Re: Re[2]: [DrClark] Woofie (was Re: Nephew the Dentist)

  • Joanie MacPhee
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
      Hiya, Woofie~

      Yep, plant lady, but I am best with wild plants and those growing here in
      New England,
      but I am called upon (by the local University Extension Service) sometimes
      to identify
      all sorts of plants...so let me know what you are having problems with~~

      >Plant lady, eh? Remind me to write you privately about some plants I
      >am having trouble identifying...

      Euphorbia canariensis is a new one to me...but I know other Euphorbias, from
      the weeds in my back yard that look like miniature clovers (but have the
      white juice) to the cactus-look alikes in the desert southwestern US....

      >I am talking about garden plants and
      >flowers!! It took me ages to identify Euphorbia canariensis, which I
      >bought in a pot from our veggie shop..now I find it is going to grow
      >60 feet high..LOL!

      yep....what you say below describes me, too, though on most lists (I scan
      through at least 50), I end up teaching as least as much as learning....but
      I have learned online an enormous amount of information on alternative
      medicine that ties up a lot of holes in the book and class knowledge I have
      been acquiring since the 60's...and I incorporate a lot of this into the
      plant classes I am always teaching

      >I know this may come as a surprise, but some of us so called
      >"skeptics", actually joined this list to learn about new things..not
      >to go round trashing members of the list!!!
      >
      >If we ask for evidence, from scientific peer produced reviews and
      >papers etc, we are actually being genuine in asking. It is what we
      >would ask any proponent of a new therapy or whatever..it is not meant
      >as an attack.

      Right.

      >I honestly do not understand why some folks think that asking
      >questions is a form of attack?? If you do not ask questions how can
      >you find answers?

      Right, though I have an aunt who is like this too..I do not quite understand
      her, either...
      But she has been stuck at home for 20 years doing nothing but taking care of
      her quadriplegic son...so I figure in her case, it is because she does not
      get out and communicate with anyone...in her case, it is because she lives
      in a tiny world, has created her own reality, a somewhat fragile one, and
      does not want to have any
      doubts cast upon that...so takes the most innocent criticism as a threat.

      >If I say I am automatically suspicious of anyone who uses one the
      >anonymous email clients, I am saying that I am equally suspicious of
      >everyone who uses such an account. I am much more liable to take a
      >person as genuine if they are upfront with me and do not hide behind
      >anon email accounts.

      I probably should be hiding behind an email account like that, as I lost my
      house in a very suspicious fire after years of threats, and 6 days after i
      told the local police my house was going to be burned down in a week or so
      (I was the local environmental law enforcement person), and the
      people who I believe to be responsible for this, are still out there and I
      still feel threatened by them.
      So I might do better by being anonymous. But I am much too outspoken to
      ever
      hide behind anonymity...

      >Foggs accuses me of being unkind to Jan Bolen, simply because I
      >queried if the person using that anon email account actually was Jan
      >Bolen, or if such a person really exists. How does anyone know who
      >actually operates the account, jurimed@...? It could be any Tom,
      >Dick or Harriet. Now, I am not just picking on the owner of this
      >account, but giving an example from the opposite side of the fence, in
      >comparison to someone like the Tri character, for example. You cannot
      >question one person for having an anon email account without
      >questioning others.

      Yes...I am on some lists...one on aromatherapy comes to mind...that have
      major flamewars over this...it is so easy to say the most outrageous and
      attack-dog things behind an identity that is impossible to verify...and
      anyone anywhere can take on anyone else's name on one of these accounts...I
      know another woman with my name who also writes about herbs, who few can
      distinguish from me, even though we spell our names a bit
      differently...luckily I agree with her opinions...but anyone could "use" my
      name and say outrageous things...skepticism is healthy on this medium.

      >And what do I think of paul Lee's posts? Well..I sometimes do not
      >agree with his method of presentation and sometimes I do not agree
      >with his content, but at least he does not pretend to be someone he is
      >not and I know that he is a real person. And besides..I want to keep
      >on the good side of him so that he will give me a massage when I visit
      >the land of some of forebears, ie Denmark, next *big grin*.

      Cannot disagree with this....though can say I have not read through all his
      posts,
      as it is not really new material...I tend to set thing aside to read thru
      "later".... ;-)

      Well, gotta go...Joanie

      >W:)
    • Tim and Jan Bolen
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
        Tim and I have had our jurimed e-mail account (the
        name of our business is JuriMed - For "Jurisprudence
        in Medicine") longer than we have had the computers to
        access the internet. I joined the list about a year
        ago, there are quite a few people who know who we are,
        whether you do or not is not important.

        I was sitting next to Jan Drew in a courtroom in
        Indiana in support of Dr. Clark at the same time
        people on the Healthfraud list were trying to
        desseminate the false information that Dr. Clark was
        having to go into a hospital to have surgery for
        breast cancer. I have seen too much nastiness and too
        many dirty tricks to take kindly to the postings of
        those who would like to disrupt this list.

        Jan Bolen

        http://shopping.yahoo.com/
      • jalyons@excelonline.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
          --- In DrClark@egroups.com, Tim and Jan Bolen <jurimed@y...> wrote:

          > I was sitting next to Jan Drew in a courtroom in
          > Indiana in support of Dr. Clark at the same time
          > people on the Healthfraud list were trying to
          > desseminate the false information that Dr. Clark was
          > having to go into a hospital to have surgery for
          > breast cancer.

          Who?

          JALyons
        • JDrew63929@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
            > --- In DrClark@egroups.com, Tim and Jan Bolen <jurimed@y...> wrote:
            >
            > > I was sitting next to Jan Drew in a courtroom in
            > > Indiana in support of Dr. Clark at the same time
            > > people on the Healthfraud list were trying to
            > > desseminate the false information that Dr. Clark was
            > > having to go into a hospital to have surgery for
            > > breast cancer.
            >
            > Who?
            >
            > JALyons

            Where did you get this post? In the archives? I don't remember it.

            Who? Do you mean who were the people from the Healthfraud list, or who is Jan
            Drew?

            If it is the latter, that would be me.

            Jan