Re: [DrClark] Re: blackwalnut

  • CB
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
      Dear Jon, each individual and his or her microbes can tolerate so much. It
      may be that the directions on the bottle were toooo much for you. I
      wouldn't hesitate to start at a much lower dose. Even Dr. Clark starts
      people oftentimes on low levels of black walnut and works them up. I
      remember her guarantee that I would experience die off reactions at so many
      drops and I surely did. So go slowly to enable your body to keep up with
      the die off. Take care. CB.

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
        My two cents worth,

        There are alot of people who try to discredit anything and anyone that are associated with "alternatives" , so Leo's "attitude' should not be construed any more than your tone should have been considered as "condescending", or in your words, 'antagonistic".

        Secondly, the herbs are toxic to the bacteria (garlic), parasites (black walnut, wormwood), but are not (for the most part) toxic to us in the sense that medications are, and your post seemed to incinuate.

        In Health,
        Steve
        leo...

        it would seem plainly obvious ... or maybe just common sense that these herbs are IN FACT toxic... otherwise they would not render their desired effects ... which is why we use them in the first place ... RIGHT??? secondly .. I NEVER stated that ANYONE told me to "swallow a bottle of toxic herbs" lets see here....

        "...........To be quite honest it wasn't as though I had some burning desire to swallow a bottle full of toxic herbs ... but ... I'm desperate....."

        .... sounds to me that it was rather self administered by no one other than myself ... this line of questioning seems vaguely antagonistic. but thanks nonetheless for your thoughtful input. ummm you were trying to help ... correct?

        jon.

        --- In DrClark@y..., leoelfie@t... wrote:
        > Jon, how do you conclude the herbs are toxic? Has anyone asked you to
        > "swallow a bottle full" of herbs?
        > Leo
        > ----------------------------------
        > --- In DrClark@y..., jonathonballing@y... wrote:
        > > wow...
        > >
        > > ask and ye shall recieve...???? Thanks for all the helpful posts
        > > hmmm .. ok .. the die off thing ... ummm ... I have read huldas book
        > > front to back .. so I am familiar with it ... but die off after 2
        > > days? its seems more probable that it could possibly merely the
        > toxic
        > > effects of the herbs? ... bottom line... I was taking it because I
        > > was sick of being sick .. not to get even SICKER. Quite frankly, I'm
        > > afraid of compromising my health any further. To be quite honest it
        > > wasn't as though I had some burning desire to swallow a bottle full
        > > of toxic herbs ... but ... I'm desperate. I've had gastritis for
        > > almost 10 years now ... and seemingly ever increasing list of other
        > > symptoms... including now .. inability to sleep. It all really takes
        > > its toll. I jus don't know. Thinking maybe at a later time to maybe
        > > start again at a smaller dosage and work my way up. thanks again.
        > >
        > > jon.

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Small business owners...
        Tell us what you think!
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/H9SolB/TM ---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

      • Foggschool@aol.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
          Jon,

          The blend you spoke of- I am assuming it is not per the specs in the books?
          They are not fresh herbs that you make into capsules, yourself? My
          understanding is that the more processed your product is, in this case, the
          less effective it might be. I am wondering what the effects would have been
          if you had used the recommended doses and combination of fresh herbs?
        • jonathonballing@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
            you are correct... I was contemplating purchasing on line ... I
            inquired in this board actually the effectiveness of capsules vs.
            tincture but got no response at all. So instead, I did purchase from
            other sources.

            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
              steve...

              my post was merely a rebuttal in my own defense... period. my
              words were not meant to be any more offensive than his. I'm only
              seeking "friendly advice" no medical council to engage in some witch
              hunt. Frankly, I have no interest in such matters. I wouldn't be
              posting if I wasn't supportive of these theories to some degree, nor
              do I feel this would be the proper arena for airing dissension. But,
              I do see you point steve. Thanks.

              jon.

              unsubscribe@onelist.com List Archives:

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • Gould018@aol.com
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
                Hi!
                Are you a member of the Dr. Clark Research Association? In the current
                Bulletin, there is an article entitled, Black Walnut Hull Tincture;
                Ensuring Product Quality in the Laboratory. David Amrein, the head of the
                Association writes, "To ensure product quality of our product, we are in
                the process of determining a quantitative method to determine the amount of
                Juglone (the active ingredient) in the preparation, so that we can test the
                different batches of the product."
                Since the potency of the black walnut tincture is so important, I hope
                that this information helps.
                Sally
              • nanannm@juno.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
                  Hi Hulda's folks...

                  I was following quite a strict regimen outlined by Dr. Clark.
                  And improving rapidly, then moved just as rapidly into macrobiotics
                  ...it seemed the next step up. Now, have been delayed by the many
                  negative voices in macrobiotics, and macrobiotic people undoing
                  their own good work, within their own community, with arguments.

                  What to do, what to do...

                  Is anyone here macrobiotic?

                  Cy

                • bigbird3969
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 2, 2001
                    I'm not, but I had a vague interest in watching the show Christina Cooks, as Christina Pirello was one of the most visible advocates, that supposedly beat cancer using this method; but now, the negatives are starting to surface as one of the founders has died after battling cancer, and apparently her daughter passed previously from cancer.

                    <www.mercola.com> has an article in it's most recent addition that gives a brief history of the Kushi's, and their oppinnion that they deprive themselves by limiting protein, and essential fats, so to energize themselves, that they "abuse" caffeine and tobacco, and perhaps other stimulants)!

                    In Health,
                    Steve

                  • leoelfie@telusplanet.net
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 2, 2001
                      I strongly advise you not to take anything you believe is toxic. What
                      proof do you have that the benefits outweigh the risks?