AW: [Doepfer_a100] missing 4-strip ribbon cable between bus-boards

  • Dieter Doepfer
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
      A1k,

      the 4-strip ribbon cable is not an accessory that we offer. Maybe the former
      customer has added this cable (or it is offered by the Doepfer
      representative in your country).

      The only accessory that is a bit similar is the "A-100BC CV/Gate bus
      connection cable". But this only a 2 pin cable with a jumper soldered to
      each side of both cables. The cable (or even one wire only) can be used to
      connect the CV and/or Gate lines of 2 bus boards. E.g. if the A-190 is
      located in the lower row and you have one or two VCOs in the upper row the
      CV line of the lower bus board can be connected to the CV line of the upper
      bus boards by means of this cable. For this the CV and Gate pin headers on
      the bus boards are used.

      Details on page 9 and 10 of the A-100 user's manual (pin headers/jumpers
      J1,J2).

      Pay attention that only one module is allowed to put CV and Gate to the bus
      (e.g. A-190 or A-185, not both). Otherwise a short circuit of two CV or Gate
      outputs is the result. Details in the user manuals of A-185 and A-190.

      > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

    • analog1k
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "Dieter Doepfer" <hardware@...>