medullary thyroid cancer

  • psamigos
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hello

      My father has medullary thyroid cancer... Unfortunately, since April
      that my father is with a serious severe pain. It started with a
      lombalgy, so doctors though it was some bone disease. After a lot of
      exams and a lot of pills, nothing was solved, no diagnosis... All the
      analysis were ok! All the tomographies, all the X-ray, even a bone
      scintigraphy... All of these exams turned my father in a very healthy
      person... Nevertheless, the severe pain was there and spreading. In
      August my father could hardly move, and in October he couldn't stay
      up more than 2 mins. Only after a MRI the doctor could say what was
      the cause of such pain... A tumor. Where? He could not know, but he
      could see the metastases on the bone marrow and on the spine, so...
      Not a good picture... Only, after that my father could go to the
      Hospital. And believe it or not, only after 2 months the doctor came
      with the final diagnosis: medullary thyroid cancer. Up to know
      nothing was done, only pills for the pain: MST 6 or as everybody call
      it, morphine, 120 mg per day. I am scared. They say my father will
      start with chemiotherapy, but I know that this type of cancer doesn't
      react almost nothing to radiation.

      So, the big question is: what can I do to help him? I am not use to
      Dr. Clark methods...

      And, as I may have the chance to have it also... May I prevent it?

      Thank you for the attention!

      Take care,

      Patricia
    • regehr2001
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2003
        I want to remind every well meaning person on this list, that this is not a place to give medical advice.
        Leo
        Moderator.
        --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, "psamigos" <psamigos@y...> wrote:
        > Hello
        >
        > My father has medullary thyroid cancer... Unfortunately, since April
        > that my father is with a serious severe pain. It started with a
        > lombalgy, so doctors though it was some bone disease. After a lot of
        > exams and a lot of pills, nothing was solved, no diagnosis... All the
        > analysis were ok! All the tomographies, all the X-ray, even a bone
        > scintigraphy... All of these exams turned my father in a very healthy
        > person... Nevertheless, the severe pain was there and spreading. In
        > August my father could hardly move, and in October he couldn't stay
        > up more than 2 mins. Only after a MRI the doctor could say what was
        > the cause of such pain... A tumor. Where? He could not know, but he
        > could see the metastases on the bone marrow and on the spine, so...
        > Not a good picture... Only, after that my father could go to the
        > Hospital. And believe it or not, only after 2 months the doctor came
        > with the final diagnosis: medullary thyroid cancer. Up to know
        > nothing was done, only pills for the pain: MST 6 or as everybody call
        > it, morphine, 120 mg per day. I am scared. They say my father will
        > start with chemiotherapy, but I know that this type of cancer doesn't
        > react almost nothing to radiation.
        >
        > So, the big question is: what can I do to help him? I am not use to
        > Dr. Clark methods...
        >
        > And, as I may have the chance to have it also... May I prevent it?
        >
        > Thank you for the attention!
        >
        > Take care,
        >
        > Patricia
      • V. Richter
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003
          Hi Patricia,

          I'm sorry to hear about your father. It's a scary thing to have a loved one
          diagnosed with cancer. The place for you to start learning about Dr.
          Clark's methods is not on this list, but by reading her books. There's not
          nearly enough time for you to begin learning piecemeal by postings in a
          discussion list in time to help anything with your Father. Learn as much as
          you can as fast as you can and that would be by reading Dr. Clark's books.
          They can be easily found with an internet search. Once you've learned some
          things and put some of them into practice, this is the place to compare
          notes with other people who have put her methods into practice. You can
          tell the results that you got, and we tell the results we got....

          I hope you can find help for your Father fast. It sounds like he's got
          someone who loves him very much and will find what will help him the most -
          that will go a long way toward his recovery.

          Vince

          >From: "regehr2001" <leoelfie@...>
          >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [DrClark] Re: medullary thyroid cancer
          >Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 03:17:02 -0000
          >
          >I want to remind every well meaning person on this list, that this is not a
          >place to give medical advice.
          >Leo
          >Moderator.
          >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          >--- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, "psamigos" <psamigos@y...> wrote:
          > > Hello
          > >
          > > My father has medullary thyroid cancer... Unfortunately, since April
          > > that my father is with a serious severe pain. It started with a
          > > lombalgy, so doctors though it was some bone disease. After a lot of
          > > exams and a lot of pills, nothing was solved, no diagnosis... All the
          > > analysis were ok! All the tomographies, all the X-ray, even a bone
          > > scintigraphy... All of these exams turned my father in a very healthy
          > > person... Nevertheless, the severe pain was there and spreading. In
          > > August my father could hardly move, and in October he couldn't stay
          > > up more than 2 mins. Only after a MRI the doctor could say what was
          > > the cause of such pain... A tumor. Where? He could not know, but he
          > > could see the metastases on the bone marrow and on the spine, so...
          > > Not a good picture... Only, after that my father could go to the
          > > Hospital. And believe it or not, only after 2 months the doctor came
          > > with the final diagnosis: medullary thyroid cancer. Up to know
          > > nothing was done, only pills for the pain: MST 6 or as everybody call
          > > it, morphine, 120 mg per day. I am scared. They say my father will
          > > start with chemiotherapy, but I know that this type of cancer doesn't
          > > react almost nothing to radiation.
          > >
          > > So, the big question is: what can I do to help him? I am not use to
          > > Dr. Clark methods...
          > >
          > > And, as I may have the chance to have it also... May I prevent it?
          > >
          > > Thank you for the attention!
          > >
          > > Take care,
          > >
          > > Patricia

          Gift-shop online from the comfort of home at MSN Shopping! No crowds, free
          parking. http://shopping.msn.com
        • Catherina Kisses
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2003
            Hello, Patricia. The most advice I can give you is to read any one of Dr. Clark's books. You may find the answer you are looking for, or you may find that it is too difficult for your father to go through Dr. Clark's protocols in addition to what the doctors have planned for him. But since you are also facing a similar possibility of having the same disease, it would help to learn more about it, and what options you have. Dr. Clark's self-health protocols are not easy to follow. It truly takes dedication, a lot of reading, and an openness to changing your lifestyle habits.

            If you want to see a list of Dr. Clark's books, with translations, please visit http://www.drclarkbooks.com - you may also read some book excerpts there.

            Take care!
            Cathy

            psamigos <psamigos@...> wrote:
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            Read Testimonials:
            http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=65
            http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=100040
            http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=100004
            http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=292
            http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=286

            Learn more from:
            http://CureZone.com/forums/

            Community email addresses:
            Post message: DrClark@onelist.com
            Subscribe: DrClark-subscribe@onelist.com

            Community URL addresses:
            http://drclarkia.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 16, 2003
              Hi. I do not know what medullary thyroid cancer is, but I presently
              have what my doctor called a thyroid nodule, a thyroid tumor and
              thyroid cancer. I refused surgery in July of 2002. I have been using
              Dr. Clark methods successfully. I still have the growth on my thyroid
              but it has shrunk significantly. The methods are not always easy to
              follow and I have not always been 100% diligent in following all of
              the rules, but I feel that Dr. Clark's methods are helping me win
              this battle with thyroid cancer.

              Sincerely, Diane