Re: blackwalnut

  • jonathonballing@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 31, 2001
      leo...

      it would seem plainly obvious ... or maybe just common sense that
      these herbs are IN FACT toxic... otherwise they would not render
      their desired effects ... which is why we use them in the first
      place ... RIGHT??? secondly .. I NEVER stated that ANYONE told me
      to "swallow a bottle of toxic herbs" lets see here....

      "...........To be quite honest it wasn't as though I had some
      burning desire to swallow a bottle full of toxic herbs ... but ...
      I'm desperate....."

      .... sounds to me that it was rather self administered by no one
      other than myself ... this line of questioning seems vaguely
      antagonistic. but thanks nonetheless for your thoughtful input. ummm
      you were trying to help ... correct?

      jon.

      --- In DrClark@y..., leoelfie@t... wrote:
      > Jon, how do you conclude the herbs are toxic? Has anyone asked you
      > "swallow a bottle full" of herbs?
      > Leo
      > ----------------------------------
      > --- In DrClark@y..., jonathonballing@y... wrote:
      > > wow...
      > >
      > > ask and ye shall recieve...???? Thanks for all the helpful
      posts
      > > hmmm .. ok .. the die off thing ... ummm ... I have read huldas
      book
      > > front to back .. so I am familiar with it ... but die off after 2
      > > days? its seems more probable that it could possibly merely the
      > toxic
      > > effects of the herbs? ... bottom line... I was taking it because
      > > was sick of being sick .. not to get even SICKER. Quite frankly,
      I'm
      > > afraid of compromising my health any further. To be quite honest
      it
      > > wasn't as though I had some burning desire to swallow a bottle
      full
      > > of toxic herbs ... but ... I'm desperate. I've had gastritis for
      > > almost 10 years now ... and seemingly ever increasing list of
      other
      > > symptoms... including now .. inability to sleep. It all really
      takes
      > > its toll. I jus don't know. Thinking maybe at a later time to
      maybe
      > > start again at a smaller dosage and work my way up. thanks again.
      > >
      > > jon.
    • CB
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
        Dear Jon, each individual and his or her microbes can tolerate so much. It
        may be that the directions on the bottle were toooo much for you. I
        wouldn't hesitate to start at a much lower dose. Even Dr. Clark starts
        people oftentimes on low levels of black walnut and works them up. I
        remember her guarantee that I would experience die off reactions at so many
        drops and I surely did. So go slowly to enable your body to keep up with
        the die off. Take care. CB.

        > it would seem plainly obvious ... or maybe just common sense that
        > these herbs are IN FACT toxic... otherwise they would not render
        > their desired effects ... which is why we use them in the first
        > place ... RIGHT??? secondly .. I NEVER stated that ANYONE told me
        > to "swallow a bottle of toxic herbs" lets see here....
        >
        > "...........To be quite honest it wasn't as though I had some
        > burning desire to swallow a bottle full of toxic herbs ... but ...
        > I'm desperate....."
        >
        > .... sounds to me that it was rather self administered by no one
        > other than myself ... this line of questioning seems vaguely
        > antagonistic. but thanks nonetheless for your thoughtful input. ummm
        > you were trying to help ... correct?
        >
        > jon.
        >

        > --- In DrClark@y..., leoelfie@t... wrote:
        > > Jon, how do you conclude the herbs are toxic? Has anyone asked you
        > > "swallow a bottle full" of herbs?
        > > Leo
        > > ----------------------------------
        > > --- In DrClark@y..., jonathonballing@y... wrote:
        > > > wow...
        > > >
        > > > ask and ye shall recieve...???? Thanks for all the helpful
        > posts
        > > > hmmm .. ok .. the die off thing ... ummm ... I have read huldas
        > book
        > > > front to back .. so I am familiar with it ... but die off after 2
        > > > days? its seems more probable that it could possibly merely the
        > > toxic
        > > > effects of the herbs? ... bottom line... I was taking it because
        > > > was sick of being sick .. not to get even SICKER. Quite frankly,
        > I'm
        > > > afraid of compromising my health any further. To be quite honest
        > it
        > > > wasn't as though I had some burning desire to swallow a bottle
        > full
        > > > of toxic herbs ... but ... I'm desperate. I've had gastritis for
        > > > almost 10 years now ... and seemingly ever increasing list of
        > other
        > > > symptoms... including now .. inability to sleep. It all really
        > takes
        > > > its toll. I jus don't know. Thinking maybe at a later time to
        > maybe
        > > > start again at a smaller dosage and work my way up. thanks again.
        > > >
        > > > jon.
        >

        > Read Testimonials:
        >
        > Learn more from:
        > http://CureZone.com/gallstones/
        > http://home.online.no/~huldakli/
        > http://www.drclark.net/
        > http://CureZone.com
        >
        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: DrClark@onelist.com
        > Subscribe: DrClark-subscribe@onelist.com
        >
        > Community URL addresses:

      • bigbird3969
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
          My two cents worth,

          There are alot of people who try to discredit anything and anyone that are associated with "alternatives" , so Leo's "attitude' should not be construed any more than your tone should have been considered as "condescending", or in your words, 'antagonistic".

