Homemade Yogurt Starter?

  • Dave Shreeve
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 1999
      Hello Everyone,

      I noticed that Dr. Clark recommends using plain yogurt as a
      starter for making homemade yogurt. I dont understand this
      because I would assume that the plain yogurt (bought from the
      store?) would be contaminated with salmonella/shigella, etc. Is the
      idea that it would be an insignificant amount? What might have
      been her idea here?

      Thanks,
      Dave

      PS About myself: I am 33 and have a chronically bloated condition
      (3 years now) with a slight pain at the Y of my rib cage and
      afternoon exhaustion. I am a skinny guy and after some meals the
      bloating (which exists chronically in my lowest abdomen) fills my
      entire abdomen up to my rib cage. I look like a starving person with
      a huge pregnant-like stomach and skinny upper body. Over the
      years I've tried the bowel program, liver cleanses, allergen diets
      (based on the use of a "Vega"-machine (which is very
      synchrometer-like, I thought)), no-wheat diets, no-dairy diets, lots of
      accupuncture, colloidal silver, and of course zapping and the herbal
      parasite program. I've just recently purchased an updated copy of
      Cure for HIV/AIDS and will try the CoQ10 tapeworm treatment and
      once I save some money, I'll buy an ozonator. I'm having a very
      difficult time believing that carrots, tomatoes and wheat grass can be
      bad for you...
      Anyways, I've made some delicious homemade yogurt using
      acidophilus powder as a starter (keeping things sterile is the tough
      part and the secret to good yogurt) and thought it odd that Dr Clark
      recommends using "plain yogurt"---was that your own homemade
      stuff? If so, that begs the question of what to use as the (first)
      starter..

      I also have an engineering background (BSEE) and I have had a
      real hard time trying to understand the "physics"--the theory of how
      the synchrometer might work---the so called "open capacitors" of
      the plates. I wish that there was more information on this
      somewhere or on the theory behind the Dr. Voll machines. It also
      seems to me that all kinds of things could interfere with the
      resonance--like how the wires are layed out on the table, what kinds
      of objects are sitting close by and the electromagnetic interference
      in the room, etc. Still, offering Dr. Clark the benefit of the doubt
      (her credibility was most greatly increased in my mind when her
      liver cleanse worked!) I built one to her specifications and spent
      several days with it. It was clear to me that the tone is too
      dependant upon the applied pressure---it is too easy to change the
      tone by pressing harder or softer. Perhaps I will try to build a tool
      with a pressure sensor which could automatically apply the probe to
      the finger...this is my current idea.
      Glad to have this list!
      -D
    • Path of the White Rose
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 1999
        Dave Wrote;
        "PS About myself: I am 33 and have a chronically bloated condition
        (3 years now) with a slight pain at the Y of my rib cage and
        afternoon exhaustion. I am a skinny guy and after some meals the
        bloating (which exists chronically in my lowest abdomen) fills my
        entire abdomen up to my rib cage. I look like a starving person with
        a huge pregnant-like stomach and skinny upper body. Over the
        years I've tried the bowel program, liver cleanses, allergen diets
        (based on the use of a "Vega"-machine (which is very
        synchrometer-like, I thought)), no-wheat diets, no-dairy diets, lots of
        accupuncture, colloidal silver, and of course zapping and the herbal
        parasite program."

        Dear Dave,
        This sounds very much like myself (except for thin,I am overweight) and
        never heard of anyone else with these same symptoms.
        Did any of the therapies you mentioned help this condition we both suffer?

        Regards,
        Eileen