June 3rd Election

  • sealzachary
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2008
      Just a reminder that June 3rd, next Tuesday, is election day.  There are several important local and state races and propositions on the ballot, including the city council seat for our district.  If you don't know if you are registered or where your precinct is, you can try calling the Alameda County registrar's office at(510) 272-6973.

      I also want to thank everybody who helped organize and/or attended the May 7th Downtown Lake Merritt Neighborhood Group city council debate.  If anyone wants to thank the provider of the pastries and coffee, please visit the Good News Cafe at 17th Street between Jackson and Madison.  Buy some coffee, sandwiches, or pastries and/or leave a thank you note for Eric, the owner. Let him know you appreciate his donation to help ensure the success of a neighborhood event.

      You can also help by taking down any flyers for the debate if there are any still posted anywhere.

      Also, courtesy of a volunteer at the May 7th city council debate, here is a video of the debate, divided up into "chapters" for each of the debate questions. Click below:

      Playlist: May 7th Downtown Lake Merritt Candidate Forum