          Secondly, the herbs are toxic to the bacteria (garlic), parasites (black walnut, wormwood), but are not (for the most part) toxic to us in the sense that medications are, and your post seemed to incinuate.

          In Health,
          Steve
          leo...

          it would seem plainly obvious ... or maybe just common sense that these herbs are IN FACT toxic... otherwise they would not render their desired effects ... which is why we use them in the first place ... RIGHT??? secondly .. I NEVER stated that ANYONE told me to "swallow a bottle of toxic herbs" lets see here....

          "...........To be quite honest it wasn't as though I had some burning desire to swallow a bottle full of toxic herbs ... but ... I'm desperate....."

          .... sounds to me that it was rather self administered by no one other than myself ... this line of questioning seems vaguely antagonistic. but thanks nonetheless for your thoughtful input. ummm you were trying to help ... correct?

          jon.

          --- In DrClark@y..., leoelfie@t... wrote:
          > Jon, how do you conclude the herbs are toxic? Has anyone asked you to
          > "swallow a bottle full" of herbs?
          > Leo
          > ----------------------------------
          > --- In DrClark@y..., jonathonballing@y... wrote:
          > > wow...
          > >
          > > ask and ye shall recieve...???? Thanks for all the helpful posts
          > > hmmm .. ok .. the die off thing ... ummm ... I have read huldas book
          > > front to back .. so I am familiar with it ... but die off after 2
          > > days? its seems more probable that it could possibly merely the
          > toxic
          > > effects of the herbs? ... bottom line... I was taking it because I
          > > was sick of being sick .. not to get even SICKER. Quite frankly, I'm
          > > afraid of compromising my health any further. To be quite honest it
          > > wasn't as though I had some burning desire to swallow a bottle full
          > > of toxic herbs ... but ... I'm desperate. I've had gastritis for
          > > almost 10 years now ... and seemingly ever increasing list of other
          > > symptoms... including now .. inability to sleep. It all really takes
          > > its toll. I jus don't know. Thinking maybe at a later time to maybe
          > > start again at a smaller dosage and work my way up. thanks again.
          > >
          > > jon.

          ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Small business owners...
          Tell us what you think!
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/H9SolB/TM ---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

        • Foggschool@aol.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
            Jon,

            The blend you spoke of- I am assuming it is not per the specs in the books?
            They are not fresh herbs that you make into capsules, yourself? My
            understanding is that the more processed your product is, in this case, the
            less effective it might be. I am wondering what the effects would have been
            if you had used the recommended doses and combination of fresh herbs?
          • jonathonballing@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
              you are correct... I was contemplating purchasing on line ... I
              inquired in this board actually the effectiveness of capsules vs.
              tincture but got no response at all. So instead, I did purchase from
              other sources.

              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
                steve...

                my post was merely a rebuttal in my own defense... period. my
                words were not meant to be any more offensive than his. I'm only
                seeking "friendly advice" no medical council to engage in some witch
                hunt. Frankly, I have no interest in such matters. I wouldn't be
                posting if I wasn't supportive of these theories to some degree, nor
                do I feel this would be the proper arena for airing dissension. But,
                I do see you point steve. Thanks.

                jon.

                unsubscribe@onelist.com List Archives:

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • Gould018@aol.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
                  Hi!
                  Are you a member of the Dr. Clark Research Association? In the current
                  Bulletin, there is an article entitled, Black Walnut Hull Tincture;
                  Ensuring Product Quality in the Laboratory. David Amrein, the head of the
                  Association writes, "To ensure product quality of our product, we are in
                  the process of determining a quantitative method to determine the amount of
                  Juglone (the active ingredient) in the preparation, so that we can test the
                  different batches of the product."
                  Since the potency of the black walnut tincture is so important, I hope
                  that this information helps.
                  Sally
                • nanannm@juno.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 1, 2001
                    Hi Hulda's folks...

                    I was following quite a strict regimen outlined by Dr. Clark.
                    And improving rapidly, then moved just as rapidly into macrobiotics
                    ...it seemed the next step up. Now, have been delayed by the many
                    negative voices in macrobiotics, and macrobiotic people undoing
                    their own good work, within their own community, with arguments.

                    What to do, what to do...

                    Is anyone here macrobiotic?

                    Cy

                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 2, 2001
                      I'm not, but I had a vague interest in watching the show Christina Cooks, as Christina Pirello was one of the most visible advocates, that supposedly beat cancer using this method; but now, the negatives are starting to surface as one of the founders has died after battling cancer, and apparently her daughter passed previously from cancer.

                      <www.mercola.com> has an article in it's most recent addition that gives a brief history of the Kushi's, and their oppinnion that they deprive themselves by limiting protein, and essential fats, so to energize themselves, that they "abuse" caffeine and tobacco, and perhaps other stimulants)!

                      In Health,
                      Steve

                    • leoelfie@telusplanet.net
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 2, 2001
                        I strongly advise you not to take anything you believe is toxic. What
                        proof do you have that the benefits outweigh the risks?