Re: [DrClark] Re: Brown coating on tongue

  • Selvam Mariappan
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2005
      Blue-black tongue stain

      While on the subject of tongue coatings, does hydrogen peroxide work for blue-black patch on tongue?
      I have noticed this ink stain-like patch on the side of my tongue, which has over the past couple of
      years grown progressively larger. Was not there before.
      It is not very pronounced, just a light stain.
      I have noticed some people with really dark blue-black patches on their tongues.
      Any idea what causes these patches?

      Thanks

      -vam
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
        Vam,

        Not sure what the stain is you're referring to, but hydrogen peroxide
        will only kill exposed organic beasties, and mildly "bleach"
        non-organic things.

        Whether it will help the stain you refer to depends on whether the
        stain is actually bacterial (or viruses, but not sure if H2O2 kills
        virii or not) or not. If it is, and the bacteria are on the surface,
        the H2O2 will kill them. If they are under the skin, the H2O2 will
        not work. If the stain is not bacteria, and instead some toxin lodged
        in the area, the H2O2 will either not work, or only temporarily bleach
        the area it is applied (depending on strength of H2O2. - 3% stuff
        won't bleach much).

        -Ken Bagwell

        Service.

      • medmidas
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
          What U see may be the veins on yr tongue.
          veins look purple, blue, green etc.
          ===================================
          > While on the subject of tongue coatings, does hydrogen peroxide work for
          > blue-black patch on tongue?
          > I have noticed this ink stain-like patch on the side of my tongue, which
          > has over the past couple of
          > years grown progressively larger. Was not there before.
          > It is not very pronounced, just a light stain.
          > I have noticed some people with really dark blue-black patches on their
          > tongues.
          > Any idea what causes these patches?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > -vam

        • Dan
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 3, 2005
            Any thing like that is usually a digestive problem out of control that
            has move up your throat , thrush or problems eliminating toxins .
            If you eat salad and water for a few days it should get better but
            some people won't give up their junk foods .
            Dan

            --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, "medmidas" <medmidas@e...> wrote:
            > What U see may be the veins on yr tongue.
            > veins look purple, blue, green etc.
            > ===================================

          • kath
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 5, 2005
              --- In DrClark@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Bagwell" <kenancy2000@y...> wrote:
              > In the meantime, try mixing 50% cheap hydrogen peroxide with 50% of
              > some mouthwash you find acceptable, dip your brush in it, and
              > brush/rinse about 3 or 4 times, or as many times as you want, and that
              > stuff will fizz away just about anything on the tongue that's alive.
              > Your tongue will be pink again.

              Hi, I'm Kath, new to this list and this is the first post I've read.
              Wouldn't that make your tongue really sore?
              Love
              Kath
            • Ken Bagwell
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 9, 2005