3Re: [Alice_Jackson_Madison_Neighbors] Re: Alice, Jackson, Madison Street Neighborhood

  • Debra Porter
    Jun 20, 2006
      I'd also like to help with the block party.  I'm not sure how good I'd be at heading up a project, but I can help on any committees that are set up by making phone calls, duplicating and passing out flyers, etc.  What happened with Madison from 15th to 17th?  At the meeting at the library, Philip Ho said it was on the original list that was approved .

      millerlatonia <millerlatonia@...> wrote:
      Hi Zach,

      Thank you for taking this project on. I can help in anyway I can. I
      was wondering about getting permits on 13th St.and Jackson. I live at
      the La Peralta Apts. on 13th and Jackson. That orange building behind
      McDonalds. Yes, I would like to help with the Block party. What day
      and time are we talking? My work number is 510-654-9200 x131.

      LaTonia

      --- In Alice_Jackson_ Madison_Neighbor s@yahoogroups. com, "Zach Seal"
      <zachslickseal@ ...> wrote:

      > Howdy Neighbors. Here are a few things on my mind:
      >
      > RECRUIT NEIGHBORS TO GET ON THIS GROUP LIST IF YOU CAN
      > Send them to
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Alice_ Jackson_Madison_ Neighbors/
      > Ask them to click the "Join This Group" button
      >
      > JACKSON STREET SUMMER BLOCK PARTY
      > I think it would be fun to have a block party this summer. I'm
      > beginning to find out the process for getting a permit to block off
      > section of Jackson Street. Let me know if you want to help me
      > organize by being on the "Jackson Street Block Party Committee."
      I'm
      > hoping different people will volunteer to head up certain
      > responsibilities, i.e. food, music, white elephant exchange,
      different
      > activities, etc.
      >
      > PERMIT PARKING UPDATE
      > I talked to Philip Ho on Friday. He said last week he finally
      received
      > the requisite 15 applications per block for permit parking. Now, he
      > will forward the work order to the public works department to put up
      > permit signs. He said the process is now out of his hands, but I
      have
      > the name and phone number of the person at public works in charge of
      > signs for our block, so I will call him sometime next week.
      >
      > The new permit parking will include Jackson St. between 14th & 15th
      > and 17th & 19th; 15th between Jackson/Madison (both sides); and
      > Madison between 17th/19th.
      >
      > What we REALLY need is permit parking on Jackson between 15th &
      17th.
      > To do this, we need 3-5 signatures from apartment managers/property
      > owners of these apartment complexes. Let me know if you want to
      > volunteer to get 1 or 2 signatures. You don't need to live on
      Jackson
      > between 15th & 17th to get a signature. I can give you the piece of
      > paper they need to sign.
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Zach
      > zachseal@...