >
        > > LOL-- I've learned a lot from the associative connections made by
        > > people on this group, as my bent is usually to overanalyze things. I
        > > think we have a nice mix of both in our dicussions here--
        > > you're "beginner's mind" is very welcome.

      • Rusty Gates
        Message 3 of 9 , May 4, 2007
          Liz,
          You're welcome, and I will try to find someone in your area who does
          medicine work...(jeeze why did she hafta say Ireland !!!)
          However,you'll be pleasantly surprised when I tell you that there or
          more than likely a few I may be able to send your way that are in
          "Jolly old England" and "Germany" so we should be able to find you
          someone there in the land of the Gaelics.
          More soon. and don't be down on yourself for goofing in a social
          situation...it's how we learn.

          Namaste'
          RG --- In AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, "Liz
          Forrest" <greenlysard@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > and the
          > > > new N21 highway on the second, with the old road on the third,
          and the
          > > > farmers' field on the fourth), considering it may be a significant
          > > factor in
          > > > whatever Dee and the others were/are all about.
          > > >
          > > > Interesting just drifted off for a few minutes and came out of
          it with
          > > > memory of surrounding walls(?) covered in 'feathered' patterns very
          > > > colourful, like leaf-shaped jacquard design on its side, mostly
          flame
          > > > shades. As to what may be underground here!?! .......... Or beyond
          > > my mind
          > > > for that matter! :-) Love, Liz

          AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com<AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee%40yahoogroups.com>
          > > <AlchemistRoyalAdvisorDrJohnDee%40yahoogroups.com>,

        • Liz Forrest
          Message 4 of 9 , May 4, 2007
            Thanks Rusty, intrigued to see who surfaces!  :-)  Love, Liz