latest doepfer news.

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
      dieter says:
      "we have a lot of work because of the redesign of many
      products which have becom necessary due to the
      cancellation of some integrated circuits used in these
      products. Among others the following products have to
      be redesigned: MAQ16/3, Drehbank, LMK2+ and LMK4+. The
      reason why we decided to cancel the Schaltwerk and
      Regelwerk was because of the obsolete parts. A
      redesign for Schaltwerk and Regelwerk was not
      profitable because of the small quantities.

      It is a lot of (boring) work but does not generate any
      news that would be of much interest for the customers.
      A bit frustrating but even this is part of our job.

      We are also about to finish the d3c controller,
      especially to fix the final version of the case
      becauss during the Frankfurt Musikmesse many visitors
      criticized that the distance between the draw bars and
      the keyboard is too much. So the pc board with the
      draw bars and the case has to be altered. And even the
      bass pedal d3b waits for the finishing touches.

      For the A-100 I have only one small piece of news: The
      A-148 has been redesigned and the new version will be
      available about summer 2005. The new A-148 will cover
      the complete voltage range (same improvement as for
      A-150 or A-151) and each sub-module can be set to S&H
      or T&H via jumper. The factory setting will be S&H for
      the upper and T&H for the lower sub-module. We are
      also about to finish the case for the A-100 CV/Gate
      keyboard. As we have to take into consideration the
      planned wheels/joystick/button box we have to make
      some preparations so that the box can be mounted to
      the keyboards case in an easy way. I think that it is
      important to have the CV/Gate keyboard prepared for
      the wheels/joystick box.

      The next really new module will be probably the
      universal AD/DA module(s). The electronics is not the
      problem for the module but it's very difficult to plan
      the controls, inputs and outputs for such a versatile
      module. We do not want to make 10 or even more
      different modules that essentially have the same
      electronics behind the front panel but only different
      numbers and arrangements of controls, inputs and
      ouputs. So we have to find a compromise between the
      number of different modules and the number of
      functions within each module. I will keep you informed
      about the proceedings and our ideas.

      I'm not sure if I already mentioned this but the
      results with the BBD's are a bit disappointing. The
      idea was to built a modular BBD module similar to the
      A-101-3 modular vactrol phaser with separate inputs
      and outputs for several stages. But daisy chaining of
      e.g. 6 BBD chips causes too many noise from our point
      of view. The standard BBD applications normally use
      only one or two BBDs with low pass filters at the
      input and output whose frequency is linked to the BBD
      clock (e.g. switched capacitor filters with the same
      clock source as for the BBD). It seems that our
      modular approach will not work. But I hope that the
      universal AD/DA module will cover a lot of the
      applications planned with the modular BBD module. But
      of course I know that the specific BBD sound cannot be
      realized with the AD/DA concept.

      And of course we still are about to finish the final
      version of the TKB during 2005.

      In any case the number of new modules will be less
      than during the last two years as the planned ones
      require much more research than the "easy ones" (like
      for example A-143-1, A-143-2, A-143-3, A-172, A-197,
      A-167, A-138c, A-133 which required only a few
      research)

      Bakis Siros
      Parallel Worlds / Polariton
      Athens-Greece
      [Doepfer_a100] group owner
      http://www.shimarecords.co.uk
      http://www.ward12.com

      __________________________________
      Yahoo! Mail Mobile
      http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
        dieter says with his deep and dark voice:
        ...Once upon a time, deep in the woods, there was a
        monster machine...
        eeh, sorry, wrong story.

        dieter says:
        "At the moment we are working in parallel on
        completion of several modules:
        universal AD/DA module, dual SC filter, thru-zero
        quadrature LFO/VCO,
        pitch-to-CV/Midi, precision CV adder/bus access,
        matrix mixer,
        "resurrection" of our wavetable prototype, fluctuating
        random voltages
        (A-149-3), synced LFOs (A-143-4), TKB and normal
        CV/Gate keyboard,
        controller box, manual gate module (but with some
        extended features like
        manually feeded LFO frequency) and some new OEM
        devices e.g. an 8 channel
        analog-to-midi interface with adjustable offset and
        scale for each input, a
        64 channel analog-to-midi interface (~ 4 times the
        Pocket Electronic), a 16
        channel midi-to-CV interface (e.g. as a low cost OEM
        replacement of the
        A-191) and some more. But at the moment I cannot say
        which of the
        modules/devices mentioned above will be available
        next.

        Kind regards
        Dieter"

        Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds