82New poll for DowntownLakeMerritt

  • DowntownLakeMerritt@yahoogroups.com
    Apr 12, 2008
      DowntownLakeMerritt group:

      If our neighborhood supports the idea, the Oakland Public Works committee will consider creating a �Public Right-of-way Improvement Fund� for the �Area F� parking permit zone. It would be funded by an increase of $5 per year for our Area F parking permit stickers. The funds would be used for infrastructure and beautification projects, such as tree plantings, sidewalk repair and landscaping, road repaving, bus shelter improvements, sidewalk furniture (like benches on some of the wide sidewalks in our neighborhood), etc. There are currently 460 permits in Area F, which means about $2,500 would be generated annually for the improvements. An advisory board of consisting of residents living in the Area F zone would be appointed by our councilmember and recommend to the Public Works Committee how the money should be spent. Please only vote if you live in the Area F Zone (roughly Lakeside, Madison, Jackson, and Alice between 14th & 19th). You can vote if you live in this area but do not currently pay for a permit sticker.

      o Yes, I'd be willing to pay $5 more per year to fund these improvements
      o No, I do not want to pay $5 more per year to fund these improvements

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic