1Alice, Jackson, Madison Street Neighborhood

  • Zach Seal
    Jun 18, 2006
      Howdy Neighbors. Here are a few things on my mind:

      RECRUIT NEIGHBORS TO GET ON THIS GROUP LIST IF YOU CAN
      Send them to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Alice_Jackson_Madison_Neighbors/
      Ask them to click the "Join This Group" button

      JACKSON STREET SUMMER BLOCK PARTY
      I think it would be fun to have a block party this summer. I'm
      beginning to find out the process for getting a permit to block off a
      section of Jackson Street. Let me know if you want to help me
      organize by being on the "Jackson Street Block Party Committee." I'm
      hoping different people will volunteer to head up certain
      responsibilities, i.e. food, music, white elephant exchange, different
      activities, etc.

      PERMIT PARKING UPDATE
      I talked to Philip Ho on Friday. He said last week he finally received
      the requisite 15 applications per block for permit parking. Now, he
      will forward the work order to the public works department to put up
      permit signs. He said the process is now out of his hands, but I have
      the name and phone number of the person at public works in charge of
      signs for our block, so I will call him sometime next week.

      The new permit parking will include Jackson St. between 14th & 15th
      and 17th & 19th; 15th between Jackson/Madison (both sides); and
      Madison between 17th/19th.

      What we REALLY need is permit parking on Jackson between 15th & 17th.
      To do this, we need 3-5 signatures from apartment managers/property
      owners of these apartment complexes. Let me know if you want to
      volunteer to get 1 or 2 signatures. You don't need to live on Jackson
      between 15th & 17th to get a signature. I can give you the piece of
      paper they need to sign.

      Thanks!

      Zach
      zachseal@...