Disability

  • Midge Dempsey
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 4, 2006
      Hey Group,

      My son has a reading and writing disability. He's in the 5th grade and is
      reading/writing at 2nd grade level. He's progressing, but slow. He has no
      problem with math. Do you think that this could be from maybe mercury
      poisoning (from vaccines), or some type of metal poisoning? People keep
      telling me that this is the way he is and live with it, but in the back of
      my mind I keep thinking that there's a reason he's like this and that there
      s a cure. What do you all think?

      Thanks,

      Midge

    • fcunsrial@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 4, 2006
        Midge,
        A hair analysis should run you $70. Find a professional in your area and have it done right away.
        Check also his diet and remove all processed foods and sugars. Make sure he drinks plenty of water not sodas.
        Does he sleep and digest well? Any allergies? How is he performing in social studies? Is he a loner?
        Keep in touch
        Frank
        My son has a reading and writing disability. He's in the 5th grade and is
        reading/writing at 2nd grade level. He's progressing, but slow. He has no
        problem with math. Do you think that this could be from maybe mercury
        poisoning (from vaccines), or some type of metal poisoning? People keep
        telling me that this is the way he is and live with it, but in the back of
        my mind I keep thinking that there's a reason he's like this and that there
        s a cure. What do you all think?

        Thanks,

        Midge

        Read Testimonials:
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=65
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=100040
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=100004
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=292
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=286

        Learn more from:
        http://CureZone.com/forums/

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: DrClark@onelist.com
        Subscribe: DrClark-subscribe@onelist.com

        Community URL addresses:
        http://drclarkia.com

      • Marlene
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 4, 2006
          He may have some excess metals. A lot of kids due. My son is in 6th grade, he reads and writes well but is in 3rd grade math and 4th grade most other subjects. He is autistic, but he has some social skills and plays with kids, just not appropriately. I think Frank is looking at possibility of autism spectrum disorder. Kids on the spectrum may excel in one or 2 subjects, even to the point of being savant (genius), but failing in others. If he is socially awkward or has sensory issues such as toe walking, hand flapping, spinning or spacing out, holding his ears, intense obsession of one particular thing or subject, then you might have him assessed by a neurologist to rule out autism or Asperger's syndrome. Otherwise, I think he just might have problems with reading and writing and could use a tutor, as well as plenty of sleep and a good diet. And use the zapper for parasites if you haven't already. Supplement with DMG, a sublingual tablet that will boost oxygen in the
          brain. Give him EFAs this also helps. My grandma gave me cod liver oil once a month, which may have helped me learn after my brain tumor was removed. I seem fine now..

          fcunsrial@... wrote: Midge,
[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Diane Mackey
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 4, 2006
            Midge,

            I always have to ask myself, why some children become autistic and some
            do not yet they have had the same vaccines. What are the symptoms of
            those who are in between these two extremes? This sounds like your son.

            We could all take guesses at what your son's problem could be, but it
            would be best if you find an ND or doctor who will do heavy metal
            testing on your son to see if he has an issue with lead, mercury or
            aluminum. Parasites can live in the brain too, so it is best to follow
            Dr. Clark's parasite cleansing program to the letter to see if that
            helps, because it never harms. I also think doing the colon and liver
            cleanses will help to clean out any toxins he may be dealing with in his
            body that could feeding pathogens. And don't rule out candida either,
            because it causes severe brain fog.

            Diet and food allergies can be a major cause of brain fog as well.
            Please be sure he is not eating chemical laden foods made of sugars and
            wheat flours. This is the hardest to determine because symptoms are not
            always prominent. Good quality protein from clean fish, and organic
            fowl, fruits and veggies, should make up his diet. Just watch for
            changes based on what he eats.

            There is also a product called PCA-Rx by Maxam Labs that people have
            used successfully on children for heavy metal cleansing, and they also
            have a home test kit. http://ssl.maxamlabs.com/MAXAM_ASP_Home.asp I
            have never used their products, but have read in another forum that they
            are very effective.

            Good luck and keep us posted.

            Diane

            Midge Dempsey wrote:

            >Hey Group,
            >
            >My son has a reading and writing disability. He's in the 5th grade and is
            >reading/writing at 2nd grade level. He's progressing, but slow. He has no
            >problem with math. Do you think that this could be from maybe mercury
            >poisoning (from vaccines), or some type of metal poisoning? People keep
            >telling me that this is the way he is and live with it, but in the back of
            >my mind I keep thinking that there's a reason he's like this and that there
            >s a cure. What do you all think?
            >

            >Thanks,
            >
            >Midge

          • Midge Dempsey
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 4, 2006
              Frank,

              His diet is a problem. Both grandmas give him whatever he wants. All he
              wants is processed stuff, I do cut up fresh fruit every day for him. He
              sleeps well. I guess he digests well, he goes bm every day. He does have 3
              food intolerants: milk, soy, & eggs.

              Well, I have to read all his social studies and science to him, and even
              then he's slow at 'getting it'. No, he's not a loner, he's very shy though.

              Thanks Frank for your great response,

              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 4, 2006
                Marlene,

                No, he doesn't toe walk, hand flap, spinning or spaced out, holding his ears
                obsessions, none of these types of things.

                What is DMG?

                We do give him EFA's.

                Thank you for a great response!

