32Street Sweeping, Crosswalk and Trees

  • Zach Seal
    Feb 15, 2007
      Hi Neighbors:

      The final tally was
      131 petition signatures in favor of a crosswalk at 15th and Jackson and 181 signatures in favor of changing street sweeping hours from 12 a.m. - 3 a.m. to daytime hours.  Next week, I will send copies of these signatures to our City Councilmember, Nancy Nadel, and the appropriate staff at the Oakland Public Works Department.

      I will include a letter with each of the petition submissions, which have been posted on the listserv website for everybody to review.  If you have any comments/concerns/suggestions, email me at zachseal@...

      "Letter to Councilmember Nadel - Street Sweeping"

      Also, if you would like the City of Oakland to plant a tree in front of your apartment for free, you can download a tree planting application form on the website.  Your apartment's property owner or manager must sign the form.  To print it out, go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/downtownlakemerritt and click on the "files" section on the left of the page.  The form is in the folder called "Free Tree Planting - Free Daffodil Planting."

      zachseal@...