Re: A-137

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
      hello,

      yes, this is normal behaviour of the a137.
      i always have the knob turned a bit clockwise
      to come around this.

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "n keller" <nirokesan@h...> wrote:
        > Bakis.
        >
        > This is exactly what I mean. I see someone else has responded as
        well with
        > a similar condition. I know it isn't the end of the world, I just
        never
        > heard anyone else mention it so thought perhaps I was alone. I can
        use a
        > limiter to level things out if needed. However, I do wish that it
        could
        > keep itself levelled somehow. I would like to morph from NO effect
        > totally mental and back without that massive volume step.
        >
        > Thanks (group) for your responses.

        hello,

        the metalbox/cgs wave multiplier can do this,
        going from zero effect to massive effect without
        changing the level, but all in all the metalbox
        module cannot be as radical as the a137.
        the a137 seriously offers the bigger potential
        when extreme folding is required and to my ears
        the a137 sounds cleaner, it doesn't introduce the
        same amount of hum as the metalbox module does,
        when using high multiplication values.
        also the a137 offers more parameters as
        any other wave multiplier. anyway both modules
        are desirable and surely have their advantages
        over the other.

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2005
          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "p. hendricks" <ph@c...> wrote:
          > so, I gather it's quite a bit different from the CGS or Metalbox Wave
          > multiplier. So, in what way? and where does the Oakley Wave Folder
          fit in?
          > Also, unique?
          > best,
          > phil

          hello phil,

          i don't own an oakley wave multiplier, but i believe
          that all wave multipliers are different to each
          other, they all have a different sound, even more
          than different filters.