Two City Council Candidate Forums: THIS SUNDAY & MAY 7th
SUNDAY APRIL 27th (TOMORROW) Candidate Forum:
The HarriOak Neighborhood Group is hosting a forum for the District 3 and At Large seats at the First Christian Church at 111 Fairmount from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30p.m. All District 3 and At Large candidates will be present. See below for more details.
WEDNESDAY MAY 7th Candidate Forum:
The Downtown Lake Merritt Neighborhood Group (DLMNG) is hosting a forum in the ballroom of the Scottish Rite Center (1547 Lakeside Drive) from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. Incumbent Nancy Nadel and challengers Sean Sullivan and Greg Hodge will all be present. Refreshments will be provided.
Residents can ask questions directly or submit questions on index cards to be read by one of the moderators. In addition to attending, here are some ways you can volunteer to help make the forum effective:
- Volunteer to be a moderator. Your primary responsibility would be to ask the questions submitted to you on index cards and hold the candidates to the 2 minute answer limit.
- Volunteer to collect questions on index cards and hand them to the moderators.
- Volunteer to video record the forum so that it can be posted on the DLMNG website after the forum.
- Lend a microphone (battery-operated cordless is preferred but any microphone would be appreciated).
- Volunteer to help post flyers advertising the forum.
- Volunteer to help set up and clean up after the forum.
If you can volunter to help with any of the tasks listed above, please click "reply" to this email or send an email to zachseal@...
More details on this SUNDAY APRIL 27TH's HarriOak Neighborhood Candidate Forum:
The format is intros, group q&a and then q&a in small groups (kind of like speed dating the candidates). Pastor Jha will moderate/referee.
This was organized so that neighbors can meet the candidates all in one place, have the opportunity to ask plenty of questions and hopefully get the information they need to feel comfortable voting. All District 3 and At Large candidates will be present.
Location: First Christian Church at 111 Fairmount THIS SUNDAY from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30p.m.
While the event is neutral that hopefully won't mean bland! I am anticipating meaningful debate particularly about crime and development. I'm hoping the event may even be inspiring. There are some great people who are putting themselves out there and asking for support.
For folks driving in, there is a parking lot to the left of the church. The church is also about a 1 mile walk from the 19th Street BART. We hope to see you there!