Re: [DrClark] Re: Arm & Hammer Products

  • Thomas Parker
    Message 1 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
      I agree on the Borax....your mention of sea salt brings up a memory of Dr.
      Clark finding benzene on me....it was so slight and hard to tell if there or
      not.... to make a long story short, we finally found it in ORGANIC SEA SALT
      lol from Jimbo's naturally health store.... I switched to Self Health's lab
      grade salt immediately lol...I used just a tiny pinch of salt here and there
      and only on a few days of the week so it was VERY hard to track down....

      >From: Marlene <xander95608@...>
      >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [DrClark] Re: Arm & Hammer Products
      >Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:03:17 -0800 (PST)
      >
      >I don't think you need to worry too much about Borax. (I think our food &
      >air is more polluted than Borax). In the 1950's it was advertised on T.V.as
      >being 99% pure if I recall right. I think it also said so on the box my
      >mom always bought, which back then I think was black and white. The box
      >has changed and I just read mine... no mention of 99%pure anymore. the
      >town of Boron is in the middle of nowhere.... desert, but there is white
      >powder everywhere, open to elements (air pollution, diesel belched from the
      >nearby hiway traffic). Since it is mined, the other 1% perhaps is just
      >organic stuff that gets in it. As our planet gets more and more polluted,
      >I have to wonder if smog from the cities wafts out there to the desert.
      >(between Bakersfield, which is growing fast and large... and Las Vegas,
      >also in a building boom). I believe the mineral itself is called Boron,
      >and Borax is the name after processing. I think there is a powdered hand
      >soap called Boraxo, we used to
      > use that too, in the bathroom. I have no idea about any bulk buying,
      >except Winco has bins of stuff you could try. No brand labels on the bulk
      >items though, source unknown. Sea salt is cheap there .16/lb
      >
      >houyhnhnm10 <howland@...> wrote: Happy Day Everyone,
      >

      >Does anyone know where to order it in bulk cheaper than that? I am
      >also interested in ordering citric acid bulk because I use so much to
      >rinse my hair.
      >
      >If I can find these chemicals in bulk, am I looking for USP grade or
      >something else? I'd appreciate input, if there is anyone out there
      >who orders baking soda or citric acid.
      >
      >Regarding Borax, I note that drclarkstore.com sells 20 Mule Team,
      >which I buy locally. Marlene, I understood you to indicate that
      >there might be variation in the source of this product. I had just
      >assumed since I was using 20 Mule Team, I had pure borax. Do I need
      >to rethink this too?

    • Midge Dempsey
      Message 2 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
        So what do you all use Borax for?

        Message 3 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
          I've always used it as a laundry product, it brightens clothes and cleans. I also use it to clean carpets & upholstery along with Baking soda. (be sure to rinse out the nozzels good though, cuz the crystals build up and will clog them).

          Midge Dempsey <midge130@...> wrote: So what do you all use Borax for?

        • Thomas Parker
          Message 4 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
            wash clothes, clean the house as you would normally use COMET for
            example...cleaning the bathroom fixtures, kitchen counter tops, etc etc the
            sink... I even throw it on the floor and use a mop to really get the floors
            clean or use it just in the mop water if you want lesser strength and no
            scratching maybe....USE IT FOR EVERYTHING! Remember that's all you got to
            clean with that's decent ---lol

            Message 5 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
              be careful not to use too much of it in carpets if you have a hepa filter on
              your machine --- it will make it not work....remember though that carpets
              are one of the WORSE things you can live with....get RID of it and use
              hardwoods or tile or whatever.....that will be a REAL relief believe
              me....it CLEARS the air....

              >From: Marlene <xander95608@...>
              >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [DrClark] Re: Arm & Hammer Products
              >Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:18:33 -0800 (PST)
              >
              >I've always used it as a laundry product, it brightens clothes and cleans.
              >I also use it to clean carpets & upholstery along with Baking soda. (be
              >sure to rinse out the nozzels good though, cuz the crystals build up and
              >will clog them).
              >
              >Midge Dempsey <midge130@...> wrote: So what do you all use Borax for?

              age, and price. Try it!
            • houyhnhnm10
              Message 6 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
                Hi Midge,
                I mix 1 tsp/cup very hot water and make both body soap and shampoo.
                I put 1/2 cup into the washing machine as my laundry detergent.
                I put 2 tsp into my dishwasher as detergent.
                and I scrub sinks with it.
                -Lori

                --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, "Midge Dempsey" <midge130@...> wrote:

                > So what do you all use Borax for?
              • Marlene
                Message 7 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
                  I just remembered that Boron is used for treating joint pain. I've got some tablets I take occasionally.

                  Thomas Parker <tparker7600@...> wrote: wash clothes, clean the house as you would normally use COMET for

                  Message 8 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
                    I rent a duplex, landlord just replaced my carpets and I'm in a new 1 yr lease. I don't have a hepa filter. I use ionizers to filter my air. I like the Sharper Image Quadra best of all my machines. They've got some better ones now that also kill germs and viruses.

                    I do housecleaning for an elderly lady and she dribbles on her way to the bathroom so her carpet gets pretty wretched. I use Borax instead of carpet shampoo, and baking soda. If it's really bad, I spray the carpet with white vinegar first. After I'm done she sprays "Febreeze" the perfumey stuff. She should have her carpet removed, but she wants it for warmth and traction as well as a soft place to fall.

                    Thomas Parker <tparker7600@...> wrote:
                    be careful not to use too much of it in carpets if you have a hepa filter on
                    your machine --- it will make it not work....remember though that carpets
                    are one of the WORSE things you can live with....get RID of it and use
                    hardwoods or tile or whatever.....that will be a REAL relief believe
                    me....it CLEARS the air....

