Block Party Meeting Update

  • Zach Seal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2006
      I am happy to report that the block party meeting was a success.

      Wil has already done a lot of legwork in preparation for August 1. In
      addition to designing and posting the flyers around our neighborhood,
      he has secured some grant money from the City of Oakland and forged
      partnerships with restaurants that have promised to provide free food!

      FOOD
      One of the concerns expressed at the meeting was that with all the
      donated food from chain restaurants, the block party might feel too
      "corporate." To help make sure this doesn't happen, Wil said he is
      going to get as many of our locally-owned restaurants/coffee shops to
      donate food in addition to the chain restaurants. If anybody has
      relationships with the owners of any of our local eateries, let Wil
      know. Also, if anyone thinks they can prepare a large amount of food
      themselves, let Wil know that as well. His email is: wiloliver@...

      VOLUNTEERING
      To those of you who apologized to me for not being at the meeting,
      don't fret. About 10 people showed up, which is more than enough.
      However, I'm sure Wil could use more volunteers on the DAY OF the
      block party. His email is: wiloliver@...

      COMMUNITY BULLETIN BOARD AT NATURE'S BEST FOODS
      One person brought up what I think is a great idea. Why not have a
      community bulletin board where people can post messages about
      neighborhood meetings, parties, and odds-and-ends they would like to
      sale? To this end, if a couple of us can donate $5, $10, $15 or more,
      we can make this happen. In addition making a money donation, I'll
      volunteer to go to the Office Max in Fruitvale and buy the bulletin
      board. Let me know if you can make a money donation as well.

      Thanks and see you all on August 1st!

      Zach
      zachseal@...
      510-832-3921