New poll for DowntownLakeMerritt

  • DowntownLakeMerritt@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 12, 2008
      DowntownLakeMerritt group:

      If our neighborhood supports the idea, the Oakland Public Works committee will consider creating a �Public Right-of-way Improvement Fund� for the �Area F� parking permit zone. It would be funded by an increase of $5 per year for our Area F parking permit stickers. The funds would be used for infrastructure and beautification projects, such as tree plantings, sidewalk repair and landscaping, road repaving, bus shelter improvements, sidewalk furniture (like benches on some of the wide sidewalks in our neighborhood), etc. There are currently 460 permits in Area F, which means about $2,500 would be generated annually for the improvements. An advisory board of consisting of residents living in the Area F zone would be appointed by our councilmember and recommend to the Public Works Committee how the money should be spent. Please only vote if you live in the Area F Zone (roughly Lakeside, Madison, Jackson, and Alice between 14th & 19th). You can vote if you live in this area but do not currently pay for a permit sticker.

      o Yes, I'd be willing to pay $5 more per year to fund these improvements
      o No, I do not want to pay $5 more per year to fund these improvements

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • DowntownLakeMerritt@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 14, 2008
        DowntownLakeMerritt group:

        Would you like to create a "Neighborhood Benefits District" for the Downtown Lake Merritt Neighborhood? Here's how it would work: a $5-$10 surcharge would be added to our annual Area F permit parking fee. The funds raised from this surcharge would finance neighborhood improvements, such as tree plantings, sidewalk repair and landscaping, road repaving, bus shelter improvements, sidewalk furniture (such as benches on some of the wide sidewalks in our neighborhood), and other improvements. There are currently 460 parking permits in Area F, which means that about $2,300 ($5 surcharge) or $4,600 ($10 surcharge) would be generated annually for neighborhood improvements. An Advisory Board of residents living in the Area F zone and would be appointed by our councilmember. The Advisory Board would decide how the money generated by the surcharge would be spent. Everybody in the neighborhood would have an opportunity to provide input on how the money should be used. NOTE: If you voted in the previous poll for this surcharge, please vote again. The choices have been revised, which reset the poll. Email zachseal@... if you have questions.

        o Yes, I support a $5 Area F permit parking surcharge to generate $2,300 for neighborhood improvements.
        o Yes, I support a $10 Area F permit parking surcharge to generate $4,600 for neighborhood improvements.
        o No, I do not support an Area F permit parking surcharge to finance neighborhood improvements.

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!