Re: [DrClark] Question....Mass input will be very appreciated

  • V. Richter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2003
      I know the feeling :) My wife went to stay with my sister-in-law for 3
      weeks when we had not been married that long. I really missed her, but
      considered it a mission of mercy. My sister-in-Law's surgery was major, and
      we didn't know ahead of time how long it would be. We just played it by
      ear. My wife was able to tell after being there how things were progressing
      and came home when it was ok. I didn't want her to come home to a healthy
      man when a very week woman with two young boys needed help more than I did.
      When my wife finally left, the boys cried because they got used to her
      being there.

      If you and your husband is willing, you could go with the understanding it
      would not be more than two weeks, but if she progresses faster you'll know
      it and come home :)

      That's oine suggestion. I'm sure there are others...

      Vince

      >From: "thunderwoman69" <thunderwoman69@...>
      >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [DrClark] Question....Mass input will be very appreciated
      >Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:10:27 -0000
      >
      >Hi. I have a question. An aquaintance of mine who lives almost 2000
      >miles from me is having her gallbladder removed. She has an 8 month
      >old baby. She can't get friends of family to help her out. I have a
      >3 year old toddler who I would very much hate to take him out of his
      >home and away from his father. She wants us to go out there for 2
      >weeks to help her becuase she told me she won't be able to lift her
      >baby for 2 weeks. Two weeks is an eternity for a toddler and a wife
      >to be gone from their loved father/husband. Her surgery is on a
      >wednesday and her husband will be home from tuesday till Monday.
      >Should I consider this a valid request and go to help or should a 5
      >day recover period be enough for her to be able to lift her baby? It
      >is a laparoscopic surgery btw. Please help!!!!!

    • khepri
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
        thunderwoman69 wrote:
        > Her surgery is on a
        > wednesday and her husband will be home from tuesday till Monday.
        > Should I consider this a valid request and go to help or should a 5
        > day recover period be enough for her to be able to lift her baby? It
        > is a laparoscopic surgery btw. Please help!!!!!

        I may be getting more skeptical in my age, but I believe she should be
        able to "deal" for 8 hours a day with the infant, assuming the husband
        is home after work? Adjustments will have to be made on their part...it
        will be incovenient, but it will work. Sounds like your gut instinct is
        to *not* go? Listen to that....IMHO.

        Khepri, assuming everyone here has had surgery at least once (or
        several)... ;)
      • jedikantra
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
          The drugs she takes in surgery take days to wear off fully, She could
          drop the baby or fall asleep unexpectedly on it. I say help her.