Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: Any A101-3 phaser samples or thoughts?

  • ph@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 2, 2005
      > Hello everybody,
      >
      > I have the same question as Phil.
      Well, not anymore, I grabbed one. This thing is amazing, it has so many possibilities from subtle to very extreme, that samples don't help a whole lot.
      But I'll try and get some together.
      Ingo, has some samples on his site, check the archives, I don't have the url handy.
      This is probably the most flexible Doepfer audio module, if you like complex patches you can't go wrong. And of course, it sounds great.
      best,
      phil
    • Anton Coops
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 2, 2005
        ok Phil!! I'll check Ingo's site

        Thanx a lot
        Anton

        On 2 Aug 2005, at 17:11, ph@... wrote:

        > > Hello everybody,
        > >
        > > I have the same question as Phil.
        > Well, not anymore, I grabbed one. This thing is amazing, it has so many possibilities from subtle to very extreme, that samples don't help a whole lot.
        > But I'll try and get some together.
        > Ingo, has some samples on his site, check the archives, I don't have the url handy.
        > This is probably the most flexible Doepfer audio module, if you like complex patches you can't go wrong. And of course, it sounds great.
        > best,
        > phil
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Dieter Doepfer
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 3, 2005
          > And while I'm on the subject of vactrols... I can't seem to get a
          > mental picture of how this planned Universal Vactrol Filter is going
          > to control all these knobs, and even the knobs of other machines? It
          > sounds like magic to me... :-)

          The Vactrol (exactly: the resistor terminals of the Vactrol) is simply
          connected in parallel to the existing potentiometer. The potentiometer is
          set to its maximum value. The dark resistance of the vactrol is very high
          (at least some MOhm), the light resistance only a few hundred Ohm.
          Consequently the manual control of the existing potentiometer is now managed
          by the vactrol by changing the resistance from the maximum value of the
          potentiometer (= the maximum value of the potentiometer in parallel to some
          MOhm of the Vactrol) down to a few hundred Ohms (= the potentiometers
          maximum value in parallel to a few hundred Ohms of the Vactrol). Only the
          lowest range (a few hundred Ohms to zero Ohm) is not covered. But this is
          normally only a small fraction of the whole range (e.g. less than 0.5% for a
          100k potentiometer or less than 0.05% for 1M).

          For the A-100 modules we will publish the pair of solder points where the
          Vactrol in question has to be connected to (e.g. A/D/R of A-140 or A-143-2,
          Delay/Length for A-162, Slew for A-170, Rate for A-117, Random Rate and
          Level for A-118, A/D of A-143-1 and so on). For other devices (e.g. guitar
          effect units) one has to look at the schematics to find out which parameter
          is controlled by a variable resistor and the corresponding solder point on
          the pcb.

          B.t.w. We also think about a midi controlled vactrol unit (with several midi
          controlled vactrols and switches) to control such parameters including
          switches via control change messages from a midi sequencer.

        • denis goekdag
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 3, 2005
            > B.t.w. We also think about a midi controlled vactrol unit (with
            > several midi
            > controlled vactrols and switches) to control such parameters including
            > switches via control change messages from a midi sequencer.

            whaaaaaaaaa.......you aren't taking orders yet, are you? ;-)

            that would *seriously* rock

            cheers,