Borax

  • Deb
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 4, 2006
      You may remember that I mentioned the difficulty in obtaining things
      in Australia? Well, one such thing is, believe it or not, Borax. I did
      find "Harper's Powdered Borax" but the price/size (about $6/lb.) leads
      me to believe that it may be a different concentration than the
      20-mule team stuff. It says powdered but it looks a bit
      shiny/crystally. The label reads: ASSAY: 99% MIN. BORAX." Can anyone
      clarify this? (It says it's an imported product, packed in Australia).
      Thanks in advance. Oh, and thanks for your personal insight on the
      cookware debate. I'm tossing up whether or not to get stainless steel.
      Budget is always an issue but rates second against health.
    • Laurence
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 5, 2006
        Borax is readily availiable from pharmacies in Oz.
        Laurence
        You may remember that I mentioned the difficulty in obtaining things
        in Australia? Well, one such thing is, believe it or not, Borax. I did
        find "Harper's Powdered Borax" but the price/size (about $6/lb.) leads
        me to believe that it may be a different concentration than the
        20-mule team stuff. It says powdered but it looks a bit
        shiny/crystally. The label reads: ASSAY: 99% MIN. BORAX." Can anyone
        clarify this? (It says it's an imported product, packed in Australia).
        Thanks in advance. Oh, and thanks for your personal insight on the
        cookware debate. I'm tossing up whether or not to get stainless steel.
        Budget is always an issue but rates second against health.

        Read Testimonials:
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=65
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=100040
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=100004
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=292
        http://CureZone.com/forums/f.asp?f=286

        Learn more from:
        http://CureZone.com/forums/

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: DrClark@onelist.com
        Subscribe: DrClark-subscribe@onelist.com

        Community URL addresses:
        http://drclarkia.com

        Health promotion and wellness Health and wellness promotion Dr hulda clark

      • Deb
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 6, 2006
          Thank you, Laurence, for taking the time to reply. I think you may
          have misunderstood me. As I previously stated, I did find "Borax", in
          the grocery store nonetheless, but due to size/price variance I am
          wondering if it is somehow different to "20 mule team" Borax. While
          things ARE more expensive here, I can't believe there would be that
          much discrepancy in price. I thought perhaps it may be a stronger
          concentration. That being the case, I would have to adjust Dr. Clark's
          recipes accordingly. That's basically all I was trying to work out.

          > Borax is readily availiable from pharmacies in Oz.
          > Laurence

          <snip>
        • Thomas Parker
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 6, 2006
            You are right ..... it is cheaper to order Borax from USA ..... I had
            friends send it to me when I was in Australia.... its less than $3.00 for a
            large box

            >From: "Deb" <debwilkes2@...>
            >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [DrClark] Re: Borax
            >Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:17:30 -0000
            >
            >Thank you, Laurence, for taking the time to reply. I think you may
            >have misunderstood me. As I previously stated, I did find "Borax", in
            >the grocery store nonetheless, but due to size/price variance I am
            >wondering if it is somehow different to "20 mule team" Borax. While
            >things ARE more expensive here, I can't believe there would be that
            >much discrepancy in price. I thought perhaps it may be a stronger
            >concentration. That being the case, I would have to adjust Dr. Clark's
            >recipes accordingly. That's basically all I was trying to work out.

          • moshe_40505
            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 21, 2007
              I have fourn Borax and wild oats and the cooap store here in Ky. and
              at the health foor stores. I thank they have it at krogers also.
            • snafflesnshelties
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 22, 2007
                I sprinkle Borax on the carpets if my dogs show up with fleas.
              • Ken Bagwell
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 22, 2007
                  Are you sure boraxis the one to use? I swear it was boric acid that
                  one is supposed to use, not Borax.

                  ?

                  -Ken Bagwell

                  --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, snafflesnshelties <snaffles@...> wrote:

                  > I sprinkle Borax on the carpets if my dogs show up with fleas.

                • Diane Mackey
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 22, 2007
                    Nope. It is borax for cleaning the house, doing dishes, laundry, and washing your hair.

                    Diane

                    Are you sure boraxis the one to use? I swear it was boric acid that
                    one is supposed to use, not Borax.

                    ?

                    -Ken Bagwell

                    --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, snafflesnshelties <snaffles@...> wrote:

                    > I sprinkle Borax on the carpets if my dogs show up with fleas.

