Need schematic for a-143-1 complex envelope generator

  • danv_83
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2005
      Hello, I'm trying to get a feel for how the a-143-1 complex env gen is
      layed out, mainy I would like to see where the attack and decay pots
      (or are they functioning as rheostats?) tie in with things. I would
      like to either put a vactrol module in serial with the pot or sum a cv
      in to whichever section is responsible for the attack and decay time
      setting voltages,,,,

      Can anyone help? If not a schematic , it would at least be handy to
      know what point to tap into,, and if that point is already set up for
      normal cv voltage levels or not,,, thanks....

      It's really hard to see into this module because of all the stacks
      being so close,, so I figured a schematic would be a lot faster than
      trying to nit pick without even seeing very well..

      Thank you!!!
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2005
        Hi

        see my answer to synth_ollie from today. The schematics are sold by Doepfer.

        Florian

        danv_83 wrote:

        > Hello, I'm trying to get a feel for how the a-143-1 complex env gen is
        > layed out, mainy I would like to see where the attack and decay pots
        > (or are they functioning as rheostats?) tie in with things. I would
        > like to either put a vactrol module in serial with the pot or sum a cv
        > in to whichever section is responsible for the attack and decay time
        > setting voltages,,,,
        >
        > Can anyone help? If not a schematic , it would at least be handy to
        > know what point to tap into,, and if that point is already set up for
        > normal cv voltage levels or not,,, thanks....
        >
        > It's really hard to see into this module because of all the stacks
        > being so close,, so I figured a schematic would be a lot faster than
        > trying to nit pick without even seeing very well..
        >
        > Thank you!!!

        Florian Anwander |ConSol
        Tel. +49(89)45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
        Fax +49(89)45841-111 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 M√ľnchen
        email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2005
          hello,

          this information is not yet ready, but afaik will be
          prepared soon for all those who want to modify the
          a143/1 or other modules for use with the
          forthcoming a101/9 vactrol module.

          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "danv_83" <danv_83@y...> wrote:

          > Hello, I'm trying to get a feel for how the a-143-1 complex env gen is
          > layed out, mainy I would like to see where the attack and decay pots
          > (or are they functioning as rheostats?) tie in with things. I would
          > like to either put a vactrol module in serial with the pot or sum a cv
          > in to whichever section is responsible for the attack and decay time
          > setting voltages,,,,
          >
          > Can anyone help? If not a schematic , it would at least be handy to
          > know what point to tap into,, and if that point is already set up for
          > normal cv voltage levels or not,,, thanks....
          >
          > It's really hard to see into this module because of all the stacks
          > being so close,, so I figured a schematic would be a lot faster than
          > trying to nit pick without even seeing very well..
          >
          > Thank you!!!

        • Dieter Doepfer
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2005
            As soon as the vactrol module is available we will publish all applications.
            The A/D control of the A-143-1 will be one of the examples. As I'm very busy
            because of the Christmas/end-of-the-year orders and the NAMM preparations I
            will not have time to prepare this information within the next next few
            days. But e.g. for the A/D/R controls (e.g. A-140, A-143-1, A-143-2) it's
            very simple: the vactrol has to be connected in parallel to the terminals of
            the corresponding rotary potentiometer and the potentiometer has to be set
            to its maximum resistance (i.e. normally fully CW). For the lowest of the
            four sub-modules of the A-143-1 it is very easy to find the suitable points
            on the bottom side of the pcb.

            > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

          • danv_83
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 9, 2005
              Interesting,

              Well I'm not attempting to copy the module, so I would rather not have
              to pay for simply figuring out where to tap into...

              If anyone already knows which points will do this I would love to find
              out.

              Otherwise I suppose I'll wait and see if this info comes about when
              the vactrol module happens,,, or maybe I will just take matters into
              my own hands and try some more snooping around on the pcb.

              Thanks!

              --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "selfoscillate"

            • rfahl@pdx.edu
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 10, 2005
                I hate to say it, but if no one has a schematic, then you will have to "reverse
                engineer" the circuit to find out how it works. The Doepfer modules that I've
                seen are single sided PCBs, so it's definitely easier to do than if they were
                double sided.

                Romeo