                    >From: Marlene
                    >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [DrClark] Re: Arm & Hammer Products
                    >Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 08:18:33 -0800 (PST)
                    >
                    >I've always used it as a laundry product, it brightens clothes and cleans.
                    >I also use it to clean carpets & upholstery along with Baking soda. (be
                    >sure to rinse out the nozzels good though, cuz the crystals build up and
                    >will clog them).
                    >
                    >Midge Dempsey wrote: So what do you all use Borax for?

                  • Thomas Parker
                    Message 9 of 26 , Dec 6, 2006
                      I am speaking of a hepa filter in you vaccum cleaner...the borax is grainy
                      and clogs up the machines do not make it ANY stronger than Dr. Clark's
                      recipe...get out of your lease lol or at the very least look for an apt with
                      lineoleum next year lol....of everything that Dr. Clark says my all time
                      favorite is one of the last paragraphs of one of her books (forgotten which
                      one) on the last page and it says "The best kind of house is NO house at
                      ALL". If you are really sick then you have to be off from your job anyway
                      and go to WHATEVER climate that you could be happy in outside lol.... Mexico
                      or somewhere like that at this time of year I guess.....and another point to
                      the story the way I interpet it is to make your home as close to the outside
                      as possible....get rid of junk, pull up carpet, get rid of fabric drapes,
                      etc etc etc...and of course you know that you are BREATHING chemicals 24
                      hours a day 7 days a week if you have any of those products in your
                      home....for example it is one thing to use CLOROX in your laundry but you
                      are adding it to your lifestyle even more if you leave it in the house 24/7
                      then you are breathing it 24/7.... if I were going to use it, I would sit it
                      in the back yard or something when I finished with it (for example if you
                      used it in the toilet bowl as Dr. Clark allows) you never bring the bottle
                      in the house.... I use 35 percent hydrogen peroxide however and won't even
                      buy CLOROX....

                      Message 10 of 26 , Dec 7, 2006
                        I thought of the vacuum after I sent my email. oh well. Nah don't have a hepa filter on vacuum either. The elderly lady has an antique vacuum and mine is just a regular Sears canister. I don't vacuum very often. I'm not sick yet but just working on my liver, which I think still has more stones in it.

                        Thomas Parker <tparker7600@...> wrote: I am speaking of a hepa filter in you vaccum cleaner...the borax is grainy

                        Message 11 of 26 , Dec 7, 2006
                          Go on the liver herbs routine Dr. Clark tells you about from San Francisco
                          Herb Company... I don't think Jeff sells them anymore....or at the very
                          least MILK THISTLE which is a part of those herbs....that company is great
                          and they are fresh and kosher processed ( which as you know Dr. Clark says
                          usually they use newer better conveyor belts etc etc that eliminates such
                          stuff as fiberglass or whatever is in the belts.....

                          >From: Marlene <xander95608@...>
                          >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
                          >Subject: Re: [DrClark] Re: Arm & Hammer Products
                          >Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 07:10:30 -0800 (PST)
                          >
                          >I thought of the vacuum after I sent my email. oh well. Nah don't have a
                          >hepa filter on vacuum either. The elderly lady has an antique vacuum and
                          >mine is just a regular Sears canister. I don't vacuum very often. I'm not
                          >sick yet but just working on my liver, which I think still has more stones
                          >in it.
                          >
                          >Thomas Parker <tparker7600@...> wrote: I am speaking of a hepa
                          >filter in you vaccum cleaner...the borax is grainy
                          >and clogs up the machines do not make it ANY stronger than Dr. Clark's
                          >recipe...

                        • Reysean Warren
                          Message 12 of 26 , Dec 7, 2006
                            Hello Thomas,

                            I was just reading your message. I just order some kidney and liver cleanse formula from The San Francisco Herb Company. Do you know directions on how to prepare the herbs? They come with no directions what so ever..

                            Reysean

                            Thomas Parker <tparker7600@...> wrote: Go on the liver herbs routine Dr. Clark tells you about from San Francisco
                            Herb Company... I don't think Jeff sells them anymore....or at the very
                            least MILK THISTLE which is a part of those herbs....that company is great
                            and they are fresh and kosher processed ( which as you know Dr. Clark says
                            usually they use newer better conveyor belts etc etc that eliminates such
                            stuff as fiberglass or whatever is in the belts.....

                            >From: Marlene
                            >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
                            >Subject: Re: [DrClark] Re: Arm & Hammer Products
                            >Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 07:10:30 -0800 (PST)
                            >
                            >I thought of the vacuum after I sent my email. oh well. Nah don't have a
                            >hepa filter on vacuum either. The elderly lady has an antique vacuum and
                            >mine is just a regular Sears canister. I don't vacuum very often. I'm not
                            >sick yet but just working on my liver, which I think still has more stones
                            >in it.
                            >
                            >Thomas Parker wrote: I am speaking of a hepa
                            >filter in you vaccum cleaner...the borax is grainy
                            >and clogs up the machines do not make it ANY stronger than Dr. Clark's
                            >recipe...

                            All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial!

                            Message 13 of 26 , Dec 7, 2006
                              do you have dr clarks book they are in there.... if not I will quote you
                              exactly but in general it is boil them covered- in corningware of course-
                              and let sit for 8 hrs and chill half and freeze half if you make up the full
                              formula she says.... I hope you are using separate herbs as she is calling
                              for and not some of their concocktion lol if so I have no earthly idea how
                              you would prepare them.... I of course use my quality water that I make for
                              the water to boil them in....