                  • Midge Dempsey
                    Message 9 of 16 , Apr 3 6:41 AM
                      Do you know if you can use Borax in the front loading washers that say to only use HE detergent. I've looked on the box but it doesn't say. Is Borax also a softener, or do I need to use something else?

                    • tv p
                      Message 10 of 16 , Apr 3 7:01 AM
                        you cant use softeners according to dr clark...I use it in my maytag neptune
                        front loader and it works great

                        >From: "Midge Dempsey" <midge130@...>
                        >To: <DrClark@yahoogroups.com>
                        >Subject: [DrClark] Borax
                        >Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 09:41:14 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
                        >
                        >Do you know if you can use Borax in the front loading washers that say to
                        >only use HE detergent. I've looked on the box but it doesn't say. Is Borax
                        >also a softener, or do I need to use something else?

                      • jean g
                        Message 11 of 16 , Apr 3 7:29 AM
                          does anyone on this list do raw foods? i'd like to
                          hear about your experience if so. thanks, Jean

                          Finding fabulous fares is fun.
                        • slkycaldwell
                          Message 12 of 16 , Apr 3 7:20 PM
                            My understanding is that they are one and the same.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Apr 4 5:09 AM
                              your box will say 20 MULE TEAM BORAX its from the DIAL corporation
                              1-800-457-8739...call that number to find your local BORAX supplier etc and
                              with any questions....it is BORAX customer service number

                              >From: "slkycaldwell" <alexj88@...>
                              >To: DrClark@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: [DrClark] Re: Borax
                              >Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 02:20:45 -0000
                              >
                              >My understanding is that they are one and the same.
                              >

                              >--- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Bagwell" <kenancy2000@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Are you sure boraxis the one to use? I swear it was boric acid that
                              > > one is supposed to use, not Borax.
                              > >
                              > > ?
                              > >
                              > > -Ken Bagwell
                              > >

                              > > --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, snafflesnshelties <snaffles@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > I sprinkle Borax on the carpets if my dogs show up with fleas.

                              Interest Rates Fall Again! $430,000 Mortgage for $1,399/mo - Calculate new
                              payment
                              http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18679&moid=7581
                            • Arthur Doerksen
                              Message 14 of 16 , Apr 4 1:57 PM
                                Boric acid is an acid, while Borax is the natural mineral salt mined in Death Valley, with the formula sodium tetraborate decahydrate. Quite different, I believe.

                                Here is the MSDS info from www.Borax.com Looks pretty safe to me. We have used it safely for years, and I feel it helped me get rid of cancer by being a safe cleaning alternative. We now use liquid castile soap from www.vermontsoap.com. Very pure and hypoallergenic, as well as very cheap at only $99 US for 5 gallons of concentrate which we dilute 2 or 3 to one.
                                "Emergency overview

                                Borax is a white, odorless, powder substance that is not flammable, combustible, or explosive and has low acute oral and dermal toxicity.

                                Potential ecological effects

                                Large amounts of Borax can be harmful to plants and other species. Therefore, releases to the environment should be minimized.

                                Potential health effects

                                Routes of exposure: Inhalation is the most significant route of exposure in occupational and other settings. Dermal exposure is not usually a concern because Borax is poorly absorbed through intact skin.

                                Inhalation: Occasional mild irritation effects to the nose and throat may occur from inhalation of Borax dust at levels greater than 10 mg/m3.

                                Eye contact: Borax is non-irritating to the eyes in normal industrial use.

                                Skin contact: Borax does not cause irritation to intact skin.

                                Ingestion: Products containing Borax are not intended for ingestion. Borax has a low acute toxicity. Small amounts (e.g., a teaspoon) swallowed accidentally are not likely to cause effects; swallowing amounts larger than that may cause gastrointestinal symptoms.

                                Cancer: Borax is not a known carcinogen.

                                Reproductive/developmental: Animal ingestion studies in several species, at high doses, indicate that borates cause reproductive and developmental effects. A human study of occupational exposure to borate dust showed no adverse effect on reproduction.

                                Target organs: No target organ has been identified in humans. High dose, animal ingestion studies indicate the testes are the target organs in male animals.

                                Signs and symptoms of exposure: Symptoms of accidental over-exposure to Borax might include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, with delayed effects of skin redness and peeling.

                                These symptoms have been associated with the accidental overexposure to the chemically related substance boric acid."

                                Blessings!
                                Arthur
                                888-533-7007
                                1-604-826-1406