Potlcuk BBQ -- High Rise In Front of McDonalds -- Trees

  • Zach Seal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2006

      Meeting to Plan for Neighborhood Potluck BBQ
      I'm hosting a meeting to begin organizing a neighborhood BBQ.  The meetingwill be this Wed Sept 27 after work hours.  If you are interested, email me at zachseal@... to get the exact time and location.

      Public Hearing
      There will be a public hearing at 1 Frank Ogawa Plaza (the main city hall building) in Hearing Room 2 this Wed Sept 27th to discuss a twin 20-tower high rise project in front of McDonalds on the square block of 13th/14 & Jackson/Madison.  I'velooked at a rendering and it seems pretty massive: 356 densely packed condo units and what looks like a private walled-off courtyard between the two towers. I'd like to see some public space as part of this large project.  The hearing begins at 4:00PM, but the project is the third item on the agenda, so it could be discussed anywhere from 4:15-5:30, or even later. If you want to stop by after work, you can call me on my cell to see if the item has been discussed yet.  Email me at zachseal@... for my cell phone #.

      Trees
      If you would like trees planted in front of your apartment, I have downloaded a form you can fill out and mail to the city. You need to have your property owner sign the form.  To find the form, go to www.groups.yahoo.com/group/downtownlakemerritt and click on "Files."  The file is labeled "Tree Planting Application."  If you have any questions, you can contact
      Robert C. Zahn (Tree Supervisor I for City of Oakland ) at RZahn@... or (510) 615-5850. He's helping me get two trees planted at the corner of Jackson & 15th.

      Zach Seal
      zachseal@...