Street Cleaning Hours & Lake Merritt Development Town Hall Meeting

  • Zach Seal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2007
      Councilmember Nancy Nadel will be holding her monthly "coffee hours" this Saturday January 27th at the World Ground Cafe, 308 Jackson Street; 11 am to 1pm.

      I'll be at the Cafe to give Councilmember Nadel the 300 signatures gathered in support of  installing a crosswalk at 15th/Jackson and changing street cleaning hours from nighttime to daytime hours.  I'm also going to explore the possibility of changing street cleaning from weekly to twice a month.  Feel free to attend the coffee hours to support any of these changes, express concerns about them, or to discuss other neighborhood issues.  Email me if you have any questions:
      zachseal@...

      Councilmembers Pat Kernighan and Nancy Nadel are hosting a Lake Merritt Town Hall Meeting to discuss proposed high-rises around Lake Merritt.  The following issues will be discussed:

          -Identifying areas where high rise buildings are and are not appropriate
          -Maintaining view corridors - for pedestrians, autos, and residents
          -Wind corridors, light/glare, shadows on open space and the lake
          -Determining impacts on existing visual/neighborhood character

      When: Wednesday, January 31, 2007; 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
      Where: Lake Merritt Garden Center, 666 Bellevue-Vista Room

      For more information, contact Marisa Arrona, (510) 238-7031 or ArronaM@...