                Midge

                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 4, 2006
                  One of the parts of the puzzle, is that Tylenol (acetominaphen) depletes Glutethione from the liver, which is a necessary amino acid that naturally flushes mercury out. Some parents (with pediatricians suggestions) gave Tylenol to the kids before going to the clinic for shots, as a pre-emptive protection from fever and swelling. Now we know that was bad advice. With no glutethione in the liver, the mercury stuck in the body and circulated around. Mercury will stay in the blood 6 weeks then attaches to an organ, including brain and small intestine (where it causes leaky gut and a whole host of problems, which is why GFCF diets are helping). <gluten & dairy free>

                  Diane Mackey <dmackey00@...> wrote: Midge,

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 5, 2006
                      Try EFT. It might help and is easy to learn and free if you
                      download the manual at www.emofree.com.

                      You can also buy the DVD course or visit a local practioner if you
                      can find one if you don't understand it. I actually won a free
                      session as a door prize and then learned it myself. It's not very
                      hard to do and kids like it too. It's also not time consuming which
                      is nice.

                      Sharon

                      --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, "Midge Dempsey" <midge130@...> wrote:

                      > Hey Group,
                      >
                      > My son has a reading and writing disability. He's in the 5th grade
                      and is
                      > reading/writing at 2nd grade level. He's progressing, but slow. He
                      has no
                      > problem with math. Do you think that this could be from maybe
                      mercury
                      > poisoning (from vaccines), or some type of metal poisoning? People
                      keep
                      > telling me that this is the way he is and live with it, but in the
                      back of
                      > my mind I keep thinking that there's a reason he's like this and
                      that there
                      > s a cure. What do you all think?
                      >

                      > Thanks,
                      >
                      > Midge

                    • lornabeaverman
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 5, 2006
                        Hi Midge:

                        I would also recommend heavy metal testing. On my kids, I did hair
                        tests, blood tests, and urine tests. Here is a link to a ton of
                        info. on these tests. It jumps right into a discussion about hair
                        testing but if you read on, it has just about everything you need to
                        know:
                        http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html#get_hair_test

                        One of the many areas heavy metal toxicity can affect is visual
                        processing. If his vision is affected, it may very well explain his
                        difficulty reading. Here is some info on visual processing:
                        http://www.autism.org/interview/kaplan.html

                        My advice concerning the people that say "that's just how he is,
                        accept it" is to ignore them. Clearly you see a problem and I think
                        it's right for you to try to help your son. None of my friends or
                        family supported my efforts to help my autistic children (nor did my
                        husband for that matter) and now they are recovering tremendously.
                        If autistic children can recover, kids with more minor ailments are
                        certainly able to be helped.

                        I would highly recommend Nordic Naturals cod liver oil (it's been
                        certified mercury free). It's amazing for the eyes among many other
                        things.

                        A child doesnt have to present as autistic to have mercury or other
                        heavy metal issues. I would definitely get the heavy metal testing
                        done.

                        Good luck,
                        Lorna

                        --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, "Midge Dempsey" <midge130@...> wrote:

                        > Hey Group,
                        >
                        > My son has a reading and writing disability. He's in the 5th grade
                        and is
                        > reading/writing at 2nd grade level. He's progressing, but slow. He
                        has no
                        > problem with math. Do you think that this could be from maybe
                        mercury
                        > poisoning (from vaccines), or some type of metal poisoning? People
                        keep
                        > telling me that this is the way he is and live with it, but in the
                        back of
                        > my mind I keep thinking that there's a reason he's like this and
                        that there
                        > s a cure. What do you all think?
                        >

                        > Thanks,
                        >
                        > Midge

                      • Marlene
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 5, 2006
                          Dr Stephanie Cave was doing mercury tests and finding very little in hair testing, less than in normal children which at first seemed puzzling. This is because the mercury was not flushing out like it should but sticking to organs. When these same children testing negative for mercury began chelation therapy, then the mercury came out and further testing detected the excretion. So for it to be excreted, you have to do some chelation. there are natural chelators, like cilantro (chinese parsley) that work slow but this is safer. Glutethione supplements in pill form are largely destroyed in the stomach, so transdermal cream or IV is the best way to get it in the body.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 5, 2006
                            --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, Marlene <xander95608@...> wrote:

                            > Dr Stephanie Cave was doing mercury tests and finding very little in
                            hair testing, less than in normal children which at first seemed
                            puzzling. This is because the mercury was not flushing out like it
                            should but sticking to organs.

                            >>>All of this is explained thoroughly in the link I provided Midge.
                            Thanks,
                            Lorna
                          • Linda Evans
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 6, 2006
                              Hi Midge:
                              I have some ideas! one work on fonics with him every day. If he can learn to read, even if he does it slowly, he will be fine. I have helped some children with reading and find that persisting on a daily basis pays off! You need patience or a tutor, but fonics is the key! Get him tested for learning disabilities Check into neurofeedback they can tell which part of the brain is affected with a brainmap . See if it is the one that controls language or visual perseption. You could do a heavy metal test. Make sure he eats vegies and fruit. Thank God, he is ok with math and find something that he is pretty good at and focus on that too.
                              Good luck!
                              linda

[...]

                              Health and wellness Health wellness product Health and wellness program Health promotion and wellness Health and wellness promotion Dr hulda clark