4Re: [Alice_Jackson_Madison_Neighbors] Re: Alice, Jackson, Madison Street Neighborhood

  • Zach Seal
    Jun 20, 2006
      If you want parking permits on your block, the person to call is Philip Ho at the City of Oakland (238-6256 & 238-3466).

      I'm putting you on the list of people to help for the block party. I'll let you know when we have our first meeting.
      zach

      millerlatonia <millerlatonia@...> wrote:
      Hi Zach,

      Thank you for taking this project on. I can help in anyway I can. I
      was wondering about getting permits on 13th St.and Jackson. I live at
      the La Peralta Apts. on 13th and Jackson. That orange building behind
      McDonalds. Yes, I would like to help with the Block party. What day
      and time are we talking? My work number is 510-654-9200 x131.

      LaTonia

      --- In Alice_Jackson_ Madison_Neighbor s@yahoogroups. com, "Zach Seal"
      <zachslickseal@ ...> wrote:

      > Howdy Neighbors. Here are a few things on my mind:
      >
      > RECRUIT NEIGHBORS TO GET ON THIS GROUP LIST IF YOU CAN
      > Send them to
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Alice_ Jackson_Madison_ Neighbors/
      > Ask them to click the "Join This Group" button
      >
      > JACKSON STREET SUMMER BLOCK PARTY
      > I think it would be fun to have a block party this summer. I'm
      > beginning to find out the process for getting a permit to block off
      > section of Jackson Street. Let me know if you want to help me
      > organize by being on the "Jackson Street Block Party Committee."
      I'm
      > hoping different people will volunteer to head up certain
      > responsibilities, i.e. food, music, white elephant exchange,
      different
      > activities, etc.
      >
      > PERMIT PARKING UPDATE
      > I talked to Philip Ho on Friday. He said last week he finally
      received
      > the requisite 15 applications per block for permit parking. Now, he
      > will forward the work order to the public works department to put up
      > permit signs. He said the process is now out of his hands, but I
      have
      > the name and phone number of the person at public works in charge of
      > signs for our block, so I will call him sometime next week.
      >
      > The new permit parking will include Jackson St. between 14th & 15th
      > and 17th & 19th; 15th between Jackson/Madison (both sides); and
      > Madison between 17th/19th.
      >
      > What we REALLY need is permit parking on Jackson between 15th &
      17th.
      > To do this, we need 3-5 signatures from apartment managers/property
      > owners of these apartment complexes. Let me know if you want to
      > volunteer to get 1 or 2 signatures. You don't need to live on
      Jackson
      > between 15th & 17th to get a signature. I can give you the piece of
      > paper they need to sign.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Zach
      > zachseal@...