Borax and Citric Acid for Hair

  • Mark Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      Good Morning...

      I use borax for cleaning my hair and follow up with a citric acid rinse, as recommended by Dr. Clark. How sweet it is to be free from the chemicals of shampoo.

      I have a question though...For the first 2 or so weeks of using the borax/citric acid my scalp really itched. And I have a friend and her daughter using this combo for cleaning their hair and they notice the itching as well. After about 2 weeks itching all gone. Do you suppose the itching has something to do with clogged pores from using chemical shampoos? Or..any other ideas? The borax/citric acid really leaves hair nice and clean and as I have said before all my split ends are gone.

    • cherspunky1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
        Hey I was wondering . How do you put the two together and ?

        Thanks ,
        Cher

      • Ingrid
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2004
          I always have a solution of borax (purified water and
          borax) in a bottle, because I like to use it for
          washing hands, dishes, clothes, etc.
          When I wash my hair, I just use it like shampoo (for
          over a year now). After I rinse the diluted borax out
          of my hair, I put some citric acid in a cup with some
          purified water and use it like a conditioner. I rinse
          my hair again... and that's it. My hair is easy to
          comb, has a nice shine and even feels thicker. I used
          to put hair gel on to keep it in place and now, just
          as Dr. Clark suggests, I make it wet and comb it the
          way I want it. Funny that I never thought of doing
          this before. My husband always wets his hair, before
          he combs it...
          People compliment me and ask what shampoo I am using,
          but they don't appreciate what I tell them... The ones
          who tried it, don't like it, because it does not
          lather... I got used to that... I am glad too that I
          don't have to use chemicals anymore...
          Ingrid

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail