5276Re: Painting of Ed Kelly turns up at auction

  • solsticewooddragon
    Aug 25, 2013
      Maybe. I'm just wondering how/who did the identification, and decided it was Kelly. I'm not necessary doubting that it's Kelly--for a variety of reasons I'd love for this to be a picture of Kelly (especially since it turned up in Warwickshire), but I'd like to know how anyone knows, and wonder if the auction house had any information about previous Warwickshire owners. All I can find when I search is this information from Nick Farrell's blog (though Nick is a pretty reputable source.) That's why I'm asking if anyone else has any information.

      LVX,

      Terry

      --- In DrJohnDee@yahoogroups.com, Me <marsyas555@...> wrote:

      > It seems to be more of a painting of dee than Kelly
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Aug 25, 2013, at 11:00 PM, "solsticewooddragon" <tmichelle57@...> wrote:
      >
      > > http://networkedblogs.com/OqDi5
      > >
      > > "It appears that the painting was made for a person who was working with Dee and Kelly's system. It was painted on the inside of a cupboard or meditation room. In the background there appears to be an image of someone summoning something while standing in a magic circle. In otherwords this is not about the alchemist Edward Kelly, but the magician."
      > >
      > > Does anyone have any further information beyond what it says on Nick's blog?
      > >
      > > Thanks!
      > >
      > > LVX,
      > >
      > > Terry

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic