Alice, Jackson, Madison Street Neighborhood

  • Zach Seal
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 18, 2006
      Howdy Neighbors. Here are a few things on my mind:

      RECRUIT NEIGHBORS TO GET ON THIS GROUP LIST IF YOU CAN
      Send them to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Alice_Jackson_Madison_Neighbors/
      Ask them to click the "Join This Group" button

      JACKSON STREET SUMMER BLOCK PARTY
      I think it would be fun to have a block party this summer. I'm
      beginning to find out the process for getting a permit to block off a
      section of Jackson Street. Let me know if you want to help me
      organize by being on the "Jackson Street Block Party Committee." I'm
      hoping different people will volunteer to head up certain
      responsibilities, i.e. food, music, white elephant exchange, different
      activities, etc.

      PERMIT PARKING UPDATE
      I talked to Philip Ho on Friday. He said last week he finally received
      the requisite 15 applications per block for permit parking. Now, he
      will forward the work order to the public works department to put up
      permit signs. He said the process is now out of his hands, but I have
      the name and phone number of the person at public works in charge of
      signs for our block, so I will call him sometime next week.

      The new permit parking will include Jackson St. between 14th & 15th
      and 17th & 19th; 15th between Jackson/Madison (both sides); and
      Madison between 17th/19th.

      What we REALLY need is permit parking on Jackson between 15th & 17th.
      To do this, we need 3-5 signatures from apartment managers/property
      owners of these apartment complexes. Let me know if you want to
      volunteer to get 1 or 2 signatures. You don't need to live on Jackson
      between 15th & 17th to get a signature. I can give you the piece of
      paper they need to sign.

      Thanks!

      Zach
      zachseal@...
      510-832-3921 (home)
      919-593-3293 (cell)
    • millerlatonia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2006
        Hi Zach,

        Thank you for taking this project on. I can help in anyway I can. I
        was wondering about getting permits on 13th St.and Jackson. I live at
        the La Peralta Apts. on 13th and Jackson. That orange building behind
        McDonalds. Yes, I would like to help with the Block party. What day
        and time are we talking? My work number is 510-654-9200 x131.

        LaTonia

        --- In Alice_Jackson_Madison_Neighbors@yahoogroups.com, "Zach Seal"
        <zachslickseal@...> wrote:

        > Howdy Neighbors. Here are a few things on my mind:
        >
        > RECRUIT NEIGHBORS TO GET ON THIS GROUP LIST IF YOU CAN
        > Send them to
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Alice_Jackson_Madison_Neighbors/
        > Ask them to click the "Join This Group" button
        >
        > JACKSON STREET SUMMER BLOCK PARTY
        > I think it would be fun to have a block party this summer. I'm
        > beginning to find out the process for getting a permit to block off
        > section of Jackson Street. Let me know if you want to help me
        > organize by being on the "Jackson Street Block Party Committee."
        I'm
        > hoping different people will volunteer to head up certain
        > responsibilities, i.e. food, music, white elephant exchange,
        different
        > activities, etc.
        >
        > PERMIT PARKING UPDATE
        > I talked to Philip Ho on Friday. He said last week he finally
        received
        > the requisite 15 applications per block for permit parking. Now, he
        > will forward the work order to the public works department to put up
        > permit signs. He said the process is now out of his hands, but I
        have
        > the name and phone number of the person at public works in charge of
        > signs for our block, so I will call him sometime next week.
        >
        > The new permit parking will include Jackson St. between 14th & 15th
        > and 17th & 19th; 15th between Jackson/Madison (both sides); and
        > Madison between 17th/19th.
        >
        > What we REALLY need is permit parking on Jackson between 15th &
        17th.
        > To do this, we need 3-5 signatures from apartment managers/property
        > owners of these apartment complexes. Let me know if you want to
        > volunteer to get 1 or 2 signatures. You don't need to live on
        Jackson
        > between 15th & 17th to get a signature. I can give you the piece of
        > paper they need to sign.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Zach
        > zachseal@...
        > 510-832-3921 (home)
        > 919-593-3293 (cell)

      • Zach Seal
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2006
          If you want parking permits on your block, the person to call is Philip Ho at the City of Oakland (238-6256 & 238-3466).

          I'm putting you on the list of people to help for the block party. I'll let you know when we have our first meeting.
          zach

          <zachslickseal@ ...> wrote:

          > Howdy Neighbors. Here are a few things on my mind:
          >
          > RECRUIT NEIGHBORS TO GET ON THIS GROUP LIST IF YOU CAN
          > Send them to
          > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Alice_ Jackson_Madison_ Neighbors/
          > Ask them to click the "Join This Group" button
          >
          > JACKSON STREET SUMMER BLOCK PARTY
          > I think it would be fun to have a block party this summer. I'm
          > beginning to find out the process for getting a permit to block off
          > section of Jackson Street. Let me know if you want to help me
          > organize by being on the "Jackson Street Block Party Committee."
          I'm
          > hoping different people will volunteer to head up certain
          > responsibilities, i.e. food, music, white elephant exchange,
          different
          > activities, etc.
          >
          > PERMIT PARKING UPDATE
          > I talked to Philip Ho on Friday. He said last week he finally
          received
          > the requisite 15 applications per block for permit parking. Now, he
          > will forward the work order to the public works department to put up
          > permit signs. He said the process is now out of his hands, but I
          have
          > the name and phone number of the person at public works in charge of
          > signs for our block, so I will call him sometime next week.
          >
          > The new permit parking will include Jackson St. between 14th & 15th
          > and 17th & 19th; 15th between Jackson/Madison (both sides); and
          > Madison between 17th/19th.
          >
          > What we REALLY need is permit parking on Jackson between 15th &
          17th.
          > To do this, we need 3-5 signatures from apartment managers/property
          > owners of these apartment complexes. Let me know if you want to
          > volunteer to get 1 or 2 signatures. You don't need to live on
          Jackson
          > between 15th & 17th to get a signature. I can give you the piece of
          > paper they need to sign.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Zach
          > zachseal@...
          > 510-832-3921 (home)
          > 919-593-3293 (cell)

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Debra Porter
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 20, 2006
            I'd also like to help with the block party.  I'm not sure how good I'd be at heading up a project, but I can help on any committees that are set up by making phone calls, duplicating and passing out flyers, etc.  What happened with Madison from 15th to 17th?  At the meeting at the library, Philip Ho said it was on the original list that was approved .

            <zachslickseal@ ...> wrote:

            > Howdy Neighbors. Here are a few things on my mind:
            >
            > RECRUIT NEIGHBORS TO GET ON THIS GROUP LIST IF YOU CAN
            > Send them to
            > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Alice_ Jackson_Madison_ Neighbors/
            > Ask them to click the "Join This Group" button
            >
            > JACKSON STREET SUMMER BLOCK PARTY
            > I think it would be fun to have a block party this summer. I'm
            > beginning to find out the process for getting a permit to block off
            > section of Jackson Street. Let me know if you want to help me
            > organize by being on the "Jackson Street Block Party Committee."
            I'm
            > hoping different people will volunteer to head up certain
            > responsibilities, i.e. food, music, white elephant exchange,
            different
            > activities, etc.
            >
            > PERMIT PARKING UPDATE
            > I talked to Philip Ho on Friday. He said last week he finally
            received
            > the requisite 15 applications per block for permit parking. Now, he
            > will forward the work order to the public works department to put up
            > permit signs. He said the process is now out of his hands, but I
            have
            > the name and phone number of the person at public works in charge of
            > signs for our block, so I will call him sometime next week.
            >
            > The new permit parking will include Jackson St. between 14th & 15th
            > and 17th & 19th; 15th between Jackson/Madison (both sides); and
            > Madison between 17th/19th.
            >
            > What we REALLY need is permit parking on Jackson between 15th &
            17th.
            > To do this, we need 3-5 signatures from apartment managers/property
            > owners of these apartment complexes. Let me know if you want to
            > volunteer to get 1 or 2 signatures. You don't need to live on
            Jackson
            > between 15th & 17th to get a signature. I can give you the piece of
            > paper they need to sign.
            >
            > Thanks!
            >
            > Zach
            > zachseal@...
            > 510-832-3921 (home)
            > 919-593-3293 (cell)

          • NSC for PSA 1 (1X, 3X, 3Y, 4X)
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 20, 2006
              For the block party, what about August 1st?  That's the National Night Out.  Please find the flyer for National Night Out attached for your reference.

              --
              Monique Tsang
              Neighborhood Services Coordinator for PSA 1

              *****
              NCPC Meetings in PSA 1 Metro Area
              *****
              Asian Advisory Committee on Crime (AACC)
              Every 3rd Thursday
              11:00 to 12:00 Noon
              Oakland Police Chinatown Office (388 9th Street, Suite 259)

              Beat 1 NCPC
              Every other 4th Thursday
              6:30 to 7:30 PM
              Buttercup Restaurant (229 Broadway at Jack London Square)

              Chinatown NCPC **MEETING CONDUCTS IN CANTONESE**
              Every 3rd Wednesday
              6:00 to 7:00 PM
              Oakland Police Chinatown Office (388 9th Street, Suite 259)

              Beat 3 NCPC
              Every 4th Thursday
              6:00 to 7:30 PM
              City Hall Hearing Room 3 (1 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, 1st Floor)

              Beat 4 NCPC
              Every 2nd Thursday